Lea Michele Sarfati
The Bronx, New York, United States
Michele attended Rockland Country Day School, New York for elementary school and then Tenafly High School. She was home schooled one year while working in Toronto, Ontario on Ragtime. She attended Stagedoor Manor in the Catskills, a center for performing arts training. She was then later accepted to the Tisch School of the Arts at New York University, but she opted for a stage performance at the professional level.
- Father – Marc Sarfati (Delicatessen owner)
- Mother – Edith Sarfati (nurse)
- Siblings – None
William Morris Endeavor is her talent agency.
5 ft 2½ in or 159 cm
53 kg or 117 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lea has dated –
- Matthew Morrison (2007) – Lea was rumored to be with Matthew during 2007. They first met at the Broadway theater and the news came that they are dating together. But, they didn’t confirm.
- Theo Stockman (October 2009 – September 2011) – They both met at the Broadway theater for the first time and soon started dating. They dated together for 2 years before calling it quits in 2011.
- Cory Monteith (2009, 2011-2013) – They first met on the sets of popular television series Glee in 2009 and dated for a while. They again started dating in 2011 but kept it quiet until April 2012. They were seen kissing at New York Rangers hockey game. The relationship ended suddenly when Cory Monteith was found dead at Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel room on July 13, 2013, in Vancouver, Canada due to heroin and alcohol overdose.
- Matthew Paetz (2014-2016) – Model and dating coach, Matthew Paetz and Lea were romantically linked to each other from April 2014 to February 2016.
- Robert Buckley (2016) – From May to July 2016, Michele was seen romancing with actor and model, Robert Buckley. They split was amicable and they even appeared together in the series Dimension 404 later on.
- Zandy Reich (2017-Present) – In July 2017, just after her split from Robert, Lea started dating fashion executive Zandy Reich. In April 2018, Zandy and Lea got engaged. It was revealed when Lea posted an Instagram picture of her ring. They got married on March 9, 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
Her mother is Italian American while her father is a Spanish Sephardic Jew.
35-25-34 in or 89-63.5-87 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
L’Oreal Spokesperson (2012), Candie’s (2012), Chevrolet (February 2011), Nike (2011), HP (2011), Dove (2010)
Best Known For
Her performance as Rachel Berry on the Fox television series Glee.
She started working at the Broadway theater in 1995 and released her debut solo pop album Louder on February 28, 2014, via Columbia Records.
1988 direct-to-video animated film Buster & Chauncey’s Silent Night. She gave voice to various characters in this film.
First TV Show
American Crime drama series Third Watch is her debut TV show. But, she appeared in just a single episode titled “Spring Forward Fall Back” (Season 1, episode 19) for her role as Sammi.
Lea Michele likes to do workout which includes exercises in the form of dancing. She also did dancing at TV series Glee. Yoga is her stress-relieving exercise part so as to improve mental flexibility and peace. Weight training and interval training are high-intensity fitness booster exercises. She also does rock climbing, hiking.
Her love for Nike Training Club iPhone app is also great. It is just like having a personal trainer.
Lea Michele Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Dark Chocolate, Vegan Cupcakes
- Favorite TV Programs – Reality Shows, Grey’s Anatomy (2005-)
- Favorite People – Barbra Streisand (Singer), Jon Groff (Singer and Actor)
- Favorite Movie – Funny Girl (1968)
- Favorite Book – Girl with a Pearl Earring (Tracy Chevalier)
Lea Michele Facts
- Lea is active in charities for gay rights and animal rights.
- She was born in New York but grew up in Tenafly, New Jersey.
- Her free time activity is baking.
- She was teased for the pronunciation of her last name in her school. Hence, she opted to use the first 2 characters as her stage name.
- She has a pet cat, named Sheila.
- In AskMen’s Most Desirable Women list of 2012, she was voted no. 19.
- She is a great fan of pop singers Kylie Minogue and Fanny Brice (now died).
- She loves record players.