|Satish Kaushik Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||April 13, 1956|
|Date of Death||March 9, 2023|
Satish Kaushik was an Indian director, producer, actor, writer, comedian, and theatre artist whose career started by working as an assistant director to Shekhar Kapoor in the 1983 film Masoom, an adaptation of the 1980 novel Man, Woman and Child by Erich Segal. As an actor, he had been a part of movies like Mr. India, Ram Lakhan, Udta Punjab, Taqdeer Ka Tamasha, Prem Pratigyaa, Saajan Chale Sasural, Bade Miyan Chote Miyan, Mr. and Mrs. Khiladi, Dil Ke Jharoke Main, Haseena Maan Jaayegi, Atithi Tum Kab Jaoge?, Aabra Ka Daabra, Hum Aapke Dil Mein Rehte Hain, Brick Lane, Pardesi Babu, Hamara Dil Aapke Paas Hai, Kyo Kii… Main Jhuth Nahin Bolta, Baaghi 3, Judgementall Hai Kya, and Chhoriyan Chhoron Se Kam Nahi Hoti. Moreover, he also wrote dialogues for Kundan Shah’s comedy classic Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron.
Satish was born on April 13, 1956.
Satish died at the age of 66, on March 9, 2023, due to a heart attack that he suffered while in the car in Delhi-NCR. He was in transit to see someone in Gurugram and suddenly his health worsened and got an attack. He was immediately taken to Fortis Hospital, Gurugram.
In one report, it was told that he was feeling uneasy at a farmhouse in Delhi and immediately asked his driver to take him to the hospital, and while on his way, he got a heart attack.
Mahendragarh, Haryana, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Satish Kaushik attended Kirori Mal College, a constituent college of the University of Delhi.
He is also a National School of Drama graduate.
Director, Producer, Actor, Theatre Artist, Writer, Comedian
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
95 kg or 209.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Satish Kaushik had dated –
- Shashi Kaushik (1985-2023) – He married Shashi Kaushik in the year 1985 and their first child, a son named Shanu Kaushik, passed away at a young age in the 1990s. Many years later, the couple became parents to their daughter Vanshika Kaushik who was born in 2012 via IVF. The relationship ended in March 2023, with the sudden death of Satish Kaushik.
Race / Ethnicity
Satish Kaushik Facts
- In 1987, he appeared as Calendar in the Hindi-language superhero film, Mr. India, starring Anil Kapoor, Sridevi, and Amrish Puri.
- As a theatre artist, Satish Kaushik’s credits included playing the character of Willy Loman in the Hindi-language play, Salesman Ramlal, an adaptation of Arthur Miller’s Death of a Salesman.
- For his work in movies Ram Lakhan and Saajan Chale Sasural, Satish Kaushik won the Filmfare “Best Comedian Award” twice – in 1990 and 1997, respectively.
- He had been a member of the International Film And Television Club of the Asian Academy Of Film And Television.
- Kaushik co-starred as Chanu Ahmed, a middle-aged educated man living in London, in the 2007 British drama film titled Brick Lane.
- In March 2021, Satish Kaushik tested positive for COVID-19 and his daughter also tested positive. Later, he thanked his friends Anupam Kher, Anil Kapoor, Shabana Azmi, Javed Akhtar, and Jayantilal Gada who helped him during this rough phase of his life.
- It was revealed via Neena Gupta‘s autobiography Sach Kahun Toh that Satish Kaushik offered to marry Neena when she got pregnant with her daughter Masaba Gupta after her romantic association with Sir Viv Richards.
- His dear friend Anupam Kher had announced his death in March 2023.
- On August 9, 1979, Satish had come to Mumbai for the first time for finding work and settling down via the Paschim Express train. He had shared this information in 2020 on his social media.
- When Satish was heading to the hospital in his car with his manager Santosh Rai, his last words were, “Santosh, please save me, I don’t want to die. I want to live for my daughter Vanshika. I think I will not survive…”
- A couple of days later, the second wife named Saanvi Malu of the businessman (Kuber Group director) Vikas Malu accused her husband of killing Satish Kaushik. She revealed Vikas owed INR 15 crore to Kaushik, for which Mr. Kaushik had come to Delhi NCR to get that money back. Previously also, they had an argument over money as per Vikas’s wife.
- Saanvi further alleged that her husband Vikas had alleged that he would use blue pills and Russian girls to finish Satish Kaushik. Satish’s wife Shashi had also dismissed these allegations.
Featured Image by Filmi Tadka / filmitadka.in / CC BY-SA 3.0