|Masaba Gupta Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||November 2, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Masaba Gupta is a well-distinguished Indian fashion designer and founder of House of Masaba who is perhaps best known for the unique and creative names that she comes up with for her fashion lines. Her collections are made from either silk, chiffon, and cotton along with rich embroidery work. On the contrary, she also has a huge fan base with more than 1 million followers on Instagram, more than 1.5 million followers on Twitter, and more than 100k followers on Facebook.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
After completing her high school, she studied at the Shreemati Nathibai Damodar Thackersey Women’s University in 2009.
She also attended the Narsee Monjee Educational Trust.
- Father – Sir Isaac Vivian Alexander Richards (Former Cricketer)
- Mother – Neena Gupta (Actress)
- Others – Mali Alexander Richards (Older Half-Brother) (Cricketer), Matara Richards (Older Half-Brother), Malcolm Richards (Paternal Grandfather), Gretel Richards (Paternal Grandmother), R.N.Gupta (Maternal Grandfather)
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Masaba has dated –
- Madhu Mantena (2015-2018) – Despite having filed for trial separation in 2018, the two have stayed good friends and Masaba has also stood up in support of Madhu every time he has been accused of cheating on her.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Asian and Black)
She has Antiguan ancestry on her father’s side and Indian ancestry on her mother’s side.
- Curly hair
- Plush lips
- Almond-shaped eyes
Through her social media, Masaba has either endorsed or promoted various brands including Olay.
Masaba Gupta Favorite Things
- Spot – Soho, London
Source – Facebook
Masaba Gupta Facts
- She was brought up in Mumbai by her mother Meena single-handedly.
- Growing up, Masaba was bombarded with racist comments from her fellow school students.
- Masaba was born as a result of a short fling between her mother Neena and biological father Sir Viv Richard. The two never wed one another.
- She had wanted to be a professional tennis player when she was 8 years old. However, it fell through by the time she was 16 years of age.
- Masaba had always been passionate about dance and music and also went on to take up a course for it in London despite her mother being against her decision. Nevertheless, she gave up her training as a result of being homesick.
- She was very close to paternal grandfather, Malcolm Richards.
- Masaba founded her own fashion brand House of Masaba in July 2009.
- From December 2012 to December 2014, Masaba worked as the fashion director for Satya Paul in Delhi.
- It was Wendell Rodricks who helped Masaba find her place at the Lakme Fashion Week. She was 19 years old at the time.
- It was not until she was 20 years old that she reunited with her father.
- The first fashion collection that Masaba launched was titled Kattran (In English It Means Miniature Bits Of Fabric).
- She was listed in Forbes India‘s “30 Under 30” list in February 2017.
- In May 2018, Masaba was placed on Culture Trip’s list of “The 10 Indian Fashion Designers You Should Know.”
- As of 2019, sources revealed that Masaba had invested more than a million dollars into the upbringing of her business.
Featured Image By Bollywood Hungama / Wikimedia / CC BY 3.0