|Jemaine Clement Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||January 10, 1974|
Jemaine Clement is a New Zealander actor, voice actor, comedian, musician, singer, director, producer, and writer who is one-half of the musical comedy duo Flight of the Conchords. Formed in 1998, the duo has released multiple albums including The Distant Future, Flight of the Conchords, Live in London, and I Told You I Was Freaky. Over the years, Jemaine Clement has been cast in various movies like Gentlemen Broncos, Rio, Men in Black 3, Futile Attraction, Despicable Me, People Places Things, The Lego Batman Movie, Moana, An Evening with Beverly Luff Linn, DC League Of Super-Pets, I Used to Go Here, Humor Me, Predicament, and Diagnosis: Death. He is also known for playing Oliver Bird in the superhero series Legion, This Guy (voice) in the animated adventure comedy series Tig n’ Seek, Julian Renaut in the comedy-drama series Divorce, and Lou (voice) in the family series Kiri and Lou.
Jemaine Atea Mahana Clement
Hiphopopotamus, J-Dog, Mad Dog
Masterton, Wellington, New Zealand
Wellington, New Zealand
Jemaine Clement studied at Makoura College in Masterton and then studied drama and film at Victoria University of Wellington.
Actor, Voice Actor, Comedian, Musician, Singer, Director, Producer, Writer
- Father – Robert Clement (Worked at the freezing works)
- Mother – Merianne
- Siblings – He has 2 younger brothers.
- Others – Eric Clement (Paternal Grandfather), Kathleen Joan Gottschalk (Paternal Grandmother), Louis George “Eddie” McArdell (Maternal Grandfather), Maikara Makere “Mai” Te Whaiti (Maternal Grandmother)
Jemaine Clement has been signed with United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
- Music – Comedy, Folk, Acoustic
- Comedy – Observational Comedy, Satire, Black Comedy, Self-deprecation, Cringe Comedy, Deadpan
Bass Guitar, Guitar, Percussion, Keyboards, Ukulele, Omnichord, Drums, Xylophone, Accordion, Vocals
Stand-up, Film, Television, Theatre, Books
Race Relations, Human Sexuality
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth has been $6 Million.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jemaine Clement has dated –
- Miranda Manasiadis (2008-Present) – He got married to his longtime girlfriend Miranda Manasiadis in August 2008 and the duo was blessed with a son named Sophocles Iraia in October 2008. He is named after Manasiadis’s Greek great-grandfather Sophocles and Clement’s tīpuna Iraia Te Ama-o-te-rangi Te Whaiti.
Race / Ethnicity
Jemaine Clement is of Māori (about one quarter), Irish, English, Northern Irish, Jersey (Channel Islander), German, French, and Scottish descent.
Salt and Pepper
- Black-rimmed glasses
- New Zealand accent
Jemaine Clement appeared in a TV commercial for Outback Steakhouse in 2006.
He did a Dierctv commercial in 2015.
Jemaine Clement Facts
- He was raised by his mother and grandmother in a working-class family.
- His father struggled with alcoholism and left the family when Jemaine was a child. They later reconnected when Jemaine was an adult and have enjoyed a “strong and loving” relationship.
- Alongside Michael Angarano, Jennifer Coolidge, and Sam Rockwell, Jemaine Clement co-starred as Dr. Ronald Chevalier in the 2009 comedy film Gentlemen Broncos and this role earned him an Independent Spirit Award nomination for “Best Supporting Male”.
- He provided vocals to the character of Nigel (a sadistic sulphur-crested cockatoo who used to be a TV star) in the 2011 3D computer-animated musical adventure comedy film Rio. For this performance, Jemaine was nominated for an Annie Award in the “Voice Acting in a Feature Production” category.
- He co-created the sitcom Flight of the Conchord for which he received 6 Primetime Emmy nominations.
Featured Image by Government House (New Zealand) / New Zealand Government / CC BY 4.0