|Amy Winehouse Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2½ in|
|Date of Birth||September 14, 1983|
|Date of Death||July 23, 2011|
Amy Winehouse was an English singer and songwriter known for her deep, expressive contralto vocals. During her comparatively short career that spanned over around a decade, she released many popular albums, tracks, and extended plays such as Lioness: Hidden Treasures, Back to Black: B-Sides, Stronger Than Me, Back to Black, Frank, You Know I’m No Good, Our Day Will Come, Love Is a Losing Game, Rehab, Tears Dry on Their Own, Take the Box, and Body and Soul (with Tony Bennett). Her 2nd studio album, Back to Black, got her nominated for several awards including 2 Brit Awards (Best British Album, and won her Best British Female Solo Artist), 6 Grammy Awards (including 5 wins), 4 Ivor Novello Awards, 4 MTV Europe Music Awards, 3 MTV Video Music Awards, and 3 World Music Awards. Amy Winehouse was a drug and alcohol addict and eventually died of alcohol poisoning on July 23, 2011. She was ranked at number #26 on the list of the 100 Greatest Women in Music curated by VH1.
Amy Jade Winehouse
Wino, Ames, Gemma, Cherry
Amy Winehouse was born on September 14, 1983, and was 27 at the time of death.
Amy died on July 23, 2011, at the age of 27 at Camden, London, England due to alcohol poisoning.
Edgwarebury Cemetery (Edgware, London, England, United Kingdom)
Southgate, London, England, United Kingdom
Amy attended Osidge Primary School. She also went to Mount School, Mill Hill, and Ashmole School in Southgate.
To further enhance her singing skills and learn tap dancing, she enrolled herself into Susi Earnshaw Theatre School. She went there for 4 years.
Winehouse also went to Sylvia Young Theatre School.
Amy went to BRIT School in Selhurst, Croydon.
- Father – Mitchell “Mitch” Winehouse (Window Panel Installer and Taxi Driver)
- Mother – Janis Winehouse (née Seaton) (Pharmacist)
- Siblings – Alex Winehouse (Older Brother)
- Others – Alec Winehouse (Paternal Grandfather), Cynthia Gordon (Paternal Grandmother) (Singer), Eddie Seaton (Maternal Grandfather), Stella Richman (Maternal Grandmother)
Soul, blue-eyed soul, jazz, neo-soul, rhythm, and blues
Vocals, guitar, drums
Island, Lioness, Universal Republic, Republic Records
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth had been $10 Million.
5 ft 2½ in or 159 cm
50 kg or 110 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Amy Winehouse had dated –
- George Roberts – She had a fling with George Roberts in the past.
- Matt Willis – She was romantically involved with musician, singer, songwriter, television personality, and actor Matt Willis in the past.
- Nas – Amy was RUMORed to have had a fling with American rapper Nas in the past.
- Chris Taylor – She also dated a guy named Chris Taylor.
- Kristian Marr – Actor Kristian Marr also had an affair with Amy.
- Blake Fielder-Civil (2003-2009) – In 2003, Amy met Blake Fielder-Civil in a local bar who, at that time, was a part-time gopher on music video sets. They started dating in the same year. They dated ON and OFF for the next 4 years and got engaged in 2007. They married on May 18, 2007, in Miami Beach, Florida. They called off their marriage and divorced in July 2009.
- Tyler James – She was in a relationship with singer Tyler James.
- Alex Clare (2006-2007) – The two British singers Amy and Alex Clare were romantically linked to each other for some time from 2006 to 2007.
- Pete Doherty (2008-2011) – From 2008 to 2011, Amy and musician Pete Doherty were an item. The relationship ended due to Amy’s death in 2011.
- Josh Bowman (2009) – In January 2009, she had an encounter with actor Josh Bowman when she was seen cuddling and kissing him at a beach in St Lucia.
- Reg Traviss (2010-2011) – Finally, in May 2010, Amy started dating film director, Reg Traviss. They went on a couple of dates, but the relationship ended all of a sudden in July 2011 due to the death of Winehouse.
Race / Ethnicity
She had Polish and Russian ancestry.
- Tattooed arms
- Extreme black eyeliner
- Long hair styled in a beehive (1960s style) hairdo
- Eccentric dancing on stage
- Deep soulful voice
- Catlike eyes due to makeup
- Front gapped tooth
- Piercing just above her left upper lip
36-23-33 in or 91.5-58.5-84 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
She had breast enlargement surgery in late 2009 as revealed by Daily Mail UK. She had her breast enlarged from 32B to 32D.
8.5 (US) or 6 (UK) or 39 (EU)
Amy had appeared in a Heineken commercial in 2012.
However, she was not religious and once said “being Jewish to me is about being together as a real family. It’s not about lighting candles and saying a bracha.”
Best Known For
Appearance, deep expressive vocals, and songs such as “Rehab,” “Back to Black,” “You Know I’m No Good,” etc.
Amy released her first album named Frank on October 20, 2003, via Island Records. The album received positive reviews from music critics and it peaked at #3 in UK, #33 in the U.S., #23 on Australian charts.
The standard UK edition of the album contains 13 songs making it about 59 minutes in length.
She was able to sell about 1,000,000 copies of the album in the UK and roughly 315,000 in the U.S.
In 2004, Amy appeared in the musical TV film T in the Park as herself.
First TV Show
As an actress, she first appeared in the comedy series The Fast Show for her role as Titania in just one episode.
Amy was so much addicted to drugs, alcohol, and smoking that she had to switch them with exercise. She did that back in 2009. She started spending a quality amount of time in the gym doing various exercises and got back in shape. She, however, had to undergo a breast augmentation surgery in late 2009 to make her boobs look tight again (as they became saggy after a regular workout).
Amy Winehouse Favorite Things
- TV Shows – Will & Grace (1998-2006)
- Movies – Jackass The Movie (2002), MTV Yoga (2002), Beaches (1988), Dirty Dancing (1987), The Birdcage (1996), The Craft (1996), Tootsie (1982)
- Cocktail – Rickstasy
- Artists – Beastie Boys, Carole King, Mahalia Jackson, Mos Def, Nas, Teena Marie, Thelonious Monk
- Pub – 25 Hawley Arms
- Word – Fuckery
Source – India Times, Huffington Post, KQED
Amy Winehouse Facts
- Amy was born in North London’s Chase Farm Hospital.
- Amy’s couple of maternal uncles were pro jazz musicians.
- Her parents split when she was 9. As a result, she lived with her mom during weekdays and with her dad and his girlfriend during weekends.
- With her childhood friend, Juliette Ashby (now a singer-songwriter), Amy made a rap group called Sweet ‘n’ Sour.
- At 14, she got her nose pierced.
- She was the godmother of singer Dionne Bromfield.
- At 13, she got her first guitar.
- Amy’s brother Alex is the co-founder of the Amy Winehouse Foundation.
- Her funeral was held at Edgwarebury Lane cemetery on July 26, 2011, in North London.
- She also faced bulimia (an eating disorder) in her life.
- She was friends with Remi Nicole and Kelly Osbourne.
- Visit her official website @ amywinehouse.com.
- Connect with Amy on Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, YouTube VEVO, and Google+.