|Lil Jon Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||January 17, 1971|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Lil Jon is an American rapper, DJ, hype man, songwriter, and record producer who served as the frontman of the rap group Lil Jon & the East Side Boyz. The group went on to release several albums such as Get Crunk, Who U Wit: Da Album, We Still Crunk!, Put Yo Hood Up, Kings of Crunk, and Crunk Juice. In addition to that, Lil Jon has also released several tracks which include Turn Down for What (with DJ Snake), Snap Yo Fingers (ft. E-40 and Sean P), Act a Fool (ft. Three 6 Mafia), I Do (ft. Snoop Dogg and Swizz Beatz), Give It All U Got (ft. Kee), Ms. Chocolate (ft. R. Kelly and Mario), Hey (ft. 3OH!3), Machuka (ft. Mr. Catra and Mulher Filé), Mutate (with Sidney Samson), Drink (ft. LMFAO), Bend Ova (ft. Tyga), My Cutie Pie (ft. T-Pain, Snoop Dogg, and Problem), Get Loose, Take It Off (ft. Yandel and Becky G), In The Pit (ft. Skellism and Terror Bass), Alive (ft. Offset and 2 Chainz), Bang (with Nghtmre and Shaq), and Ain’t No Tellin’ (with Mac Dre). Moreover, Lil Jon has been a part of various shows and movies like Soul Plane, Date Movie, Scary Movie 4, Volcano High, All of Us, Wild ‘n Out, The Rap Game, The Celebrity Apprentice, Hell’s Kitchen, Ridiculousness, Comedy Bang! Bang!, and The Bachelorette.
Jonathan Henry Smith
The King of Crunk, Lil Jizzel, Lil Jon
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Lil Jon went to the Frederick Douglass High School in Atlanta. He eventually graduated from high school in 1989 and got enrolled at St. Joseph’s University in Philadelphia. He studied at the university for 2 years.
Rapper, Record Producer, DJ, Hype Man, Songwriter
- Mother – Carrie Smith-Williams
- Siblings – Chris Smith (Brother), Willie Smith (Brother)
Lil Jon has been represented by –
- Skam Artist, Inc. (Talent Management Company)
- Royal Agency, Inc.
Hip-hop, Crunk, Trap, Southern hip hop
Vocals, Keyboard, Synthesizer, Drum Machine, Sampler
- BME Recordings
- Universal Republic
- Little Jonathan Inc.
His net worth has been $30 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lil Jon has dated –
- Mya – He was romantically involved with singer, songwriter, dancer, and actor Mya in the past.
- Christina Milian – He once dated actor, singer, and songwriter Christina Milian.
- Julianna Rose Mauriello – He reportedly had an affair with actor Julianna Rose Mauriello in the past.
- Nicole Smith – In 2004, Lil Jon married his long-time girlfriend Nicole Smith in a lavish ceremony held at Wyndham El Conquistador Resort and Golden Door Spa in Fajardo, Puerto Rico. They also have a son named Nathan Smith (b. 1998), who is a hockey player.
Race / Ethnicity
He has African American ancestry.
- Dreadlocks Hairstyle
- Often wears shades
- Diamond encrusted teeth
Lil Jon has appeared in TV commercials for the following brands –
- Bud Light
- Radio Shack
Best Known For
- Being the founder and frontman of the rap group, Lil Jon & the East Side Boyz, who are best known for collaborating with a host of popular hip-hop artists such as Krayzie Bone, Usher, and Ludacris
- The popularity of his single, Turn Down for What, which managed to reach as high as the 4th spot on Billboard Hot 100 and was certified 5x ‘Platinum’ by the RIAA. DJ Snake had collaborated on the single.
- Having appeared in a couple of seasons of the popular reality TV show, Celebrity Apprentice
In June 2010, he released his debut solo studio album, Crunk Rock, which went on to reach the 5th position on the US rap charts.
His debut studio album with The East Side Boyz was Get Crunk, Who U Wit: Da Album, which was released in October 1997 and was a moderate success.
In 2004, he made his theatrical film debut in the comedy movie, Soul Plane.
First TV Show
In 2003, Lil Jon made his first TV show appearance in the Voodoo That You Do… with Hobbits! episode of Player$.
Lil Jon Favorite Things
- NHL Team – Vegas Golden Knights
- College Football Team – University of Tennessee Volunteers
- TV Show – The Walking Dead
- Influences – 8Ball & MJG, 2 Live Crew, OutKast, Three 6 Mafia, UGK, Geto Boys, Dr. Dre, N.W.A, Sir Mix-A-Lot
- Food – Mediterranean
- Apps – Postmates, GrubHub, and Eat24
- Fictional Villain – Heath Ledger’s The Joker
- Karaoke Song – Get Low
- Nicolas Cage Movie – Face/Off
- Spot At Dubai – Catch Dubai
- Fast Food Joint – Fatburger
- Book – Art Of War
Source – Wikipedia, Engadget.com, Syracuse, TimeOutDubai.com, Reddit.com
Lil Jon Facts
- In 2000, he launched his own record label, BME Recordings. He inked a distribution deal with Georgia-based Norcross Music Distribution.
- In 2006, he announced that he had ended his record deal with TVT. He alleged that the owner of the record label, Steve Gottlieb, was shortchanging him.
- In 2013, he collaborated with Zumba Fitness to start a new nightclub tour known as Zumba Nightclub Series. As a part of the deal, he also created Work single for Zumba Fitness.
- In 2007, he managed to find a place in the Guinness Book of World Records by wearing the biggest diamond pendant, which was 7.5 inches tall, 6 inches wide, 1 inch thick, and weighed 5.11 lbs. It was worth $500,000 and was encrusted with 73 carats of diamonds.
- He created his own drink by the name of Crunk Juice, which was essentially an energy drink that was infused with alcohol. Apparently, the drink was as strong as wine and UK police had to issue a warning for the drink.
- In 2008, he announced his new venture Lil Jonathan’s Winery. His winery had a collection of merlot and chardonnay wines.
- In October 2015, he launched his exclusive app, VEXT, which allowed users to create a video clip using video and soundboard-style clips, which could be easily shared via an SMS.
- He has also participated in the 11th and 13th seasons of the popular show, Celebrity Apprentice. He was placed at the 4th position in the 11th season and 3rd position in the 13th season.
- After returning from St. Joseph’s University, he started performing as a DJ in many Georgia-based hip-hop clubs.
- From 1993 to 2000, he worked as an A and R (artists and repertoire) executive with So So Def Recordings, which gave him an opportunity to learn the music industry inside out.
Featured Image by Luke Ford / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 2.5