|ILoveMakonnen Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||April 12, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
ILoveMakonnen is an American singer, rapper, songwriter, and actor who is best known for his song Tuesday (2014) that was also remixed by Canadian rapper Drake. After this, his music began to touch millions of hearts and soon he had become a singing sensation. He has also been featured in several top magazines for his music including XXL. Makonnen has more than 400k followers on Instagram and more than 200k followers on Facebook.
Makonnen Danny Morris, ILoveMakonnen
Los Angeles, California, United States
Portland, Oregon, United States
He studied at North Clayton High School in Georgia. Later, Makonnen applied to a cosmetology school.
Actor, Singer, Songwriter, Rapper
Makonnen is represented by Warner Bros.
- Warner Bros. Records
- OVO Sound (Former)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Makonnen has dated –
- Lil Peep – Makonnen was rumored to be dating rapper Lil Peep in the past.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Black, White, and Asian)
Oval face shape
Makonnen has not done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Best Known For
- Releasing many hit songs like Tuesday, Swerve, Trust Me Danny, and many more
- His R&B and Hip-hop genres that have been liked by singers such as Miley Cyrus and Drake
As a Singer
Makonnen has released several EPs such as iLoveMakonnen (2014) with several hit songs including Tuesday, which Drake had chosen to make a remix and iLoveMakonnen 2 (2015). The two EPs were launched under the labels OVO Sound and Warner Bros. Records Inc.
He has also released several hit singles like Tuesday in 2014, as well as Sellin and Side to Side in 2016.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance on the The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon in 2014.
ILoveMakonnen Favorite Things
- Food – Ice cubes
- Color – Red, Black, Blue, White
- Memory – Talking to his dog in the backyard
Source – The Fader
- His parents are originally from Atlanta, Georgia. However, he was born and brought up in Los Angeles.
- He maintains a journal in which he writes all of his dark desires.
- If he did not become a singer, he would have been an astronomer.
- In 2002, he moved to Atlanta to live with his mother after his parents separated and he lost his close friend who was shot. At the moment, Makonnen was just 13 years old and was studying in senior high school.
- In the past, Makonnen accidentally shot his friend in the head after he reached out to move the gun from his lap. He was eventually sentenced to 5 years of probation for unwilling manslaughter.
- At the age of 12, he was mugged by a boy from around his neighborhood in Los Angeles and almost 2 years later, that very same boy was killed.
- He was named after the Ethiopian emperor Haile Selassie I whose birth name was Ras Tafari Makonnen.
- Around the year 1995, during the shooting of the film Higher Learning in Los Angeles, Makonnen used to introduce himself as the director’s son to get a free pass to wander around the set.
- In between 2008 and 2009, he had started a blog on MySpace on which he posted interviews of singers like Miguel, Tony Hsieh, and Lil B. He was also MySpace friends with singer Adele at that time.
- In 2016, Makonnen left his first label company OVO stating that they used to release his music late and was threatened by people associated with the record label.
- In 2016, he moved to Portland with his mother.
- Visit his official website @ ilovemakonnen.com.
- Follow him on Instagram, YouTube, SoundCloud, and Facebook.
Featured Image by ILoveMakonnen / Instagram