|Tinashe Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||February 6, 1993|
Tinashe is an American singer, songwriter, dancer, record producer, and actress who was a member of the pop girl group the Stunners from 2007 and 2011. She has gained popularity with the release of her discography that includes albums, mixtapes, extended plays, and songs which include Aquarius, Joyride, Songs for You, Nightride, In Case We Die, Amethyst, Comfort & Joy, Dance Like Nobody’s Watching (with Iggy Azalea), Me So Bad (featuring French Montana and Ty Dolla $ign), Company, Save Room For Us (featuring MAKJ), and Die a Little Bit (featuring Ms. Banks). Moreover, she has also been cast in a variety of shows and movies including Out of Jimmy’s Head, Two and a Half Men, Dancing with the Stars, The Polar Express, Akeelah and the Bee, and Call Me Claus.
Tinashe Jorgenson Kachingwe
Tinashe (pronounced as Tee-NAH-shay)
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Tinashe attended a public school until grade 9. But, faced the problem of bullying.
Tinashe was educated at Crescenta Valley High School. She finished her schooling earlier in order to pursue a full-time music career.
She has not attended any college.
Singer, songwriter, record producer, actress, director, and dancer
- Father – Michael Kachingwe
- Mother – Aimie Kachingwe
- Siblings – Thulani Kachingwe (Younger Brother), Kudzai Kachingwe (Younger Brother)
- Others – Michael Fitzgerald (Maternal Grandfather), Patricia Jorgensen (Maternal Grandmother)
Tinashe has been signed with CESD Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States.
R&B, Pop, Alternative R&B
RCA Records, Roc Nation
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Tinashe has dated –
- Eve (2000-2005) – Rapper Eve and Tinashe dated each other for about 5 years from 2000 to 2005.
- Chris Brown – Singers Tinashe and Chris Brown had hooked up in the past.
- Ty Dolla Sign (2015) – In 2015, Tinashe worked with rapper Ty Dolla Sign on his song “Drop That Kitty” and hence dated briefly.
- Calvin Harris (2016) – It was RUMORed that she had a fling with Scottish DJ, record producer, singer, and songwriter Calvin Harris in July 2016.
- Ben Simmons (2017-2018) – In November 2017, Tinashe started dating the basketball player, Ben Simmons. There is a gap of more than a feel between the two. They remained together for nearly 6 months and called it quits in May 2018. Tinashe’s brothers blamed Ben for having cheated on their sister.
Race / Ethnicity
Tinashe’s father is from Zimbabwe and she has Norwegian, Danish, and Irish ancestry on her mother’s side.
- Curly hair
- Body curves
- Cute smile
36-26-34 in or 91.5-66-87 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU)
8 (US) or 5.5 (UK) or 38.5 (EU)
Tinashe has appeared in TV commercials for Proactiv X Out, a product for treating the acne problem.
Best Known For
Tinashe gained popularity when she appeared in the TV series Two and a Half Men (2003-2015) as Celeste Burnett. She is also known for releasing a couple of mixtapes including In Case We Die, Reverie, and Black Water.
Tinashe’s first album was titled Aquarius released by RCA records. Aquarius contains 18 tracks with a total running time of 55 minutes and 43 seconds. She is one of the executive producers of the album, which charted at #2 in the USA’s R&B albums list.
Tinashe had her movie debut in 2000 when she appeared in Cora Unashamed as Josephine. It was a TV film.
However, she got her first featured role in the comedy-drama movie Masked and Anonymous in 2003 where she portrayed Mrs. Brown’s Daughter.
First TV Show
As an actress, Tinashe first appeared in the animated TV series Rocket Power in 2004 for her voice role as Leilani Makani.
Tinashe is in such a great physical shape, we can definitely see it in each and every picture. Her body curves are simply amazing.
This beautiful singer already said that she loves to be fit and that most of the girls who are of her age are complaining and often finding excuses about exercising.
As we already know, Tinashe is a dancer too, so she personally loves the “dancing” type of workout. Almost every day, Tinashe spends time practicing her on-stage movements along with her improvised hip hop moves.
She stated that by dancing, she burns each and every calorie she enters during the day and gets an intense cardio workout too.
Besides dancing, Tinashe visits the gym 3 days a week for 3 full-body workout sessions.
Below, we bring a sample workout of Tinashe’s weightlifting program –
- Forward Lunges – 3 x 12
- Side Lunges – 2 x 6 (per leg)
- Backward Lunges – 2 x 6 (per leg)
- Biceps Curl – 3 x 15
- Triceps Skullcrusher – 3 x 15
- Lateral Raises – 3 x 15
- DB Squat – 3 x 12
- DB Deadlift – 3 x 10
- Hamstring Curl – 3 x 10
- DB Calf Raises – 3 x 20
Mixed – Chest, Back, Shoulder, Biceps
- DB Chest Press – 3 x 10-12
- DB Arnold Press – 3 x 12
- DB Row – 3 x 8 (per arm)
- DB Biceps Curl – 3 x 10 (10 per arm)
- Pushups – 3 x 10
Cycle 1 – Repeat the cycle for 15 minutes non-stop
- BodyWeight Squat – 20 repetitions
- BodyWeight Lunges – 20 repetitions
- BodyWeight Push-ups – 5 repetitions
Cycle 2 – Repeat the cycle for 4 rounds nonstop
- Plank Hold – 30 seconds
- Side Plank Hold – 20 seconds (x 2 sides)
- Chin Up Hold – 10-20 seconds
- Push Up Position Hold – 40 seconds
- Glute Bridge Hold – 30-45 seconds
Tuesday / Thursday / Saturday
As for her diet, Tinashe avoids processed and fast food, despite her love for French fries.
Vegetables are part of her biggest daily meals – Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. She points to these veggies as the key to her beautiful figure.
Tinashe Favorite Things
- Artist – Dev Hynes
- Food – French Fries
- TV Show – Girls
- Movie – Into the Wild (2007)
- Exercise Routine – Dancing
Source – StereoGum.com, Twitter.com, Viva.co.nz
- Tinashe started modeling and acting when she was only 3 years old.
- Her debut song “2 On” was #1 on the Rhythmic Top 40 list for 4 weeks and was also at #24 on the US Billboard Hot 100 list.
- At the age of 4, Tinashe started studying tap, ballet, and jazz dancing. She took part in several dance competitions as a part of a dance academy until 18 years of age.
- She acted alongside Tom Hanks in the movie The Polar Express (2004).
- Her name Tinashe means “We are with God” in the Shona language.
- She speaks the Shona language fluently.
- She has never gone to a prom.
- She was also bullied in school like Demi Lovato and many other celebs.
- From 2007 to 2008, she played the role of Robin Wheeler in the live-action animated television series, Out of Jimmy’s Head, and for this performance, she was nominated for a Young Artist Award for “Best Supporting Young Actress”.
- Tinashe and her family relocated to live in Los Angeles, California when she was 8.
- Tinashe joined the girl group The Stunners in 2007. The group released numerous singles and was signed with Columbia Records. The Stunners planned to release an album, but that didn’t happen because the group got split in 2011.
- On July 13, 2012, she signed a deal with RCA records.
- Tinashe got inspiration from her parents who used to play music when she was young.
- Tinashe’s biggest inspiration is Christina Aguilera. Besides Christina, she cites Michael Jackson, Beyonce, Sade, and Janet Jackson as other artists that influenced her.
- In 2015, she was living together with her parents in a house in Los Angeles where she had a bedroom studio.
- She showcased her support for Armenians in regard to the Nagorno-Karabakh war by posting a message on social media in October 2020.
- On November 25, 2020, Tinashe released a special Christmas-themed EP, Comfort & Joy for her fans.
- In June 2021, she collaborated with rapper Buddy for the single, Pasadena.
- In August 2021, she released her new album titled 333.
- In July 2022, Tinashe, Calvin Harris, Normani, and Offset released a new song titled New To You.