|Tinie Tempah Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||November 7, 1988|
||Eve De Haan|
Tinie Tempah is a British rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer, and television presenter. He was signed to Parlophone Records in 2009 and he has released albums, EPs, mixtapes, and songs like Disc-Overy, Demonstration, Youth, Hood Economics Room 147, Happy Birthday, Junk Food, Written in the Stars (ft. Eric Turner), Children of the Sun (ft. John Martin), Girls Like (ft. Zara Larsson), Lover Not a Fighter (ft. Labrinth), Diamonds (with Martin Garrix and Julian Jordan), Love Me Like This (ft. Maia Wright), Mamacita (ft. Wizkid), Text from Your Ex (ft. Tinashe), Till I’m Gone (ft. Wiz Khalifa), Wonderman (ft. Ellie Goulding), and Not Letting Go (ft. Jess Glynne).
Patrick Chukwuemeka Okogwu
Plumstead, London, England, United Kingdom
Tinie attended St. Paul’s Catholic School in Abbey Wood.
After earning 10 GCSEs, Tempah enrolled himself at St. Francis Xavier Sixth Form College to take A-Levels in media psychology, studies, and religious studies.
He has expressed his desire to study more, once, his financial status is improved. He would like to study either music management or some arbitrary subject like physics.
Rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer, television presenter
- Father – Frank Okogwu
- Mother – Rosemary Okogwu
- Siblings – Kelly (Younger Sister), Marian (Younger Sister), Kelvin (Younger Brother)
He has been signed with Disturbing London, Record Label, London, England, United Kingdom.
British hip hop, hip hop, grime, electronic, drum and bass, dance-pop, funk, UK rap
Vocals, keyboards, sampler, drums, synthesizer
Parlophone, Disturbing London
His net worth had been $3 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
78 kg or 172 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tinie Tempah has dated –
- Yasmin Zarine Shahmir (2010-2011) – In 2010, he started going out with singer, songwriter, and DJ Yasmin Zarine Shahmir but the duo broke up the following year.
- Georgia Salpa (2012) – In 2012, after meeting Irish glamour model, Georgia Salpa at the BRIT Awards, they dated for a while.
- Daisy Lowe (2012) – He also had an affair with fashion model Daisy Lowe in the year 2012.
- Eve De Haan – He has been in a relationship with Eve De Haan, the daughter of Sir Roger De Haan, former owner of Saga plc, and Marie Lyvie Goder. Tinie Tempah and Eve welcomed their first child together, a daughter, in 2018. On July 4, 2019, the duo got married and their 2nd child was born in 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
Tinie Tempah is of Igbo Nigerian descent.
Wears shorts on many of the stage shows
He was announced as the ambassador for the National Citizen Service (NCS) charity in 2015.
He has appeared in the Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG advert.
He once said, “I definitely believe in God. I pray as much as possible. I think it’s imperative to have faith or religion, because it’s good to have morals, to be kind to others”.
Best Known For
His catchy lyrics and flawless fashion sense.
He is known for his debut hit single “Pass Out,” released in February 2010.
He released his debut album Disc-Overy on October 1, 2010, by Parlophone Records. It reached the status of “2x Platinum” in England and peaked at #1 in the UK music chart.
The album contains 13 singles in standard edition making it just under 45 minutes long.
In 2014, he appeared in the comedy TV movie The Feeling Nuts Comedy Night as himself.
First TV Show
He has made several guest appearances on television shows such as The Graham Norton Show, The X Factor, and others.
Though, his first TV appearance was in 2007 in ITV News London as himself (special thanks) in an episode titled “Put the Knives & Guns Down.”
He goes to the gym and works out with a trainer, Ruben Tabares who assists Tinie in his diet, exercise, and overall well-being. Ruben has also trained P Diddy in workouts.
It is with Ruben’s help that Tinie turned buff.
For his health and skin, he uses little to no chemicals and relies more on coconut oil, which can be used for cooking, as hair oil, etc. Once a week, Tinie also takes steam. Further, he spends a lot of time in the sun. As a result, vitamin D and serotonin from the sun aids him to add glow to the skin and fights stress, and in turn, keep him happy.
Tinie Tempah Favorite Things
- Food – Seafood, pounded yam along with egusi soup
- TV Show – Luther (2010-2015)
- Cuisine – Nigerian
- Nigerian Restaurants in London – 805 Restaurant, Presidential Suya Grill
- Shops – A.P.C., Acne, Junya Watanabe, Sainsbury’s
- Comedian – Frankie Boyle
- Magician – Dynamo
- London Street for Shopping – Carnaby Street
- London based Pub – The Gun in Coldharbour, Docklands
Source – The Guardian, Standard, Twitter
Tinie Tempah Facts
- Tinie cites Dizzee Rascal and So Solid Crew as his music influencers.
- Tinie’s career started in 2005.
- Tinie Tempah, in general, means “tiny temper.” He used a thesaurus to find the synonym of the word “angry” and found “temper” and modified it to tempah to sound rather more aggressive.
- Magic is his guilty pleasure.
- In his 2011 single “Invincible,” Kelly Rowland can be seen being featured.
- His parents are from Ibusa, Delta State, Nigeria.
- He started his career with the group, Aftershock Hooligans in 2005. He, together with the group recorded many songs (more than 100).
- He takes 30 to 45 minutes to get ready for a big night out. He admitted in an interview with Mirror that he generally takes more time in the bathroom than his girlfriends do.
- He has done a photoshoot with model Naomi Campbell to appear alongside her in Vogue magazine.
- At school, he was quite average in his studies. He wasn’t a science person but was more into history (English history) and good at Drama.
- If he were a king, he would pass a law that would give more pay to teachers, doctors, and nurses.
- He once had sex with a groupie while her mom was waiting outside.
- If he is given a chance to become a woman for 24 hours, he would like to become either Beyoncé or Michelle Obama.
- He has appeared in the music video of Swedish House Mafia‘s “Miami 2 Ibiza.”