Delta Lea Goodrem
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Until grade 10 (from kindergarten), she attended The Hills Grammar School in neighbouring Kenthurst.
Singer, actress, songwriter, television personality
- Father – Denis Goodrem
- Mother – Lea Goodrem
- Siblings – Trent Goodrem (Younger Brother) (Australian rules football player)
She is signed to these agencies –
- The Harbour Agency
- George Said Mgmt
- Private Idaho Entertainment Pty Ltd. (Australia)
- Azoff Music Management (USA)
Adult contemporary, pop, pop rock
Guitar, vocals, piano
Columbia Records, Daylight, Epic Records, Mercury, Sony Music
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
62 kg or 137 pounds
Delta Goodrem dated –
- Brett Lee (2002) – In 2002, Delta Goodrem was RUMORed to be dating Australian cricket player, Brett Lee. He is 8 years her senior.
- Blair McDonough (2002-2003) – Neighbours co-stars Blair McDonough and Delta Goodrem dated off the set for couple of months from 2002 to 2003. Delta’s song “Not Me, Not I” was rumored to be about the end of the relationship.
- Mark Philippoussis (2004) – Greek tennis player Mark Philippoussis and Delta dated in 2004. He is 6 ft 5 in (7 inches taller than her). She was also diagnosed with a form of cancer at that time. The relationship ended as a result of unfaithful behaviour of Mark towards Delta.
- Brian McFadden (2004-2011) – In September 2004, Irish singer Brian McFadden and Delta started dating after collaborating on Delta’s hit song “Almost Here.” They dated ON and OFF for many years. The couple got engaged in November 2007 and finally separated in March 2011.
- Nick Jonas (2011-2012) – American singer Nick Jonas and Delta were spotted coming out of the Arclight Cinema in Los Angeles on May 15, 2011. They had started dating in April 2011 and called it quits in February 2012.
- Darren McMullen (2012-2013) – Scottish actor Darren McMullen and Delta started dating in May 2012. The duo dated for a year and separated in April 2013.
Race / Ethnicity
36-25-36 in or 91.5-63.5-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 36 (EU)
At 7, she starred in an American advertisement for Galoob toy company along side Bec Hewitt.
During her childhood, she also appeared in commercials for Optus and Nesquik.
She has also appeared in commercials for Swisse Vitamins in 2012 and Oral B toothpaste in 2014.
In September 2004, she became the face of Pepsi in Australia and appeared in their adverts, TV commercials, billboards, etc.
Anglican / Episcopalian
Best Known For
Her various albums and singles and debut album “Innocent Eyes” released in 2003.
She is also known for playing Nina Tucker in Eleven’s soap opera Neighbours in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2015.
Delta released her debut album Innocent Eyes on 21 March, 2003 via Epic Records. The album consisted of 14 singles giving it a total length of over 56 minutes.
It didn’t chart in U.S., but at #1 in Australia, #3 in Ireland, #2 in UK, #6 in New Zealand, etc.
It was certified as 15x Platinum in Australia, and 3x Platinum in New Zealand and UK.
She played a main role in the 2005 comedy film Hating Alison Ashley for her role as Alison Ashley.
First TV Show
In 1993, she guest appeared in Australian sitcom Hey Dad..! for her role as Cynthia Broadhurst in an episode titled “The Real Ladies Man.”
Delta has a lean body, which does not come without proper diet and regular workout.
When she is in Australia, she works out with her personal trainer and does exercises like cross training, etc. Delta plays basketball with her local team, if possible.
If she is in U.S., she works out at a gym.
Regarding diet, she believes eating in moderation. She does not eat chicken, but eats seafood, meat, salad, vegetables, and lots of fruit.
Her sample breakfast is like two toast pieces with honey and a glass full of orange juice.
Delta Goodrem Favorite Things
- Food – Chocolate
- Places in World – Japan, London (In England), Los Angeles and New York (in United States of America), Thredbo and Colorado (for skiing)
- Muppet – Little Miss Piggy
- Movie – Grease (1978)
- Sport – Skiing
- Classes at School – Drama and English
- Chocolate – Top Deck
Source – BodyandSoul, ABC, NZGirl, Woman’sDay
Delta Goodrem Facts
- She was named Delta by her parents after they listened to Joe Cocker’s song “Delta Lady.”
- She started playing piano at 7. At that time, she was also taking dancing, singing, and acting lessons.
- She is good friends with Renee Bargh.
- If she weren’t a singer / actor, she would have been a ski instructor.
- For the Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games opening ceremony, she co-wrote the song “Together We Are One” with her ex-boyfriend Brian McFadden.
- Her simple pleasure is food and performing songs on stage.
- During her time at high school, she won “Sports person of the year” award.
- She is a big fan of Janet Jackson and Olivia Newton-John.
- Delta relaxes by lighting all the candles and turning the television off, and listening to light music, talking to friends, by playing sports, and by being creative.
- As a teenager, she competed in slalom ski races as she comes from a sporty family.
- She wanted to be a singer-songwriter from young age.
- She would like to sing a duet with Celine Dion.
- Her biggest role model is her mom.
- She launched her own lingerie line called “Delta by Annabella” in October 2014.
- Delta has two Golden Retrievers called Maverick and Mitzy.
- She is a supporter of Sydney Swans Football Club.
- At 15 years of age, she signed a record deal with Sony.
- At 13, she started her professional singing career after she sent her five-song demo CD (which she recorded at that time and financed it via the money which she got from the television work) to Sydney Swans Football Club, which in turn sent it to the manager Glenn Wheatley. Glenn signed her with an independent label Empire Records.
- On Juny 8, 2003, she was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
- “Not Me, Not I” is the fourth consecutive single, which reached #1 in Australian charts.
- Visit her official website @ www.deltagoodrem.com.
- Hear more from Delta on Twitter, Facebook, iTunes, YouTube, YouTube VEVO, Instagram, Google+, Google+ VEVO, and Spotify.