|Joanna Lumley Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||May 1, 1946|
Joanna Lumley is an English actress, comedian, author, former model, TV producer, and activist, who is better known for her role as Patsy Stone in the BBC’s Absolutely Fabulous (1992-2012). As an actress, she has compiled plenty of awards including the BAFTA TV Award for her “Patsy Stone” portrayal and a nomination for the 2011 Tony Award for “Best Featured Actress in a Play” for the Broadway revival of La Bête.
Joanna Lamond Lumley
Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir, British India
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Penpont, Dumfriesshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
She attended Mickledene School in Rolvended. Lumley also attended The Convent of Our Lady School in St. Leonards-on-Sea, Sussex, and later went to the Lucie Clayton Finishing School after she was turned down by the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art.
Actress, Former Model, Comedian, Author, Activist, TV Producer
- Father – James Rutherford Lumley
- Mother – Thyra Beatrice Rose
- Others – Charles Chester Lumley (Paternal Grandfather), Ella Marian Lamond Young (Paternal Grandmother), James Leslie Rose Weir (Maternal Grandfather), Thyra Laetitia Alexandra Sommers (Maternal Grandmother)
She self-manages herself.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Joanna Lumley has dated –
- Michael Claydon – She was in a relationship with a photographer named Michael Claydon, with whom she has a son named James(b. 1967). Lumley’s son has 2 daughters.
- Jeremy Lloyd (1970) – Joanna Lumley got married to actor Jeremy Lloyd in 1970 but their short romance ended with a no-fault divorce just after a few months after they tied the knot.
- Rod Stewart (1978)
- Stephen Barlow (1986-Present) – Joanna Lumley is married to conductor Stephen Barlow. The couple resides in a house near the village of Penpont, Dumfriesshire, Scotland.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Scottish, English, Northern Irish, and Danish ancestry.
She had done commercials and endorsements for brands and companies such as –
- Thorntons Chocolate
- Astral Moisturizer
- Jordan’s Country Crisp
- Privilege Insurance
- Tiscali Broadband
- Boundary Mill Stores
- Müller Vitality Yogurt
- Viking River Cruises
- Mellow Birds Instant Coffee
Joanna Lumley Facts
- She spent three years as a photographic model.
- Joanna did not receive any formal training at the drama school. She started acting in 1969 in a small, uncredited role in the film Some Girls Do and as Bond girl in On Her Majesty’s Secret Service wherein she only had 2 lines.
- In 1973, she had one big-screen appearance as Jessica Van Helsing in The Satanic Rites of Dracula, which turned out to be the last Hammar Dracula film to cast Christopher Lee.
- In 1976, she landed on her first major role as Purdey in The New Avengers, a remake of the secret agent series, The Avengers.
- She has one of the most recognized voices in the UK.
- Lumley was the voice behind the Simple skincare commercial where robotic arms sprayed and perfumed a pristine white lily.
- In 2005, she published her autobiography titled No Room for Secrets. It was serialized by The Times, a London-based newspaper where she was once a regular contributor.
- In 2013, she became a patron of CHANCE for Nepal, a UK-registered charity founded in 2007. CHANCE stands for “Children’s Health and Nutrition, Care, and Education”.
- In February 2013, she was hailed as one of the 100 most powerful women in the United Kingdom by BBC Radio 4’s Woman’s Hour.
Featured Image by National Churches Trust / Flickr / CC BY 2.0