|Jessica Williams Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||July 31, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jessica Williams is an American actress, theatre artist, voice artist, comedian, writer, and producer who is known for appearing as a senior correspondent on The Daily Show and as cohost of the podcast 2 Dope Queens. She is also known for having been cast in roles such as Vida Atwood in the Nickelodeon comedy series Just for Kicks, Mia Hines in the HBO Max romantic comedy anthology series Love Life, Gaby in the comedy-drama television series Shrinking, and Lally Hicks in the fantasy films Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald and Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore. In addition to that, Jessica Williams has been a part of a variety of other projects including Delivery Man, Crying in Public, People Places Things, Hot Tub Time Machine 2, The Twilight Zone, Tap Shoes & Violins, Girls, The Incredible Jessica James, I Heart Arlo, Corporate Animals, Booksmart, Omniboat: A Fast Boat Fantasia, Entergalactic, and 2 Dope Queens.
Jessica Renee Williams
Los Angeles County, California, United States
Jessica Williams studied at Nathaniel Narbonne High School located in the Harbor City area of Los Angeles, California. Later, she attended California State University, Long Beach (CSULB), a public research university in Long Beach, California.
Actress, Voice Artist, Comedian, Writer, Producer, Theatre Artist
- Others – Raymond Reynolds (Maternal Grandfather), Marsha Annette Strickland (Maternal Grandmother)
Jessica Williams has been signed with United Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
6 ft or 183 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jessica Williams has dated –
- Blaine Spesak (2015-2019) – She was in a relationship with photographer Blaine Spesak from 2015 to 2019. He passed away in 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
Jessica Williams is of African-American descent.
Jessica Williams Facts
- She made her first TV show appearance as Vida Atwood (a sporty athletic serious girl who has a lot in common with her soccer mate Lauren Zelmer) in the comedy television series Just for Kicks in 2006.
- Alongside Jemaine Clement, Regina Hall, Stephanie Allynne, and Michael Chernus, Jessica Williams co-starred as Kat in the 2015 comedy film People Places Things.
- She was cast in the titular role in the 2017 romantic comedy film The Incredible Jessica James and the Guardian described her character as “a struggling Brooklyn-based playwright navigating the murky waters of modern romance while waiting impatiently for her big break.”
- Jessica Williams brought to life the character of Lally Hicks (a teacher of Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry who contacts Flamel) in the 2018 fantasy film Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald, starring Eddie Redmayne, Katherine Waterston, Dan Fogler, Alison Sudol, Ezra Miller, Zoë Kravitz, Callum Turner, Claudia Kim, Jude Law, and Johnny Depp.
- She started appearing as Mia Hines in the 2nd season of the romantic comedy anthology series Love Life in 2021. Jessica co-starred in the show alongside Anna Kendrick, Zoë Chao, Peter Vack, Sasha Compère, William Jackson Harper, Comedian CP, and Punkie Johnson.
- She has frequently performed at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre in Los Angeles, California.
- In 2023, Jessica Williams started playing the role of Gaby (a fellow therapist working with Jimmy at the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Center) in the Apple TV+ comedy-drama series Shrinking. Her co-stars for the project included Jason Segel, Luke Tennie, Michael Urie, Lukita Maxwell, Christa Miller, and Harrison Ford.
Featured Image by Sarah E. Freeman/Grady College / Flickr / CC BY 2.0