|Mollie King Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||June 4, 1987|
Mollie King is an English singer, television and radio presenter, dancer, and model who is known as a member of the girl group The Saturdays. Formed in 2007, The Saturdays has released multiple albums and tracks like Chasing Lights, On Your Radar, Living for the Weekend, If This Is Love, Wordshaker, Ego, Up, Notorious, Just Can’t Get Enough, Issues, Work, Missing You, Forever Is Over, Higher (ft. Flo Rida), My Heart Takes Over, 30 Days, All Fired Up, What About Us (ft. Sean Paul), Not Giving Up, Gentleman, What Are You Waiting For?, and Disco Love. The group went on a hiatus in 2014 and Mollie King signed a solo deal with Island Records in 2015.
Mollie Elizabeth King
Wandsworth, London, England, United Kingdom
She is based in London, England, United Kingdom.
Mollie King went to the Surbiton High School in Kingston-upon-Thames, London. She completed her school education with three A’s in her A-level exams, in Business, Psychology, and Economics.
In school, she also excelled in sports.
Singer, Songwriter, Dancer, Model, Radio Presenter
- Father – Stephen King
- Mother – Susan King (née Wykes)
- Siblings – Ellen King (Older Sister), Laura Ann King (Older Sister)
- Mollie King has been represented by Fascination Management.
- She also had a representation deal with Next Model Management in 2013.
Pop, dance, electropop
Vocals and guitar
Polydor, Fascination, Island Records
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
51 kg or 112.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Mollie King has dated –
- Andy Brown (2010-2011) – Mollie officially started dating the musician and the lead vocalist of English pop band Lawson, Andy Brown in January 2010. However, they were reported to have been dating for around two years by the time they made their relationship public. The couple didn’t survive long under the spotlight as they decided to go their separate ways in February 2011. In his later interview, Brown alleged that she had outgrown him (due to her fame) and seemed to have gotten bored of him. Meanwhile, he used his broken heart to pen singles – When She Was Mine and Standing in the Dark.
- David Gandy (2011-2012 and 2014-2016) – Mollie started going out with model David Gandy in April 2011. However, their relationship lasted merely 10 months as they broke up in February 2012. He revealed that he was too focused on his career to have a stable relationship. He also revealed his obsession for perfection proved to be their undoing. They got back together again in the autumn of 2014. However, their relationship didn’t last long the second time around as well. At the start of January, the rumors of their breakup started swirling around after he was pictured with an unidentified woman. Their breakup was officially confirmed by the end of the month. It was reported that Mollie was pushing him to settle down and commit to their relationship, which David clearly wasn’t prepared to do.
- Prince Harry (2012) – In April 2012, the leading English tabloids reported that Mollie was going out with Prince Harry. They had been set up by his cousin Zara Phillips, who knew Mollie through her bandmate Una Headley. They had decided to keep their relationship a secret in order to escape media scrutiny, which they believed wouldn’t give their relationship enough room to thrive. However, it didn’t work out for them in the end.
- Stuart Broad (2012-Present) – Mollie was rumored to be going out with cricketer Stuart Broad in July 2012. It was reported that they had first started following each other on Twitter and later started interacting through private messages. After months of speculation about their relationship, they finally went on an official date in December as he took her to the Austrian-themed restaurant, Bodo’s Schloss, in Kensington, London. On January 1, 2021, he proposed to her and the duo got engaged. Moreover, they were expecting their 1st child together in July 2022.
- Jordan Omley (2013-2014) – King started going out with the American music producer Jordan Omley in the early months of 2013. They had reportedly first met while working on her band The Saturdays’ music album. In June 2013, it was reported that he had even met her family. However, it wasn’t meant to be as by the autumn of 2014, she had gotten back together with her former boyfriend David Gandy.
Race / Ethnicity
Mollie King is of English descent.
- Gray eyes
- Blonde locks
34-24-34 in or 86-61-86 cm
2 (US) or 34 (EU)
8.5 (US) or 6 (UK) or 39 (EU)
Individually, she has endorsed Maybelline (2015).
As a member of The Saturdays
- Impulse women’s deodorant.
- T-Mobile’s “Big Sofa Night In” campaign in London.
Best Known For
- Being a member of the popular girl band The Saturdays, who have released a series of chart-topping singles and have sold over 5 million records in Ireland and the UK
- Having appeared in a couple of TV series such as Hollyoaks Later and The King is Dead
The band The Saturdays released their debut studio album, Chasing Lights in October 2008, which went on to sell over 400,000 copies.
First TV Show
In 2005, she made her first TV show appearance on the talent hunt show, The X Factor. However, her appearance wasn’t credited.
Her first credited TV show appearance was as one of the contestants on the same TV series, The X Factor in 2005.
Mollie tries to hit the gym as much as possible. She makes sure that she is working out at least three times a week and is often assisted by her trainer David Lloyd. She also hits the Bodyism gym in London to keep her fitness levels up.
If Mollie has some free time on her hands, she likes to get on her bike or go swimming. She also loves taking her dog for long walks.
She also enjoys boxing sessions at the Stars Gym run by Mati Parks, who is a former European and British Muay Thai Champion.
She doesn’t follow any specific diet. She is also not one to watch what she eats. But overall, she makes sure to eat as healthy as possible. She has a sweet tooth and loves having some type of dessert after meals but she ensures that it is a light and small portion. Also, she makes sure that the accompanying meal is healthy and light such as a salad or fish. And, she completely refrains from drinking alcohol.
Mollie King Favorite Things
- Meal – Seabass, sweet potato, and kale
- Dessert – Something Chocolaty
- Celebrity That Left Her Starstruck – Amy Winehouse
- Chocolate Bar – Maltesers
- Perfect Face – Kate Upton
- Dinner – Roast
- Animal – Dog
- Breed of Dog – Poodle
- Best day of the Week – Saturday
- Flavor of Yogurt – Chocolate
- Fruit – Apple
- Way to cook an egg – Scrambled
- Lipstick Tones – Bright pinks and orange-toned reds
Mollie King Facts
- While growing up and in her teens, she was very much into skiing. At the age of 12, she raced in the skiing team for Great Britain. Then, at age 15, she was asked to join the adult squad.
- While she was making steady progress in skiing, she was already in love with singing. However, as a 17-year-old, she decided to take a big risk and quit professional skiing to focus on her music.
- Before she found fame as a member of The Saturdays, she was a member of the music group known as Fallen Angelz. She even auditioned for The X Factor with her group.
- While growing up, she was diagnosed with dyslexia. But she still managed to do well in academics.
- She, along with her fellow The Saturdays band members, recorded a single in support of the Comic Relief Charity in 2009.
- As a member of The Saturdays, she has done activism work for the Marie Curie Cancer Care.
- The Saturdays released its 4th studio album titled Living for the Weekend in 2013 and it includes tracks like What About Us (ft. Sean Paul), Anywhere with You, Disco Love, 30 Days, Leave a Light On, and Don’t Let Me Dance Alone. The album peaked at number #10 on the UK Albums (OCC) chart and at number #25 on the US Top Heatseekers (Billboard) chart.
- In September 2013, she designed an exclusive collection of shoes, which was sold to benefit the UK charity Save The Children.
- In 2013, she partnered with Oasis Stores to create an exclusive range of products under the label ‘Loved by Mollie.’
- She is a huge fan of American singer and dancer Britney Spears and has created Spears as one of her influences.
- Her worst subject in school was Physics.
- She has a dog named Alfie.
- In 2017, she appeared as a contestant on the 15th season of the dance competition series Strictly Come Dancing. She was partnered with AJ Pritchard and was eliminated from the show’s semi-final in December 2017.
Featured Image by Rosieecr / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0