|Delta Goodrem Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||November 9, 1984|
Delta Goodrem is an Australian singer, songwriter, and actor who was 15 years old when she signed to Sony Music. She has released several albums, extended plays, and tracks including Innocent Eyes, Delta, Christmas, Mistaken Identity, Bridge over Troubled Dreams, Child of the Universe, Only Santa Knows, Wings of the Wild, In This Life, Born to Try, I Don’t Care, Lost Without You, Out of the Blue, Together We Are One, Almost Here (with Brian McFadden), You Will Only Break My Heart, I Can’t Break It to My Heart, Dancing with a Broken Heart, Sitting on Top of the World, Love Thy Will Be Done, Heart Hypnotic, Dear Life, Wings, Think About You, Welcome to Earth, and Only Human. Her debut album, Innocent Eyes, became one of the highest-selling Australian albums as well as the second-best-selling Australian album of all time while topping the ARIA Albums Chart for 29 non-consecutive weeks.
Delta Lea Goodrem
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Until grade 10 (from kindergarten), she attended The Hills Grammar School in the neighboring Kenthurst.
Singer, actor, songwriter, television personality
- Father – Denis Goodrem
- Mother – Lea (née Parker)
- Siblings – Trent Goodrem (Younger Brother) (Australian rules football player)
- Others – John Walter “Jack” Goodrem (Paternal Grandfather), Netta Joyce Stewart (Paternal Grandmother), Thomas Herbert “Tom” Parker (Maternal Grandfather), Thelma Myra Pudney (Maternal Grandmother)
She has been signed to these agencies –
- The Harbour Agency
- George Said Mgmt
- Private Idaho Entertainment Pty Ltd. (Australia)
- Azoff Music Management (USA)
- Untitled Entertainment, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States
Adult contemporary, pop, pop-rock
Guitar, vocals, piano, keyboards
Columbia Records, Daylight, Epic Records, Mercury, Sony Music
Her net worth had been $16 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
62 kg or 137 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Delta Goodrem has dated –
- Seal – It was RUMORed that she once had an affair with British singer-songwriter Seal.
- Brett Lee (2002) – In 2002, Delta Goodrem was RUMORed to be dating Australian cricket player, Brett Lee. He is 8 years her senior.
- Blair McDonough (2002-2003) – Neighbours co-stars Blair McDonough and Delta Goodrem dated off the set for a couple of months from 2002 to 2003. Delta’s song “Not Me, Not I” was rumored to be about the end of the relationship.
- Mark Philippoussis (2004) – Greek tennis player Mark Philippoussis and Delta dated in 2004. He is 6 ft 5 in (7 inches taller than her). She was also diagnosed with a form of cancer at that time. The relationship ended as a result of the unfaithful behavior of Mark towards Delta.
- Brian McFadden (2004-2011) – In September 2004, Irish singer Brian McFadden and Delta started dating after collaborating on Delta’s hit song “Almost Here.” They dated ON and OFF for many years. The couple got engaged in November 2007 and finally separated in March 2011.
- Nick Jonas (2011-2012) – American singer Nick Jonas and Delta were spotted coming out of the Arclight Cinema in Los Angeles on May 15, 2011. They had started dating in April 2011 and called it quits in February 2012.
- Nathaniel Buzolic (2012) – Delta was rumored to be dating fellow actor Nathaniel Buzolic in 2012.
- Darren McMullen (2012-2013) – Scottish actor Darren McMullen and Delta started dating in May 2012. The duo dated for a year and separated in April 2013.
- Drew Mitchell (2016) – She had a short-termed romance with former rugby union professional player Drew Mitchell between August and December 2016.
- Matthew Copley (2017-Present) – In October 2017, she started going out with musician Matthew Copley.
Race / Ethnicity
Delta Goodrem is of English, Scottish, and Northern Irish descent.
36-25-36 in or 91.5-63.5-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU) or 10 (UK)
9 (US) or 39.5 (EU) or 6.5 (UK)
At 7, she starred in an American advertisement for Galoob toy company alongside Bec Hewitt.
During her childhood, she also appeared in commercials for Optus and Nesquik.
She has also appeared in commercials for Swisse Vitamins in 2012 and Oral B toothpaste in 2014.
In September 2004, she became the face of Pepsi in Australia and appeared in their adverts, TV commercials, billboards, etc.
Anglican / Episcopalian
Best Known For
Her various albums and singles and debut album “Innocent Eyes” which was released in 2003.
She is also known for playing Nina Tucker in Eleven’s soap opera Neighbours in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2015.
Delta released her debut album Innocent Eyes on March 21, 2003, via Epic Records. The album consisted of 14 singles giving it a total length of over 56 minutes.
It didn’t chart in the U.S., but at #1 in Australia, #3 in Ireland, #2 in the UK, #6 in New Zealand, etc.
It was certified as 15x Platinum in Australia, and 3x Platinum in New Zealand and the UK.
She played the main role in the 2005 comedy film Hating Alison Ashley for her role as Alison Ashley.
First TV Show
In 1993, she made a guest appearance in the Australian sitcom Hey Dad..! for her role as Cynthia Broadhurst in an episode titled “The Real Ladies Man.”
Delta has a lean body, which does not come without a proper diet and regular workout.
When she is in Australia, she works out with her personal trainer and does exercises like cross-training, etc. Delta plays basketball with her local team, if possible.
If she is in the U.S., she works out at a gym.
Regarding diet, she believes in eating in moderation. She does not eat chicken but eats seafood, meat, salad, vegetables, and lots of fruit.
Her sample breakfast is like two toast pieces with honey and a glass full of orange juice.
Delta Goodrem Favorite Things
- Food – Chocolate
- Places in World – Japan, London (In England), Los Angeles and New York (in the United States of America), Thredbo and Colorado (for skiing)
- Muppet – Little Miss Piggy
- Movie – Grease (1978)
- Sport – Skiing
- Classes at School – Drama and English
- Chocolate – Top Deck
Source – BodyandSoul.com.au, ABC.net.au, NZGirl.co.nz, Woman’sDay.com.au
Delta Goodrem Facts
- She was named Delta by her parents after they listened to Joe Cocker’s song “Delta Lady.”
- She started playing piano at 7. At that time, she was also taking dancing, singing, and acting lessons.
- She is good friends with Renee Bargh.
- If she weren’t a singer/actor, she would have been a ski instructor.
- For the Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games opening ceremony, she co-wrote the song “Together We Are One” with her ex-boyfriend Brian McFadden.
- Her simple pleasure is food and performing songs on stage.
- During her time at high school, she won the “Sportsperson of the Year” award.
- She is a big fan of Janet Jackson and Olivia Newton-John.
- Delta relaxes by lighting all the candles and turning the television off and listening to light music, talking to friends, playing sports, and being creative.
- As a teenager, she competed in slalom ski races as she comes from a sporty family.
- She wanted to be a singer-songwriter from a young age.
- She would like to sing a duet with Celine Dion.
- Her biggest role model is her mom.
- She launched her own lingerie line called “Delta by Annabella” in October 2014.
- Delta has two Golden Retrievers called Maverick and Mitzy.
- She is a supporter of the Sydney Swans Football Club.
- At 15 years of age, she signed a record deal with Sony.
- At 13, she started her professional singing career after she sent her five-song demo CD (which she recorded at that time and financed via the money which she got from the television work) to Sydney Swans Football Club, which in turn sent it to the manager Glenn Wheatley. Glenn signed her with an independent label Empire Records.
- On July 8, 2003, she was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
- “Not Me, Not I” is the fourth consecutive single, which reached #1 in the Australian charts.