|Rod Stewart Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||January 10, 1945|
Rod Stewart is a British singer, songwriter, and record producer who is among the best-selling music artists of all time and was inducted into the US Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1994 and the UK Music Hall of Fame in 2006. He has also been a member of the English rock band Faces.
Roderick David Stewart
Rod, Rod the Mod, Phyllis
Highgate, London, England, United Kingdom
Los Angeles, California, United States
Rod Stewart attended Highgate Primary School and failed the eleven-plus exam. Afterward, he enrolled at William Grimshaw Secondary Modern School (later known as Fortismere School) in Muswell Hill.
Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer
- Father – Robert Joseph Stewart (December 26, 1904 – 1990) (Master Builder in Leith, Edinburgh)
- Mother – Elsie Rebecca Gilbart
- Siblings – Peggy Stewart (Older Sister), Mary Stewart (Older Sister), Robert Stewart (Older Brother), Don Stewart (Older Brother)
- Others – Robert Smith Stewart (Paternal Grandfather), Elisabeth Walker (Paternal Grandmother), Bertram Hughes Gilbart (Maternal Grandfather), Sarah Rebecca Bryan Martin (Maternal Grandmother)
Rod Stewart has been signed with –
- Stiefel Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Woodland Hills, California, United States
- MBC PR, Public Relations Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
Rock, Pop, Blue-eyed Soul, Blues Rock, Folk Rock, Soft Rock, Disco
Mercury Records, Warner Bros., J Records, Universal, Capitol
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth has been $300 Million.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
67 kg or 147.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rod Stewart has dated –
- Shray Mecham
- Sabrina Guinness
- Stephanie La Motta
- Bobbie Brown
- Jilly Johnson
- Dee Holland
- P. P. Arnold
- Kathy Simmonds
- Susannah Boffey (1963-1964) – They have a daughter named Sarah Thubron Streeter (b. November 6, 1963).
- Kim McLagan (1964-1965)
- Jennie Rylance (1965-1967)
- Vicki Hodge (1970-1971)
- Jo Jo Laine (1970-1972)
- Dee Harrington (1971-1975)
- Britt Ekland (1975-1977)
- Carole Mallory (1977-1978)
- Marcy Hanson (1977)
- Liz Treadwell (1977)
- Bebe Buell (1977-1979)
- Queenie (1978-1979)
- Joanna Lumley (1978)
- Sabel Starr (1978)
- Cyrinda Foxe (1978)
- Susan George (1978)
- Alana Stewart (1978-1984) – Rod started dating Alana Stewart in 1978 and they married in 1979. They have 2 children – daughter Kimberly Stewart (b. August 20, 1979) and son Sean Stewart (b. September 1, 1980). The couple divorced in 1984.
- Kelly Emberg (1983-1990) – They have a daughter named Ruby Stewart (b. June 17, 1987).
- Michelle Johnson (1984)
- Kelly LeBrock (1985)
- Luciana Gimenez (1989)
- Helen Fairbrother (1990)
- Teri Copley (1990)
- Rachel Hunter (1990-1999) – He met New Zealand model and actor Rachel Hunter in a Los Angeles nightclub in 1990. She was 21 years old at the time and the duo has an age difference of 24 years, Rod being the older one. On December 15, 1990, they married at the Beverly Hills Presbyterian Church in Beverly Hills, California. They have a daughter named Renee Stewart (b. June 1, 1992) and a son named Liam McAlister Stewart (b. September 4, 1994). The couple separated in January 1999 and the divorce was finalized on November 2, 2006.
- Kimberley Conrad (1999)
- Caprice Bourret (1999-2000)
- Tracy Tweed (1999)
- Vicky-lee Valentino (1999)
- Angelica Bridges (1999)
- Penny Lancaster (1999-Present) – He started dating model Penny Lancaster-Stewart in 1999 and they married on June 16, 2007, at La Cervara near Portofino, Italy. They have 2 sons – Alastair Wallace Stewart (b. November 27, 2005) and Aiden Patrick Stewart (b. February 16, 2011).
- Robbie Mantooth (2000)
Race / Ethnicity
Rod Stewart is of Scottish descent on his father’s side and has English roots on his maternal side.
- Raspy Voice
- Rooster style haircut
Rod Stewart Favorite Things
- One Of His All-time Favorite Songwriters – Tom Waits
- Chocolate – Cadbury Fruit & Nut
Source – IMDb, UsMagazine.com
Rod Stewart Facts
- The first song he learned was the folk tune It Takes a Worried Man to Sing a Worried Song and the first record he bought was Eddie Cochran’s C’mon Everybody.
- He grew up as the most talented footballer in the family and initially wanted to become a professional footballer.
- On October 11, 2005, Rod Stewart was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Recording at 6801 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, Los Angeles.
- For “services to music and charity”, he was knighted in the 2016 Birthday Honours.
- Rod suffers from cold feet.
- Rod washes his hair every 3 days.
- When he gets the haircut, his hairdresser literally uses the ruler to get the correct hair length.
- He is a World War II buff and a CNN junkie.
- Rod takes a stress test annually.
- Rod laughed the hardest while watching the movie Mr. Hulot’s Holiday (1953).
- He prefers to record in his own house for comfort purposes.
- Previously, his favorite recording studios used to be the ones that were near pubs.
- At age 7, he had his tonsils out.
- Rod has written the anthem for Celtic Football Club.
- He had great luck with ladies in his youth.
- He himself is a big fan of the Celtics.
- His dad was a Scottish football supporter.
- Before hitting the stage, he has the habit of riding a stationary bike for some time.
- Once his airplane was hit by a goose after it had taken off from Switzerland. He and his manager managed to save their life.
- For him, the most important holiday is Father’s Day and not Christmas.
- He is a recipient of the Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (CBE).
- He has created the Couch Game wherein the kids lean back as much as they can until the couch falls over.
- His son Liam plays professional hockey.
- The song Do Ya Think I’m Sexy? is not about him. But, it is about a man meeting a girl in the club.
- In March 2023, Rod canceled a show in Australia at the last minute and later revealed that he was suffering from a viral infection.
- In April 2023, Rod got a tattoo of the Glasgow Celtics Scottish FC team logo on his arm.
Featured Image by Helge Øverås / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0