|David Tennant Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||April 18, 1971|
David Tennant is a Scottish actor and voice actor best known for his portrayal of the Tenth Doctor in the famous British television series Doctor Who and Barty Crouch, Jr. in the film Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. His other acting credits involve TV series Casanova (2005) and he also played the character of character Kilgrave on the Netflix series Jessica Jones.
David John McDonald
Bathgate, West Lothian, Scotland, United Kingdom
David attended Ralston Primary School and Paisley Grammar School. He later studied at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama for 3 years.
Actor, Voice Actor
- Father – Alexander McDonald (Minister)
- Mother – Helen McLeod
- Siblings – Blair McDonald (Brother), Karen McDonald (Sister)
- Others – Alexander M. McDonald (Paternal Grandfather), Jessie Helen Low (Paternal Grandmother), Archibald M. McLeod (Maternal Grandfather), Nellie Blair (Maternal Grandmother)
David is represented by Independent Talent Group Ltd.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
David has dated –
- Sophia Myles (2005-2007) – David started dating actress Sophia Myles after they met at the set of Doctor Who: “The Girl in the Fireplace” in 2005. They dated for almost 2 years before breaking up in 2007.
- Kylie Minogue (2007) – David was rumored to be dating actress and singer Kylie Minogue in 2007 during the filming of the TV series, Doctor Who.
- Georgia Tennant (2008-Present) – David first met Georgia on the sets of Doctor Who, which starred her in the episode “The Doctor’s Daughter”. The couple dated for some time before finally getting married on December 30, 2011. They raise 4 children together named Ty, Olive, Doris, and Wilfred, one of whom is Georgia’s child from a previous relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Scottish and Ulster-Scots ancestry.
- Light stubble
- Tall height
David Tennant has served as the brand ambassador for Virgin Media.
Best Known For
His portrayal of the Tenth Doctor in the famous British television series Doctor Who and playing Barty Crouch, Jr. in the film Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
David made his first theatrical film debut in Jude as a Drunk Undergraduate in 1996.
As a voice actor, he made his theatrical film debut as Hamish in Free Jimmy in 2006.
First TV Show
David made his first TV show appearance in Dramarama as Neil McDonald in 1988.
As a voice actor, he made his TV show debut by lending his voice to the character of the Doctor in Totally Doctor Who in 2006.
David Tennant Favorite Things
- Director – Aaron Sorkin
- TV Show – The West Wing
- Doctor Who Doctor – Peter Davison
- Actress – Audrey Hepburn
- Book – The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
- Doctor Who Character – The Zygons
- Band – The Proclaimers
- Singer – Madonna
Source – Mental Floss, IMDb
David Tennant Facts
- He expressed his wish to become an actor to his parents at the age of 3 when he was greatly inspired by Doctor Who. At that time, his parents were not very thrilled by his desire to act and they encouraged him to go into the conventional field.
- He had seen every episode of Doctor Who as a child and even met Tom Baker, the actor who played Doctor Who at the time, at a book-signing event in Glasgow.
- David was first scouted for acting by Scottish actress Edith MacArthur who saw him act at the age of 11 and told his parents that he would be a great stage actor.
- He went through an audition for Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama at the age of 16 and studied acting there from 17 to 20 years of age.
- His stage name Tennant was inspired by Pet Shop Boys frontman Neil Tennant. He later had to legally change his name to Tennant as per Screen Actors Guild rules.
- He was named the 3rd best-dressed man by British GQ readers in 2013.
- David is not active on social media.
Featured Image by vagueonthehow / Flickr / CC BY-2.0