|Kevin Spacey Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||July 26, 1959|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Kevin Spacey is a producer, singer, and multiple times Oscar-winning actor. He is known for his roles in The Usual Suspects, Outbreak, Se7en, A Time to Kill, L.A. Confidential, The Negotiator, A Bug’s Life, American Beauty, Superman Returns, 21, Shrink, Margin Call, Horrible Bosses series, Elvis & Nixon, Nine Lives, Rebel in the Rye, Baby Driver, Billionaire Boys Club, Crime Story, and House of Cards. He has over 5 million followers on Twitter, more than 3 million followers on Facebook, and over a million followers on Instagram.
Kevin Spacey Fowler
South Orange, New Jersey, United States
He divides his time amongst –
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- New York City, New York, United States
Kevin Spacey completed his 10th and 11th classes at the Northridge Military Academy, Canoga Park High School in California. In 1977, he graduated as the co-valedictorian of his class from Chatsworth High School in Chatsworth, California.
Later, from 1979 to 1981, he attended Juilliard School in New York City and studied Drama under the guidance of his teacher Marian Seldes.
Actor, Producer, Singer
- Father – Thomas Geoffrey Fowler (Technical Writer and Data Consultant)
- Mother – Kathleen Ann (Secretary)
- Siblings – Randy Fowler (Older Brother) (Limousine Driver and Rod Stewart Impersonator in Boise, Idaho), Julie Ann Fowler Keir (Sister) (Office Worker)
- Others – Bayard Cecil Fowler (Paternal Grandfather), Carden /Corden A. Fowler (Paternal Great-Grandfather), Ellen Mabel /Maybelle Chaffee (Paternal Great-Grandmother), Norma Louise Spacey (Paternal Grandmother), Thomas Oscar Spacey (Paternal Great-Grandfather), Lillian Mae Shepherd (Paternal Great-Grandmother), Allan August Knutson (Maternal Grandfather), Ole A. Knutson (Maternal Great-Grandfather ), Vehelmena “Mamie” E (Maternal Great-Grandmother), Harriet Elizabeth Powell (Maternal Grandmother ), Judson /Jedediah Scott Powell (Maternal Great-Grandfather), Lulu C. Richardson (Maternal Great-Grandmother)
Kevin Spacey is managed by –
- His own production company named Trigger Street Productions, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Joanne Horowitz, Manager, Joanne Horowitz Management, Los Angeles, California, United States
- John Fogelman, Agent, William Morris Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Staci Wolfe, Publicist, Polaris Public Relations, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Doug Stone, Attorney, Stone Meyer & Genow, Beverly Hills, California, United States
Pop, Jazz, Rock & Roll
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Spouse
Kevin Spacey has dated –
- Jennifer Jason Leigh – Kevin was rumored to have had an encounter with actress Jennifer Jason Leigh.
- April Winchell (1996-1997) – From 1976 to 1977, Kevin dated actress April Winchell.
- Dianne Dreyer (1992-2000) – In 1992, Kevin started dating scriptwriter Dianne Dreyer. They were together for 8 long years until their separation in 2000.
- In March 2000, Kevin was photographed with a much younger male model enjoying a private time at the Oakland Memorial Park in Topanga, California.
- Ashleigh Banfield (2014) – In 2014, it was speculated that he had a brief affair with Canadian TV News Presenter, Ashleigh Banfield.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Swedish, English, and distant Welsh ancestry.
Though Kevin Spacey came out as gay in October 2017, the gay community criticized his move stating that it was just an attempt to overshadow his faulty character as a sexual assaulter on minors.
- Wide forehead
- Long rounded chin
- Tends to wear a golf cap
Kevin Spacey has done endorsement work for brands like –
- Honda Accord automobile
- American Airlines
- Olympus Pen digital camera
- BZ WEK bank
- Renault Espace automobile
Best Known For
- His Academy Award-winning roles in The Usual Suspects (1995) as Roger “Verbal” Kint and American Beauty (1999) as Lester Burnham
- His other notables roles in Se7en (1995) as John Doe, A Time to Kill (1996) as Rufus Buckley, A. Confidential (1997) as Jack Vincennes, Superman Returns (2006) as Lex Luthor, Horrible Bosses series (2011 & 2014) as Dave Harken, Elvis & Nixon (2016) as Richard Nixon, Nine Lives (2016) as Tom Brand /Mr. Fuzzypants, Baby Driver (2017) as Doc, and House of Cards (2013–2017) as Francis “Frank” Underwood
As a Singer
He has performed numerous songs in the film Beyond the Sea (2004) like “Beyond the Sea”, “18 Yellow Roses”, “Dream Lover”, “That’s All”, “Change”, “The Curtain Falls”, and “As Long as I’m Singing”.
In 1986, he made his theatrical film debut in the comedy-drama film, Heartburn, as the Subway Thief.
In 1998, he made his theatrical film debut as a voice actor in the animated adventure comedy film, A Bug’s Life, as Hopper.
First TV Show
In 1987, he made his first TV show appearance in the action crime drama series, The Equalizer, as Detective Sgt. Cole.
In 2001, he made his TV show debut as a voice artist by providing his vocals to the historical documentary series, American Experience.
Kevin Spacey works out regularly. At one point, he was trained by Michael Torchia who put him on weight training exercise in the morning and cardio workout at night. Kevin was put under similar workout training as follows –
- Monday – The morning weight training session included various exercises for abs, biceps, and triceps.
- Tuesday – Numerous dedicated weight training exercises for abs, chest, and shoulders
- Wednesday – Rest day
- Thursday – The morning weight training included working on abs and legs
- Friday – Abs and back workout
The evening cardio session started with 4 minutes of warm-up followed by a series of 1-minute sprint and 2 minutes of jogging done repetitively 5 times.
Kevin Spacey Facts
- At 4, his family relocated to southern California.
- When he was a child, he burned down his sister’s tree house, which prompted his parents to send him to Northridge (CA) Military Academy.
- Later, he got expelled from Northridge (CA) Military Academy for hurting his classmate by throwing a tire at him.
- While at Chatsworth High School, he played the role of Captain Georg von Trapp in his school’s production of The Sound of Music.
- While he was studying at the Juilliard School, he worked in the school’s admin office to pay his bills.
- He has worked as a shoe salesman and as a superintendent in his apartment building.
- He is renowned for playing intelligent and sadistic on-screen characters.
- In 1998, he earned 225 pounds per week at the Almeida Theatre in London for appearing in “The Iceman Cometh” show.
- Empire (UK) magazine, in October 1997, ranked him #56 in their list of ‘Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time’.
- Empire magazine voted him the greatest actor of the decade in May 1999.
- His characters John Doe from Se7en (1995) and Roger “Verbal” Kint from The Usual Suspects (1995) reached #10 and #5 respectively in Total Film’s (U.K) ’10 Greatest Villains of All Time’ poll in February 2001.
- In 1998, he was included in Entertainment Weekly‘s 25 Best Actors.
- In 1996, he became The Daily Show’s first Academy Award winner to appear on the show.
- He supports the U.S. Democratic Party.
- According to American Film Institute’s compilation of the 100 years of The Greatest Screen Heroes and Villains, Kevin’s character as Verbal Kint from The Usual Suspects (1995) was ranked at #48 on the villain list.
- He considers Spencer Tracy, Henry Fonda, James Stewart, Jack Lemmon, Al Pacino, and Jason Robards as his idols.
- His mother, Kathleen Fowler, suffered from a brain tumor and died in 2003.
- Premiere magazine ranked him #100 for his performance as Verbal Kint in The Usual Suspects (1995) on its list of ‘100 Greatest Movie Characters of All Time’.
- He shaved his head to play the villain in films Se7en (1995) and Superman Returns (2006).
- He watched several performances of Michael Bublé while preparing for his role of Bobby Darin in Beyond the Sea (2004).
- Kevin is a fan of professional wrestling.
- In 2008, he was ranked #10 on Telegraph‘s list of “the 100 most powerful people in British culture”.
- Kevin bought the Oscar trophy won by George Stoll for Anchors Aweigh (1945) at the Butterfields L.A. auction on September 10, 2001, for $157,000 and returned it to the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
- In 1999, GQ magazine voted Kevin as the ‘Man of the Year in Theater’.
- He considers his role as Mel Profitt on Wiseguy (1987) as his “breakthrough role”.
- On October 5, 1999, he received a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- In 2010, he received the honorary CBE (Commander of the Order of the British Empire) for his services to drama in the Queen’s Birthday Honours List.
- In 2015, he received the honorary Knight Bachelor of the Order of the British Empire for his service as the artistic director of the Old Vic Theatre in London, England in the Queen’s Birthday Honours List.
- He has worked with Alec Baldwin in many films including Working Girl (1988), Glengarry Glen Ross (1992), Looking for Richard (1996), and The Boss Baby (2017).
- In 1981, he made his first professional appearance on stage as a spear carrier in Henry VI, Part 1 at the New York Shakespeare Festival.
- In March 2011, he participated in a street protest against Lukashenko’s regime along with Jude Law.
- He is renowned for making successful impressions of many Hollywood characters.
- He shares a great relationship with President Bill Clinton.
- As a producer, he has worked in Columbus Day (2008), 21 (2008), The Sasquatch Gang (2006), Beyond the Sea (2004), The Big Kahuna (1999), and more.
- As an executive producer, he has contributed in the making of House of Cards (2013-2017), Betrayed (2016), Captain Phillips (2013), The Social Network (2010), and others.
- In 1997, he founded the TriggerStreet Production Company, which was named after an actual street he grew up in around the San Fernando Valley.
- In the United Kingdom, he started the Kevin Spacey Foundation in October 2008 with the aim to encourage youth participation in arts.
- Following his sexual misconduct allegation, the Kevin Spacey Foundation was forced to shut down in February 2018.
- Kevin has many sexual allegation charges filed against him in United States as well as the United Kingdom, some of which include sexual assaults on journalist Heather Unruh’s son, Norwegian author and former royal family member, Ari Behn, filmmaker Tony Montana, actor Roberto Cavazos, Richard Dreyfuss’ son Harry, actor Anthony Rapp, and 8 crew members of House of Cards (2013) and several others who worked at the Old Vic Theater.
- Visit his official website @ kevinspacey.com.
- Follow Kevin Spacey on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Richardc39 / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0