|Radha Mitchell Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5¾ in|
|Date of Birth||November 12, 1973|
Radha Mitchell is an Australian actress, producer, director, and writer who is known for her roles like Catherine O’Brien in the soap opera Neighbours, Mary Ansell Barrie in the biographical drama film Finding Neverland, Isabelle Sorenson in the romantic comedy-drama film Mozart and the Whale, Marta Walraven in the ABC drama series Red Widow, Pixie Robinson in the ABC’s children’s series Sugar and Spice, Jodie in the sitcom All Together Now, Fiona Simmons in the romantic drama film The Waiting City, and Rose Da Silva in the psychological horror film Silent Hill.
Radha Rani Amber Indigo Ananda Mitchell
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Radha Mitchell studied at St Michael’s Grammar School, a leading Australian independent Anglican co-educational primary and secondary day school located in St Kilda, Victoria.
Afterward, she got enrolled at Swinburne University and aspired of becoming a psychologist. However, she stated, “I thought it was going to be group therapy, that we would go in there and talk about life and people and stuff like that. But it was all rats and stats. I didn’t last beyond the first year”. Therefore, she obtained her B.A. in literature and media studies.
Actress, Producer, Director, Writer
- Father – Norman Mitchell (Filmmaker)
- Mother – Adriana Mitchell (Model-turned-fashion-designer)
- Others – Penelope Mitchell (Cousin) (Actress)
Mitchell has been signed with –
- Artist and Brand Management, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Shanahan Management Pty Ltd., Talent Management Company, Darlinghurst, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 ft 5¾ in or 167 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Radha Mitchell has dated –
- Martin Henderson (2005-2006) – In October 2005, she started going out with New Zealand actor Martin Henderson but the duo eventually parted ways in May 2006.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Scottish and/or English descent.
- High cheekbones
- Toned body
Radha Mitchell Facts
- Her parents divorced when she was young.
- She was raised by her mother just around the corner from the Como Centre, on Chapel Street in Victoria, Australia.
- Radha Mitchell has credited her name as ‘a creative byproduct’ of her mother’s experiences in India during the 1970s.
- Her first name “Radha” stems from the Hindu faith and the other parts of her name, “Rani” and “Ananda”, also come from similar origins.
- She started acting at a young age and her first credited screen role was that of an 11-year-old girl named Pixie Robinson from the Australian bush who was sent to live with her grandmother on the ABC TV children’s series Sugar and Spice. She played this role from 1988 to 1989.
- Mitchell was ranked at number #45 in Maxim magazine’s “Hot 100 of 2002” supplement.
- She played the titular role of Melinda Robicheaux in the 2004 American comedy film, Melinda and Melinda, written and directed by Woody Allen. When Woody Allen called her cellular phone personally to offer her the role, Mitchell thought it was a prank and wasn’t convinced until she received the script.
Featured Image by Eva Rinaldi / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0