|Damian Marley Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||July 21, 1978|
Damian Marley is a musician, singer-songwriter from Jamaica. After 2 years of his birth, he lost his father, Bob Marley. Damian, whose music is described as dancehall and reggae, has released various popular songs like Welcome to Jamrock, As We Enter, Make It Bun Dem, etc.
Damian Robert Nesta Marley
Jr. Gong, Gongzilla, Big Gongzilla, Minister of Commerce
Miami, Florida, United States
Damian studied at a Jewish private school called Jamaica: Hillel Academy. He revealed that he did apply for admission to the college. However, he decided to drop the idea and focus on his music.
Deejay, musician, rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer
- Father – Bob Marley (Singer-Songwriter)
- Mother – Cindy Breakspeare (Jazz Singer, Former Model)
- Siblings – None
- Others – Sinclair Marley (Paternal Grandfather), Cedella Booker (Paternal Grandmother), Rita Marley (Stepmother), Stephen Marley (Older Stepbrother) (Musician), Ziggy Marley (Older Stepbrother) (Musician), Ky-Mani Marley (Older Stepbrother) (Musician), Julian Marley (Older Stepbrother) (Musician), Cedella Marley (Older Stepsister) (Singer), Rohan Marley (Older Stepbrother) (Entrepreneur and Former American Football Player), Sharon Marley (Older Stepsister) (Singer), Makeda Jahnesta (Younger Stepsister), Leah Tavares-Finson (Younger Stepsister), Karen Marley (Older Stepsister), Stephanie Marley (Older Stepsister), Robert Marley (Older Stepbrother), Christian Tavares-Finson (Younger Stepsister)
Dan Dalton manages Damian Marley
- Roots reggae
- Reggae fusion
- Hip Hop
Damian is signed under the following labels
- Tuff Gong
- Ghetto Youth International
- Republic Records
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Damian has dated –
- Cristal Chaitram (2013-Present) – Damian started dating Cristal in 2013. They got married later on. The couple welcomed their son Elijah Marley on August 19, 2009.
- Lisa Bonet – Damian has hooked up with actress Lisa Bonet for a brief period.
Note – Damian also has a son named Christian Marley from an unidentified woman.
Race / Ethnicity
Damian is of African and Jamaican descent.
- Dreadlocks hairstyle
- Usually sports a rugged look
- His unkempt beard
Damian has endorsed
- House Of Marley Headphones
Although Damian’s father, reggae icon Bob Marley was baptized into the Ethiopian Orthodox Church, his father was an ardent promoter of the Rastafarian culture and values.
Like his father, Damian also supports Rastafarianism.
Best Known For
- Being the only reggae artist to win 2 Grammy awards in the Best Urban/Alternative Performance category on the same night.
- Being the son of famous Jamaican reggae artist Bob Marley.
Damian released his first studio album titled Mr. Marley on September 9, 1996, under his father’s label Tuff Gong. The album consisted of 12 tracks with a total playtime of 51 minutes and 46 seconds.
First TV Show
Damian made his television show debut on the drama series New York Undercover as himself in 1997.
Damian Marley Facts
- He revealed that he started smoking at the age of 13.
- Damian was a part of the band consisting of artists like Mick Jagger, Dave Stewart, and A. R. Rahman. Their band was formed on May 20, 2011, and was named SuperHeavy, a name which was inspired by Muhammad Ali.
- Damian’s father passed away when he was 2 years old.
- Damian forayed into the music scene at the age of 13.
- He dislikes people who are lazy.
- Visit his official website @ damianmarleymusic.com.
- Follow Damian Marley on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Debarrio.co / Flickr / CC BY 2.0
Ziggy Marley is the son of Rita Marley and Bob Marley and shares the same mother and father with Cedella and Stephen. Ziggy was born on October 17, 1968. Julian Marley was born on June 4, 1975. Rohan Marley was born on May 19, 1972. Rohan is 5’8. Julian is 5’11.