|Sean Paul Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||January 9, 1973|
Sean Paul Francis Henriques
Sean lives in an exclusive Norbrook housing complex in the suburbs of Kingston, Jamaica.
Sean Paul went to Wolmer’s High School for Boys. He also studied at the Belair High School.
After completion of his school studies, he got enrolled at the College of Arts, Science, and Technology, which has been renamed as the University of Technology. At the university, he had pursued a degree in commerce with an option to pursue a career in hotel management.
Rapper, singer, record producer
- Father – Garth Henriques (Played water polo and participated in the long-distance swimming competitions)
- Mother – Frances Henriques (Painter) (Was also a butterfly swimmer)
- Siblings – Jason Jigzagula Henriques (Brother)
- Others – Ronald Barrington Henriques (Paternal Grandfather) (Was a member of Jamaican first men’s national water polo team), Marjorie Teresa Corbett (Paternal Grandmother)
Sean Paul is managed by Jeremy Harding.
The Headline Entertainment serves as his publicist.
Dancehall, hip hop, reggae, ragga
VP, Atlantic, Island Records
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sean Paul has dated –
- Beyoncé (2003) – Towards the end of 2003, Sean Paul was reported to be going out with singer Beyoncé. It was rumored that they had grown close while working on her single, Baby Boy.
- Jodi Stewart (2012-Present) – Sean Paul got married to the TV presenter Jodi Stewart in a romantic and low-key ceremony in 2012. They had been dating for a long time with some reports claiming that they were together for around a decade. In August 2016, Paul revealed that his wife was pregnant with their first child. She gave birth to a son, Levi Blaze in February 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
He has German, English, Chinese, and Afro-Jamaican ancestry. On his paternal great-grandfather’s side, he has Sephardi Jewish ancestry.
- Often wears dark sunglasses
- Loves wearing shiny jewelry
Sean Paul’s music and vocal have been used in a TV commercial to promote a range of milkshakes from Hardee’s.
He was raised in a Catholic household.
However, his religious views as an adult aren’t known.
Best Known For
- The enduring popularity of his single Temperature, which was featured very high on the music charts in several countries and is considered an iconic dance jam.
- The commercial success of his studio album, Dutty Rock, which managed to sell more than 65,000 copies in the first week itself. The album also helped him win his first Grammy Award.
- Having collaborated with leading music artists such as Rihanna, Akon, Snoop Dogg, Busta Rhymes, and Beyoncé.
In 2000, Sean Paul released his debut solo studio album, Stage One, which managed to peak at the 2nd spot on the Top Reggae Albums charts.
In 1998, Paul made his theatrical film debut in the crime drama movie, Belly. However, his role in the movie wasn’t credited.
First TV Show
In 2003, Sean Paul made his first TV show appearance in the “NFL Draftees” episode of the drama TV series, Player$.
Sean Paul relies on his regular games of tennis for his workout needs. He has also made changes to his diet and lifestyle and has made a severe reduction in his alcohol consumption.
Sean is also a big fan of a juice detox. In the past, he went on a juice diet for a week and a half. In that particular diet, he had juice 5 times a day. He had green juice with lemongrass. He also had juices made from brazil nut, coconut, flaxseed, turmeric, and orange.
After he came off his detox diet, he started leaning heavily towards the vegetarian diet. Although he hasn’t completely given up meat, he tries to eat fresh and organic plant-based food as much as possible.
Sean Paul Favorite Things
- Musicians – Lieutenant Stitchie, Supercat, Bob Marley, Peter Tosh, Cat Stevens, The Beatles, Busta Rhymes
- Female Celebrities – Sofia Vergara, Eva Longoria, Alicia Keys
- Songwriter – Kurt Cobain
- Songs – The Beatles songs, Kurt Cobain songs, and Bob Marley songs
Sean Paul Facts
- When he was 14 years old, his mother got him enrolled in piano lessons. However, he went to classes for only a year.
- He was a member of the national water polo team from the age of 13 to 21. He eventually decided to give up the sport so as to focus on his music career.
- Jeremy Harding, Paul’s first manager, and record producer came to know about Paul through his brother who had heard Paul performing at an open mic event in Kingston. He told Harding that Paul sounded like dancehall DJ Super Cat.
- Paul eventually met Harding at his studio as he went looking for his advice. Harding got him to do a vocal over his rhythm track, which led to the creation of the single, Baby Girl.
- He has performed with Shaggy and other artists in a benefit concert to raise funds for Bustamante Hospital for Children. The proceeds from the event were used to buy new equipment for the hospital.
- Before he hit it big as a music artist, he worked as a bank teller and a chef in a local restaurant.
- In March 2007, he was hired to perform at the opening ceremony of the Cricket World Cup 2007.
- He was going to perform with Beyoncé at the 2004 Grammy Awards but their performance was canceled. It was rumored that Jay-Z had used his influence to torpedo their act.
- In October 2021, Sean and Sia released a new single titled Dynamite.
- Visit his official website @ allseanpaul.com.
Featured Image by The Come Up Show / Flickr / CC BY 2.0