Jericho, New York, United States
Jamie-Lynn went to a Hebrew school before her bat mitzvah. She joined the Jericho High School later.
Jamie also went to the Cultural Arts Playhouse in Old Bethpage.
J-Lynn was granted admission to the prestigious New York University. She was preparing to major in psychology but dropped out of college once ‘The Sopranos’ became a huge hit.
Actress, singer, writer, model
- Father – Steve Sigler (Founder of the Men’s Senior Baseball League)
- Mother – Connie Sigler
- Siblings – Adam Sigler (Oldest Brother) (Died in 2014), Brian Sigler (Older Brother)
John Carrabino Management
Edel Music / BAB Music
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
54 kg or 119 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jamie-Lynn Sigler has dated –
- Keith Collins (Early 2000’s) – American actor, filmmaker, and activist, Keith Collins was rumored to be dating Jamie-Lynn Sigler in the early 2000s.
- A. J. Discala (2003-2006) – Jamie-Lynn Sigler met A. J. Discala when she was 19, and he took the job of her manager. They started dating eventually and got married on July 11, 2003, at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden in New York. Carly Simon (composer) sang for Jamie-Lynn and her manager-turned-husband at the wedding. She then altered her name to Jamie-Lynn Discala. In September 2005, Sigler and Discala got divorced and she switched back to her maiden name.
- Scott Sartiano (2006-2008) – Scott Sartiano, a New York City nightlife entrepreneur, and Jamie-Lynn Sigler dated from January 2006 to April 2008.
- Jerry Ferrara (2008-2009) – Jamie-Lynn and Jerry Ferrara (an actor) began dating in September 2008. They met while Jamie-Lynn was a guest star on ‘Entourage,’ playing the role of Jerry Ferrara’s character’s love interest. They broke up in December 2009.
- Mark Sanchez (2010) – Mark Sanchez, an American football quarterback dated Jamie-Lynn Sigler in 2010 for four months, beginning in April and ending in July.
- Cutter Dykstra (2012-Present) – In 2012, Sigler started dating baseball player Cutter Dykstra, son of Major League Baseball legend Lenny Dykstra. They got engaged on January 28, 2013. Jamie-Lynn gave birth to their son, Beau Kyle Dykstra on August 28, 2013. Their marriage ceremony was held in Palm Springs, California on January 16, 2016. In July 2017, Sigler declared that she and her husband were expecting another child.
Race / Ethnicity
Jamie-Lynn Sigler has Sephardic Jewish and Romanian Jewish ancestry on her father’s side. Her mother is Cuban.
Dark Brown (Natural Hair Color)
But, she has dyed her hair ‘black’ and ‘blonde’ for roles in the movies.
- Oval face
- Radiant smile
- ‘Girl Next Door’ look
36-25-34 in or 91.5-63.5-86 cm
6 (US) or 36 (EU)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU)
- Gave her voice in a television commercial in 2001 for Levi’s Superlow Jeans to the singing navels.
- Appeared in a print advertisement for Circle of Friends in 2004.
- Serta Perfect Sleeper (voiceover)
- She has been seen in PSA’s (Public Service Announcement) on American Cancer Society, and Ad Council’s Your GED Pep Talk Center TV.
Best Known For
Her role of Meadow Soprano, the daughter of Tony and Carmela Soprano on the hit HBO series, ‘The Sopranos’.
In 2001, Jamie-Lynn released her first album called, Here to Heaven. The album included the single “Cry Baby”. Overall, album sales were poor and it was declared to be a commercial failure.
Jamie-Lynn made her theatrical film debut in the 1998 film called, A Brooklyn State of Mind portraying the role of, ‘Young Angie’.
First TV Show
Jamie-Lynn’s first TV show appearance was in 1999 in the HBO Series, The Sopranos playing the role of, ‘Meadow Soprano’.
Jamie-Lynn co-wrote an autobiography, Wise Girl: What I’ve Learned About Life, Love, and Loss in 2002.
Jamie-Lynn Sigler has battled Multiple Sclerosis (MS) for over 15 years. She has trouble in running or conducting a heavy physical activity.
Jamie-Lynn Sigler Favorite Things
- TV Shows – The Sopranos, Entourage, How I Met Your Mother
- Food – Italian Food
- Color – Dark Golden Brown
- Place – Jerusalem, Israel and New Jersey, USA
- Music – Pop, Spanish
- People – James Gandolfini
- Actor – James Gandolfini
- Movie – Annie Hall (1977)
- Sport – Baseball and Golf
- Team – Washington Nationals
- Singers – Lea Michele, Selena Gomez
- Play – Hamilton
- Animal – Dogs
- Magazine – The Hollywood Reporter
- Drink – Organic juice, soda and sugary drinks
- Film – Frozen
- Perfume – Jivago 24K by Ilana Jivago
Jamie-Lynn Sigler Facts
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler began acting and singing at the age of just 7.
- She debuted as a thespian in New York regional theater, and has since featured in over 24 stage productions counting the major productions like “Annie” and, “The Wizard of Oz”.
- Jamie-Lynn made her debut on Broadway as the lead character, ‘Belle’ in Disney’s Broadway production of “Beauty and the Beast”. The show ran from October of 2002 to February 2003.
- Jamie-Lynn won the 1999 and 2000 Hollywood Reporter Young Star Award for the ‘Best Young Actress’ in the Drama Television Series category. It was awarded to her for her role as Meadow Soprano in, ‘The Sopranos’.
- Jamie-Lynn has played the lead actress in the music video for Mariah Carey‘s single, “Through the Rain.”
- Jamie-Lynn struggled with an eating disorder when she was a teenager.
- Jamie-Lynn is a representative for the National Eating Disorders Association.
- While shooting for a film, J-Lynn was once paralyzed from the waist for quite a lot of days with Lyme Disease.
- Jamie-Lynn’s brother Adam passed away at the age of 31 after falling into the coma as a result of an immense brain hemorrhage.
- In an episode of The Oprah Winfrey Show, she spoke at length about her health problems including the time when she had nearly become anorexic after getting dumped by her ex-boyfriend at that time.
- Jamie-Lynn was voted, ‘Class Thespian’.
- Initially, HBO sought to swap Sigler in ‘The Sopranos’ with a fair-haired girl after the first 4 episodes of the first season, but it was considered too costly to reshoot every sequence.
- She sang ‘The Star-Spangled Banner’ at the opening Major League Soccer (MLS) game. The game was the New England Revolution versus the Dallas Burn. The game took place at CMGI Field in Foxboro, Massachusetts on May 11, 2002.
- In 2002, Jamie-Lynn was ranked #73 in Stuff magazines’, ‘102 Sexiest Women in The World’. She was also ranked at #42 in FHM’s ‘100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005’.
- Jamie-Lynn is fluent in Spanish and Greek.
- Jamie-Lynn was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis at the age of 20.
- Jamie-Lynn has written a number of truthful blogs and articles for a website called, ‘ReImagineMyself dot com’ to help link up with other multiple sclerosis patients.
- She is available on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Kristin Dos Santos / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0