|Stephen Marley Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||April 20, 1972|
Stephen Marley is a singer known for releasing various popular singles like Rock Stone, Ghetto Boy, Options, and Cruel World. He has also won various Grammy awards in different categories. He has a self-titled YouTube channel with more than 500k subscribers. Stephen has a huge social media fan base with more than 500k followers on Instagram, more than 500k followers on Twitter, and more than 3 million followers on Facebook.
Stephen Robert Nesta Marley
Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Miami, Florida, United States
Stephen Marley graduated from St. George’s College, Jamaica.
Singer, Songwriter, Producer
- Father – Bob Marley (Cultural Icon, Singer-Songwriter)
- Mother – Rita Marley (Singer)
- Siblings – Ziggy Marley (Older Brother) (Musician), Cedella Marley (Older Sister) (Singer), Sharon Marley (Older Sister)
- Others – Damian Marley (Younger Step-Brother), Ky-Mani Marley (Step-Brother) (Reggae and Hip-hop Artist), Julian Marley (Step-Brother) (Musician), Rohan Marley (Step-Brother) (Entrepreneur), Stephanie Marley (Step-Sister), Makeda Jahnesta (Step-Sister), Karen Marley (Step-Sister), Robert Marley (Step-Brother)
Stephen Marley is managed by William Morris Endeavor Entertainment.
Vocals, Guitar, Nyabinghi Drums
- Tuff Gong
- Ghetto Youths International
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Stephen Marley has dated –
- Kertia DaCosta Marley – Stephen is said to have married producer Kertia DaCosta Marley. It is not clear when or where they got married and whether the couple is still together.
- Stephen has 6 sons and 7 daughters. However, the identities of their mothers are kept a secret. The names of his sons are Jo Mersa Marley (b. March 1991), Yohan Marley, Jeremiah Marley, Bengimen Marley, Stephen Marley, Jr., and Binghi Marley. The names of his daughters are Shacia Marley, Lailah Marley, Zipporah Marley, Summer Marley, Sasha Marley, Nyah Marley, and Mystic Marley.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Afro-Jamaican ancestry.
- Long dreadlocks
- Beard with mustache
- High forehead
- A mole below his right nostril
Stephen Marley has done endorsement work for Marley Natural.
His religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- His numerous Grammy Awards in different categories. As a band member of Ziggy Marley & The Melody Makers, they have won Best Reggae Album for Fallen Is Babylon in 1998, Best Reggae Album for Conscious Party in 1989, and Best Reggae Album for One Bright Day in 1990. As a producer for his brother, Damian Marley, he has won the Best Reggae Album for Halfway Tree in 2001, and Best Reggae Album for Welcome To Jamrock in 2005. He has won Best Reggae Album for Mind Control, Best Reggae Album for Mind Control – Acoustic, and Best Reggae Album for Revelation Pt. 1: The Root Of Life as an individual artist.
- Spreading awareness on the benefits of using cannabis as a medicinal herb to treat serious illnesses.
On March 20, 2007, Stephen Marley released his first solo studio album Mind Control with Universal Records. The album opened at the #1 spot on the Billboard Reggae Album chart. The album has 11 original tracks.
He is yet to make a debut in a theatrical film.
First TV Show
In 1989, he made his first TV show appearance on the talk show The Arsenio Hall Show.
His workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Stephen Marley Favorite Things
His favorite things are unknown.
Stephen Marley Facts
- In 1979, he gave his first performance on stage.
- As a child, he was a member of his sibling band Melody Makers.
- On April 3, 2017, at The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, Stephen and Pitbull performed their single, “Options” on the main stage.
- In 2009, he was on Blazed and Confused Tour with Snoop Dogg and Slightly Stoopid.
- He is influenced by the music of James Brown, Toots and the Maytals, Burning Spear, Nina Simone, and Marvin Gaye.
- Visit his official website @ www.stephenmarleymusic.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud, and YouTube.
Featured Image by David Koppe / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0