|Anthony Rapp Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||October 26, 1971|
Anthony Rapp is an American actor, voice actor, stage artist, author, and singer who is known for originating the role of Mark Cohen in the Broadway production of Rent. He has also been cast in many shows and movies including Star Trek: Discovery, Kidnapped, Rent, The Beach Boys: An American Family, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Dazed and Confused, Assault at West Point: The Court-Martial of Johnson Whittaker, 13 Reasons Why, The Good Fight, The Knick, Six Degrees of Separation, Adventures in Babysitting, A Beautiful Mind, Winter Passing, Let Them Chirp Awhile, and The Other Woman.
Anthony Deane Rapp
Chicago, Illinois, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Anthony Rapp studied at Joliet West High School as well as attended theatre camp at Interlochen Arts Camp in Michigan.
Later on, he shifted to New York in 1989 to study at New York University but dropped out after a semester.
Actor, Voice Actor, Stage Artist, Singer, Author
- Father – Douglas Rapp
- Mother – Mary Lee (née Baird) (Nurse)
- Siblings – Adam Rapp (Older Brother) (Novelist, Playwright, Screenwriter, Musician, Film Director), Anne Rapp (Older Sister)
- Others – Albert Charles Rapp (Paternal Grandfather), Doris Louise Wright (Paternal Grandmother), Robert Ellis Baird (Maternal Grandfather), Delores/Dolores Lorraine Deane (Maternal Grandmother)
Anthony Rapp has been represented by Untitled Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth had been $2 Million.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
67 kg or 147.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Anthony Rapp has dated –
- Ken Ithiphol (2016-Present) – He has been in a relationship with Ken Ithiphol since 2016 and they got engaged in November 2019. On December 2, 2022, they welcomed a son named Rai Larson Ithiphol, through surrogacy. On November 25, 2023, they were blessed with their 2nd child, a baby boy named Keony Lee Ithiphol (Pronunciation: kee-OH-knee), via surrogacy.
Race / Ethnicity
Anthony Rapp is of German, English, Irish, and Scottish descent.
During a 1997 interview with Oasis magazine, he explained his s*xual identity as “queer” rather than “gay”, stating, “I don’t want to get into labels, but I’ve never labeled myself except to say I’m queer. The thing that’s been most important to me to be out about is that I have been in loving relationships with men … I haven’t said “I am gay.” Because the truth is that I’ve also been in love with women, although the truth is I do think I’m primarily homosexual.”
Sparkling blue eyes
Anthony Rapp Facts
- Anthony uses he/him pronouns.
- He spent his childhood years growing up in Joliet, Illinois.
- His parents divorced in 1974.
- As a child, he used to participate in community theater and won awards for his singing in junior high school.
- Anthony Rapp made his theatrical film debut as Daryl Coopersmith in the 1987 teen comedy film Adventures in Babysitting.
- He shared a close bond with his mother who died at age 55 in 1997.
- He was cast as Charlie Brown in the 1999 Broadway revival of You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown.
- Anthony co-starred as Bender in the 2001 biographical drama film A Beautiful Mind. It is based on the life of the American mathematician John Nash, a Nobel Laureate in Economics and Abel Prize winner.
- In 2014, he originated the role of Lucas in the musical If/Then. This role won him the Broadway.com Audience Award for “Favorite Featured Actor in a Musical”.
- He is a “die hard” Chicago Cubs fan.
- Anthony Rapp has been childhood friends with comedian, actor, musician, and television and film producer Andy Dick.
- On September 9, 2020, he sued Kevin Spacey for s*xual assault, s*xual battery, and intentional infliction of emotional distress under the Child Victims Act.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0