|Lil Peep Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||November 1, 1996|
Lil Peep was a rapper, singer, and songwriter from the United States. He was famous for his post-emo revival style of hip-hop. He died due to a drug overdose in 2017. Lil Peep released 4 mixtapes, 6 Extended Plays, and 1 studio album in his music career which spanned from 2014 to 2017.
Gustav Elijah Åhr
Lil Peep, Lil Bo Peep
Lil Peep was born on November 1, 1996.
Lil Peep died at the age of 21 on November 15, 2017, in Tuscon, Arizona due to Fentanyl-Xanax overdose.
Allentown, Pennsylvania, United States
Lil Peep went to the Lindell Elementary School. He later got enrolled at the Long Beach High School. He had good grades in high school but he rarely attended school and eventually decided to drop out. He took an online course to earn his high school diploma.
In California, he attended the Glendale Community College in Pasadena. However, he didn’t complete his studies at the community college.
Rapper, singer, songwriter
- Father – Karl Johan Åhr (College Professor)
- Mother – Liza Womack (First-Grade Teacher)
- Siblings – Unknown
Lil Peep was managed by Chase Ortega.
Emo hip hop, cloud rap, trap, hip hop
First Access, Warner Music Sweden
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lil Peep has dated
- Bella Thorne (2017) – Lil Peep and actress Bella Thorne’s relationship wasn’t publicly acknowledged until his death in November 2017 as she shared several pictures on her official social media accounts in her heartbreaking tribute to her former boyfriend. The rumors of them being together first surfaced in the summer of 2017 as they were seen hanging out together. Also, pictures of them kissing went viral on the social media. Their last appearance together was in September 2017 just before he officially started dating Arzaylea Rodriguez.
- Arzaylea Rodriguez (2017) – The reports of Lil Peep dating Instagram star Arzaylea Rodriguez first surfaced in October 2017 as they started posting pictures of them hanging out together online. Peep eventually made their relationship public by sharing her several pictures with one reading ‘Mine’ and another picture focusing on her forearm tattoo that read ‘Yours.’ They were still in a relationship when he passed away in November 2017. Arzaylea reportedly was on a flight back from London when he died because of overdose.
Race / Ethnicity
He had German, Swedish, and Irish ancestry.
Dark Brown (Natural)
But, he was often seen with different hair colors such as ‘Pink’ and ‘Platinum Blonde’.
In August 2017, Peep had announced that he was bisexual in his social media post.
- His unique and varying hair colors
- His special and edgy style sense
Lil Peep didn’t do endorsement work for any brand in his lifetime.
He didn’t reveal his religious views publicly.
Best Known For
- Having served as one of the leading proponents of the emo hip hop music genre.
- Being one of the most popular rappers that have used Soundcloud to fuel their career ascent and social media popularity.
In August 2017, Lil Peep released his debut and the only studio album, Come Over When You’re Sober, Pt. 1. The album managed to reach as high as the 3rd spot on the US Alternative albums chart. It also peaked at the 13th spot on US Rap albums chart.
He wasn’t cast in any theatrical film in his lifetime.
First TV Show
Lil Peep didn’t act on any TV show when alive.
It is not known what exercises he did and what eating plan he used to follow to stay lean when alive.
Lil Peep Favorite Things
- Music Influences – Kurt Cobain, Frank Ocean, David Bowie, Gucci Mane, Riff Raff, Crystal Castles, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rozz Dyliams, My Chemical Romance, Seshollowaterboyz, Panic! at the Disco
Source – Wikipedia
Lil Peep Facts
- In 2017, he collaborated with his close friend and fellow rapper Lil Tracy to form the hip-hop duo, GothBoiClique.
- While studying in high school, he was good in academics and was often featured on the dean’s list.
- At the age of 17, he decided to move to Los Angeles to pursue his music career.
- In May 2017, the indie rock and emo band, Mineral, accused Lil Peep of copyright infringement after he used an uncredited sample of their single LoveLetterTypewriter in his Hollywood Dreaming single. He defended himself by claiming that he was just showing his appreciation for the band.
- He often claimed in his interviews that he wanted to become the new Kurt Cobain. Indeed, the New York Times music critic Jon Caramanica called him Kurt Cobain of lo-fi rap.
- When alive, he openly spoke about depression, suicidal thoughts, and drug abuse in his music. He used to call himself a productive junkie but he often asked his fans and audience to steer clear of drug abuse.
- On November 15, 2017, he was found unresponsive in his tour bus by his manager who gave him CPR in a bid to revive him. He had checked on him on two previous occasions and wasn’t able to wake him up but his breathing was normal unlike on the third occasion.
- Lil Peep had posted a series of updates on Instagram, hours before his death. In his posts, he revealed that he had ingested psilocybin mushrooms and marijuana concentrate. In one video, he spoke about popping 6 Xanax pills.
- He was pretty fond of body art and had got Get Cake Die Young tattooed on the right side of his forehead, just below the hairline.
- He got his first breakthrough in 2015 with the viral success of his mixtape Lil Peep Part One, which garnered more than 4,000 plays on Soundcloud in the first week itself.
- Visit his official website @ lilpeep.party.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Soundcloud.
Featured Image by Lil Peep / Instagram