|Harvey Fierstein Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||June 6, 1954|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Harvey Fierstein is an American actor and playwright known for his work in the play Torch Song Trilogy and Hairspray. Aside from that, some of his prominent film credits include Mrs. Doubtfire and Independence Day.
Harvey Forbes Fierstein
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
Harvey attended The High School of Art and Design from 1965–1969.
In 1969, he enrolled at Pratt Institute, from where he graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in 1973.
- Father – Irving Fierstein (Handkerchief Manufacturer)
- Mother – Jacqueline Harriet Gilbert (School Librarian)
- Siblings – Ronald K. Fierstein (Brother)
Harvey is represented by Creative Artists Agency and Innovative Artists.
Harvey Forbes Fierstein’s net worth was $4 Million according to Celebrity Net Worth.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
107 kg or 236 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Harvey has dated –
- Ted Casablanca (1987-1992)
Race / Ethnicity
Harvey has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.
Salt and Pepper
- He sports a beard.
- Gruff yet smooth voice
Harvey Fierstein Facts
- He was brought up in Conservative Judaism. However, as an adult, Harvey chose to become an atheist.
- Harvey’s last name is pronounced as “fire-steen”.
- During his younger years, Harvey was a soprano in a professional boys’ choir.
- Shortly after completing his studies, Harvey began working as one of the founding members of The Gallery Players of Park Slope.
- He has many pet dogs named Lola, Davis, and Charlie.
- Some of Harvey’s most notably known work as a voice actor was that of the character Yao in Mulan and Mulan II.
- In 1994, he became the first gay actor to portray an openly gay character in the sitcom Daddy’s Girls.
- Harvey’s gravelly voice is due to a vestibular fold in his vocal cords that has overdeveloped with time.
- He and actor and director Danny DeVito are close friends.
- On April 11, 2016, Harvey was awarded a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for Live Theatre at 6243 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood, California.
- One of the earliest posts that Harvey uploaded to his Instagram account was on October 20, 2016.
- As an actor, he made his professional debut in the play Torch Song Trilogy in 1982.
- From the start of his acting career till September 2021, Harvey had been nominated for 7 Tony Awards of which he won 4.
Featured Image By Harvey Fierstein / Instagram