|KSI (Olajide Olatunji) Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||June 19, 1993|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
KSI is an English YouTuber, internet personality, singer, musician, video game commentator, entertainer, rapper, actor, comedian, and professional boxer who is the founder of the streetwear clothing brand BEAST Worldwide. He has emerged as one of the most successful online personalities of his time and was ranked 2nd by The Sunday Times in its list of the top 100 UK influencers. He has also been a member of the YouTube collective named Sidemen as well as branched out as a musician, releasing albums, extended plays, and songs like Dissimulation, Jump Around, Keep Up, Friends with Benefits (with MNDM), Jump Around (ft. Waka Flocka Flame), Really Love (ft. Craig David and Digital Farm Animals), Poppin (ft. Lil Pump and Smokepurpp), Lamborghini (ft. P Money), and Don’t Play (with Anne-Marie and Digital Farm Animals).
Olajide Olayinka Williams Olatunji
JJ, KSI, The Nightmare
Watford, Hertfordshire, Southern England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
He studied in a private institution in Hertfordshire called Berkhamsted School. Within the next couple of years, he became so engrossed in promoting his persona on the internet that he failed his A-Levels equivalent to grade 12 exams.
His parents were extremely unhappy with his disinterest in conventional education and asked him to enroll in the two-year International Baccalaureate Diploma Program which is another route to qualify for a college education.
After a year of convincing his parents and teachers that classroom education was not for him and that he was doing exceedingly well on YouTube, JJ finally dropped out in the 2nd year to work full time on his gaming channel on YouTube.
Internet Personality, Video Game Commentator, YouTuber, Entertainer, Singer, Musician, Rapper, Actor, Comedian, Professional Boxer, Founder of Street Wear Clothing brand BEAST Worldwide
- Father – Olajide Olatunji Sr aka Jide
- Mother – Yinka Olatunji
- Siblings – Deji Olatunji aka Comedy Shorts Gamer (Younger Brother) (YouTuber, Entertainer)
KSI has been signed with –
- OP Talent Management acquired by Endemol Shine Group
- Stuart Jones, Upload Agency, United Kingdom
Music – British Hip-Hop, Grime
YouTube – Entertainment, Association Football, Comedy, Gaming, Music
- Island Records
- Dcypha Productions
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
KSI has dated –
- Seana Cuthbert (2012–2014) – When JJ hit the peak of his YouTube content creation, his girlfriend Seana was frequently featured in some of his videos and the two frequently mentioned each other in their social media posts. After about 2 years of dating, KSI confessed in a ‘Googling Myself’ video that he was not dating Seana anymore but they parted ways on a friendly note.
- Lois Sharpie (2017) – In July 2017, he started going out with Lois Sharpie but their relationship soon fell apart and they parted ways after only a few months in November 2017.
- Nia Pickering (2018-2019) – KSI began dating social media personality, YouTuber, and content creator Nia Pickering in 2018. However, they broke up the following year.
Race / Ethnicity
He has African American and Nigerian ancestry.
- Big, wide nose
- Shows a range of comical expressions
- A loud, shrill laugh
- KSI has reviewed and promoted countless video games on his gaming channel KSIolajidebt.
- He is closely associated with London-based YouTube sports channel Rule’M Sports and collaborates with several other influencers and celebrities to put together promotional videos.
- He refuses 80% of the endorsement ideas offered to him to implement on his YouTube channels. However, KFC is one popular brand he does not mind endorsing because he loves chicken.
- Most brands have stealth placement in JJ’s vlogs and sketches with the most obvious endorsement reserved for his streetwear line Beast Worldwide and his music videos.
He is Agnostic, although his parents follow Christianity.
Best Known For
His prank videos and recorded play of FIFA video game accompanied by his commentary in the background that matches his game.
As a Singer
- Lamborghini (2015) featuring P Money was his first single that peaked at #30 on the UK singles chart and #7 on the UK R&B chart.
- An EP titled Keep Up (2016) with 5 tracks was his first album.
He made his theatrical film debut as Duncan in a direct-to-video comedy Laid in America (September 2016) that featured several other popular YouTubers including his younger brother, Deji.
First TV Show
KSI was cast as Matt Clark in the five-episode TV series called 5 Aside (2014).
- JJ was featured in Rugby player James Haskell’s workout videos to demonstrate elements of strength training and promote his channel.
- He developed a feud with fellow YouTuber, Joe Weller and to take their rivalry to the next level for public entertainment, both of them were signed to fight an actual boxing match in February 2018.
- That deal made KSI take fitness seriously and alongside fundamental strength training exercises, his daily regimen switched to a lot of boxing and sparring sessions in 2017.
- His dietary habits are not known but he eats wholesome meals at some of the best eating joints in London. He dislikes the fancy restaurants that serve meager portions of food.
KSI Favorite Things
- Gaming Console – PlayStation 4 (stated in 2015)
- Rapper – Drake
- Non Alcoholic Drink – Red Bull
- Food Combination – Cheese, Grapes, and Crackers
- Burger – McDonald’s
- Chicken Wings – Nando’s
- Football Team – Arsenal FC
- KSI could not start a YouTube channel simply using his first name, Olajide because that username was already taken. Hence, he added a pre-fix KSI inspired by a Halo gaming clan. It refers to Knowledge, Strength, and Integrity. He added a suffix BT to his username which stands for British Telecom.
- He made his first-ever YouTube video in 2008 (at the age of 15) as a part of a school project.
- JJ started the channel responsible for his current income stream in July 2009 that has gained billions of views.
- He is listed in the Guinness Book of World Records Gamer’s Edition for the highest number of FIFA video game goals scored against a computer which were 190 in total set in February 2013.
- He purchased his first car at the age of 19 which was a Tron-themed purple Lamborghini Aventador.
- JJ purchased his parents’ old home from them and rented it out for additional income. He gifted them a brand new home as payback for years of hard work, they put in to raise him. In fact, he even made his father retire prematurely from his job.
- His longest gaming session was playing FIFA for 32 hours straight without a break.
- JJ is a published author and released a book titled, KSI: I Am A Bellend (2015) in the UK and KSI: I Am A Tool (2015) in the USA, which discusses some of the mistakes he made while becoming a bigger name as an Influencer and also offers some tips to follow his footsteps.
- He says it does not matter how saturated the social media space becomes, gaining a large following depends upon having a memorable personality.
- He is particularly known for his crude, sexual humor such as making a ‘rape face’ that is often perceived as sexist behavior by some people. Microsoft cut ties with him for the same reason and it also led to his life ban from the Eurogamer Expo.
- With his friend Simon, JJ went on to create a gaming group called Sidemen in 2013 which was a collaboration of all gaming YouTubers to gain a larger following. All the 7 Sidemen members have become big names in the gaming industry and host their own high-profile events.
- His fellow Sidemen groupmates have been Miniminter, Zerkaa, TBJZL, Behzinga, Vikkstar123, and W2S.
- In December 2020, he expressed his interest in a fight between Logan Paul and Floyd Mayweather (which was scheduled to happen in February 2021) that he wanted Logan Paul to win in that fight.
- In February 2021, he launched his own record label The Online Takeover.
- In February 2021, he was banned from YouTube for almost a week after uploading a video titled Try not to laugh: Indian Edition which had included an alleged instance of “child endangerment”.
- In March 2021, KSI announced that he was quitting Twitter because of the backlash that he received after being accused of using transphobic language. However, he returned to the platform after almost a week.
- In March 2021, KSI expressed his interest in the boxing match which was scheduled to happen between Jake Paul and Ben Askren on April 17, 2021. KSI wanted Ben to beat Jake in that match. However, Jake had won that match by TKO in the very first round.
- In April 2021, after Ben Askren vs Jake Paul’s fight, KSI expressed his interest to fight Jake Paul.
Featured Image by Tralsatre / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0