|Brett Lee Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||November 8, 1976|
Brett Lee is an Australian former cricketer, bowling coach, cricket commentator, author, guitarist, singer, songwriter, entrepreneur, and actor. He is best known for his career as a cricketer and played in all 3 formats of the game, primarily for Australia’s national cricket team and for the New South Wales team domestically between 1997 and 2011. Brett was widely recognized as one of the fastest bowlers in the world with his fastest delivery hitting the speed of 161.1 kilometers per hour or 100.1 miles per hour.
Binga, Oswald, Bing
Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia
Brett attended Balarang Public School in Shellharbour, New South Wales, Australia.
He then enrolled in Oak Flats High School in Shellharbour, New South Wales, Australia.
Former Cricketer, Bowling Coach, Cricket Commentator, Author, Entrepreneur, Actor, Guitarist, Singer, Songwriter
- Father – Bob Lee (Metallurgist)
- Mother – Helen (née Buxton) Lee (Piano Teacher)
- Siblings – Shane Lee (Older Brother) (Cricketer, Entrepreneur), Grant Lee (Younger Brother) (Amateur Cricketer, Accountant)
Brett Lee is represented by RCKT Co. (Talent Agent) in Manly, New South Wales, Australia.
58 – New South Wales, Kings XI Punjab, Wellington, Sydney Sixers, Otago, Kolkata Knight Riders
Vocals, Guitar, Bass Guitar
The Orchard Music/Jet Content Boutique Private Ltd.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
83 kg or 183 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Brett Lee has dated –
- Tara Moss (2001)
- Delta Goodrem (2002) – Rumor
- Tziporah Malkah (2002-2003)
- Valeska Muller (2003)
- Elizabeth “Liz” Kemp (2004-2008) – In 2004, he began dating Elizabeth Kemp, a Sydney-based podiatrist. They got married on June 3, 2006, but announced their divorce on June 1, 2008, which was finalized in 2009. They have 1 child together, a son Preston Charles (b. November 16, 2006). Preston fell when he was 5 years old, fractured a small part of his skull, and suffered hearing loss in one ear. In response, Brett endorsed a hearing aid brand Cochlear and brought awareness to the importance of Universal Newborn Hearing Screening.
- Preity Zinta (2009)
- Lana Anderson (2013-Present) – A year after they began dating, he married Lana on March 30, 2014. They have 2 children, a daughter named Helena who was born in 2016, and a son born in June 2019, whose name he decided to keep private.
Race / Ethnicity
He has also dyed his hair ‘Blonde’ in the past.
Brett Lee has endorsed brands such as Cochlear, Pedigree, F45 India, and Pearls Group.
Besides founding a charitable organization Mewsic Foundation in 2007, Brett has shown support for charities and organizations such as –
- Salvation Army
- Adventist Development
- Relief Agency (ADRA)
- Make a Wish Foundation
Brett Lee Favorite Things
- Childhood Cricket Idols – Allan Donald, Dennis Lillee
Source – Wikipedia
Brett Lee Facts
- He is in love with Indian culture. He had written a song You’re the One for Me during the 2006 ICC Champions Trophy in India and released it in 2007 as a duet with a Bollywood singer Asha Bhosle.
- Brett served as a bowling coach for Sri Lanka and Ireland in the past.
- He was the 1st player to take a hat-trick in Twenty20 International cricket.
- Brett founded a clothing brand, Six & Out, with his older brother Shane Lee, and 3 other first-class cricketers – Brad McNamara, Richard Chee Quee, and Gavin Robertson. The name of the brand is identical to the name of their rock band and to the name of their debut studio album, released on November 13, 2000.
- On his 55th match, he reached a milestone of taking 100 wickets, thus becoming the 2nd fastest Australian ODI player to do so, right after Mitchell Starc. On the world list, he is the 5th player to achieve this.
- He co-wrote an autobiography My Life with the help of an author James Knight and published it in November 2011.
- As an actor, he made his film debut in the role of Will in the comedy, drama, romance UNindian (2015).
- There was a rumor that he and his wife Lana converted to Hinduism in 2017, which was proven as a hoax.
- In 2019, he appeared on the singing reality-TV show, The Masked Singer Australia, under the disguise of Parrot.
- Brett shares a close friendship with English cricketer Andrew Flintoff and Pakistani cricketer Shoaib Akhtar.
- Politically, he is right-wing.
Featured Image by Ben Sutherland / Flickr / CC BY-2.0