|Bernie Mac Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2¾ in|
|Date of Birth||October 5, 1957|
|Date of Death||August 9, 2008|
Bernie Mac was a well-known American comedian known for his observational comedy and his thoughts of wisdom. He had his own Fox network show titled The Bernie Mac Show, which made him popular in the industry. His acts are still a treat to watch and are followed by many. He marked his comedy as a reflection of his pain.
Bernard Jeffrey McCullough
Bernie Mac was born on October 5, 1957.
He died at the age of 50 on August 9, 2008, in Chicago, Illinois, United States. The cause of his death was Sarcoidosis.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Washington Memory Gardens, Homewood, Illinois, United States
He attended Chicago Vocational High School, Chicago, United States. He later moved to Tampa, Florida and got enrolled in Jesuit High School. After that, he attended Chicago Vocational and graduated in 1975.
Comedian, Actor, and Voice Actor
- Father – Jeffery Harrison
- Mother – Mary McCullough
6 ft 2¾ in or 190 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bernie Mac has dated –
- Rhonda Gore (1977-Present) – Bernie married his high school girlfriend Rhonda Gore after dating her for 8 months in September 1977. They later became parents to a daughter named Ja’Niece McCollough (b. 1978). Rhonda remarried after the death of her first husband to Horace Gilmore.
Race / Ethnicity
He was of African-American descent.
- Tall height
- Fun-loving person
- Often used to wear a hat
Bernie had endorsed the following brands –
- Pepsi (2003)
- Nike (2003)
- Got Milk? (Print Ads) (2003-2004)
Best Known For
His show The Bernie Mac Show and his role in the film Ocean’s Eleven (2001) as Frank Catton
He made his theatrical film debut as Spectator in Ice Castles in 1978.
As a voice actor, he made his theatrical film debut as Zuba in Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa in 2008.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as ‘Himself’ on Def Comedy Jam in 1992.
As a voice actor, he made his TV show debut by lending his voice for the character of Mack on the show, King of the Hill in 2003.
Bernie Mac Facts
- In his late 20s, he had worked numerous jobs such as janitor, coach, professional mover, cook, bus driver, Sears delivery man, furniture mover, and UPS agent.
- Bernie was raised by his mother and grandparents.
- His mother died of cancer when he was 16 years old. After his mother’s death in 1973, he moved to Tampa, Florida.
- He started as a comedian at Chicago’s Cotton Club.
- He had appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show several times.
- Bernie was offered his own show by Fox network in 2001 titled The Bernie Mac Show and it aired for 104 episodes from 2001 to 2006.
- He was a close friend of popular comedian, Robin Harris.
- He appeared in the 1994 film House Party 3 as Uncle Vester.
- In the year 1983, Bernie was diagnosed with Sarcoidosis, which had affected his lungs deeply. In his duration of illness, he wanted to leave back awareness about Sarcoidosis. Thus, Bernie Mac Foundation was founded before his death that works on spreading awareness of Sarcoidosis
- Bernie had released popular books including Maybe You Never Cry Again (2003) and I Ain’t Scared of You: Bernie Mac on How Life Is (2001).
- He was a White Sox baseball team’s fan.
- In February 2017, Bernie was included at the 41st spot in the “50 Best Stand-Up Comics of All Time” list by Rolling Stone.
- Bernie was the last surviving member of his immediate family.
- He was not active on social media.
Featured Image by uegmusic / Flickr / CC BY-SA 3.0