|Keri Hilson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||December 5, 1982|
Keri Hilson is an American singer, songwriter, and actor who started her professional pursuits at a young age and had secured a record deal with the girl group D’Signe by the time she was 14 years old. The group later disbanded but she went on to receive multiple accolades including BET Award, MOBO Award, NAACP Image Award, and Soul Train Music Award. Her discography consists of several albums and tracks like In a Perfect World…, I Like, Energy, Return the Favor (ft. Timbaland), Make Love, Slow Dance, Turnin Me On (ft. Lil Wayne), Get It Girl, Lose Control (Let Me Down) (ft. Nelly), Breaking Point, Change Me (ft. Akon), No Boys Allowed, Pretty Girl Rock, One Night Stand (ft. Chris Brown), and Knock You Down (ft. Kanye West and Ne-Yo). In addition to that, Keri Hilson has been cast in many movies such as Almost Christmas, Think Like a Man, Riddick, Love by the 10th Date, For The Love Of Money, Lust: A Seven Deadly Sins Story, Don’t Waste Your Pretty, and A Hip Hop Family Christmas.
Keri Lynn Hilson
Decatur, Georgia, United States
Keri Hilson attended Oxford College at Emory University in Atlanta. She had selected theater as her major. However, she didn’t graduate from the university as she had secured a record deal in her senior year.
Singer, Songwriter, Actor
- Father – Gamaliel W. Hilson (Developer)
- Mother – Christine Loraine (Ran a daycare center)
- Siblings – Kaycee Hilson (Sister), Kelsee Hilson (Sister), Kelly Hilson (Sister), Kye Hilson (Sister), Kip Hilson (Brother)
Keri Hilson has been represented by the Los Angeles-based ICM Partners (Talent and Literary Agency).
R&B, hip hop, pop
Mosley Music Group, Zone 4, Interscope Records
Her net worth had been $5 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
57 kg or 126 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Keri Hilson has dated –
- Lil Wayne (2008-2009) – According to rumors, Keri was dating rapper Lil Wayne in the second half of 2008. It was reported that they had grown close while working on the single, Turnin Me On. Then, in 2009, she served as the opening act for his I Am Music tour. They would constantly flirt on stage while performing and were happy to play up the romantic angle of their relationship, which led to suspicions that they were merely playing along to boost ticket sales.
- Soulja Boy (2009-2010) – Hilson started going out with American rapper Soulja Boy in 2009. It was claimed in the media that they grew fond of each other after she helped create a remix of his popular single, Turn My Swag On. Their relationship allegedly lasted for about a year.
- Trey Songz (2009-2010) – Towards the end of 2009, Keri started having an affair with singer and songwriter Trey Songz. Their two-month-long affair caused quite a stir as Trey was in a relationship with Lauren London at that time. A couple of months before their affair, they had collaborated with Usher to create a remix of his single, I Invented S*x.
- Serge Ibaka (2012-2016) – Keri began dating NBA star Serge Ibaka in 2012. She would later reveal in an interview that she was so smitten with him that she broke her rule to not date rappers, athletes, and ballers. After dating for nearly four years, she decided to end their relationship around the last months of 2016. It was rumored that she had caught him cheating on her with multiple women.
- Ricardo Lockette (2017) – Keri hooked up with former NFL player Ricardo Lockette in June 2017. Her new beau might have been something special as she broke her ‘no athlete’ rule once again. Their relationship was made public with an Instagram post, which was later taken down but not before it was captured by The Shade Room and posted on their official Instagram account. They broke up the same year.
Race / Ethnicity
Keri Hilson is of African-American descent.
But she is better known for dying her hair in blonde hues.
- Tall height
- Broad smile
35-24-37 in or 89-61-94 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU) or 8 (UK)
8.5 (US) or 6 (UK) or 39 (EU)
Keri Hilson has done endorsement work for Avon (2010).
Best Known For
- Having written songs for some of the most popular musical acts such as The Pussycat Dolls, Britney Spears, and Mary J. Blige
- Being a successful R&B singer who has bagged multiple Grammy Award nominations
- The popularity of her singles such as Knock You Down, Pretty Girl Rock, and Turnin Me On
In March 2009, she released her debut studio album, In a Perfect World…, which sold over ninety thousand copies in the first week and made its US Billboard 200 chart debut at the #4 spot.
For this album, she received Grammy Award nominations for “Best New Artist” and “Best Rap/Sung Collaboration” during the 52nd Annual Grammy Awards.
In 2012, she made her theatrical film debut in the romantic comedy movie, Think Like a Man, playing the role of Heather. The film had a star-studded ensemble featuring Terrence J, Taraji P. Henson, Gabrielle Union, and Kevin Hart.
First TV Show
In 2007, Keri Hilson made her first TV show appearance as herself in the romantic drama TV series, One Life to Live.
Keri Hilson used to play basketball in high school, which gave her a solid foundation to build a toned and amazing body. Also, she makes sure to continue her fitness regime by working out regularly. She is a big fan of running, especially incline running, and heads to the Runyon Canyon Park whenever she is in Los Angeles for her outdoor cardio workout.
When it comes to eating, she isn’t big on dieting. She tries to maintain balance and portion control is a priority for her. It means that she eats what she wants but ensures that she is eating only small portions. Also, she makes sure that she drinks a lot of water throughout the day.
Keri Hilson Favorite Things
- Skin Care Products – Clean & Clear Daily Pore Cleanser, St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub, Olay Age Defying Classic Daily Renewal Cream
- Beauty Icon – Jennifer Lopez
- Designer – Dolce & Gabbana
- Hairstyle Icons – Whitney Houston, Donna Summer, and Diana Ross
- Footwear – Sneakers
Keri Hilson Facts
- Keri’s father served in the army and also worked as a developer. Additionally, her mother owned a daycare.
- She managed to grab an audition with Timbaland by singing over the phone. Her collaboration with Timbaland for The Way I Are proved to be the first big breakthrough of her career.
- On December 21, 2010, she released her 2nd studio album No Boys Allowed through Mosley Music Group, Zone 4, Inc., and Interscope Records. The album peaked at number #7 on the US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) chart and at number #11 on the US Billboard 200 chart.
- In 2011, she got an Arabic dialect tattoo on her forearm while visiting Lebanon. The tattoo translates to ‘dream in color’ in English.
- She once broke her nose while participating in a high school basketball game. Also, due to her daredevil inclinations, she had to spend a couple of summers on crutches.
- She tends to spend more money on shades, watches, and candles than she splurges on bags and clothes.
- She expressed her desire to pursue a career in the music industry at the age of 12, which prompted her mother to hire a piano teacher for her. However, as she wanted to become a singer, she turned her classes into vocal lessons by singing along while her teacher played the piano.
- At the age of 14, she became a member of the music group, D’Signe. They managed to bag a record deal as well but had to be disbanded later due to unspecified reasons.
- After teaming up with American record producer Polow da Don, she became a member of the songwriting and production team of The Clutch. They wrote hit singles for accomplished artists such as Ciara, Britney Spears, and Mary J. Blige.
- In January 2010, she collaborated with Akon to record the single, Oh Africa. The proceeds from the sales of the record were used to benefit the underprivileged African youth.
- As a part of the Get Schooled National Challenge and Tour, she visited Collins Academy High School in Chicago in October 2010. The campaign aimed to promote the importance of education to the youth.
- In June 2011, she was made the ambassador of MTV Staying Alive, which is a not-for-profit foundation that aims to raise awareness about the prevention of HIV and AIDS.
Featured Image by Keith HInkle / Flickr / CC BY 2.0