|Noor Tagouri Quick Info
|5 ft 8 in
|Date of Birth
|November 27, 1993
Noor Tagouri is an American journalist and model known for having graced the cover of popular publications like Forbes, CNN, Time, Fox News, and Washington Post. She has done endorsement work for numerous brands like Randy’s Donuts, Lisn Up Clothing, and Milk Bar Store. Noor has a huge social media fan base with more than 500k followers on Instagram, more than 100k followers on Twitter, and more than 200k followers on Facebook. She also has a self-titled YouTube channel with more than 30k subscribers.
West Virginia, United States
Washington, DC, United States
Noor Tagouri went to the La Plata High School. She has also attended a private Muslim high school.
After graduating from high school, she got enrolled at the Prince George’s Community College and managed to graduate with a 4.0-grade point average and Highest Honors. During her stay at college, she was included in the Dean’s List and got Honors Citation as well.
She also earned a full merit scholarship to the University of Maryland as part of the Transfer Academic Excellence Scholarship. She majored in broadcast journalism from the university.
- Father – Yahia Tagouri
- Mother – Salwa Tagouri
Noor Tagouri is represented by William Morris Endeavor Entertainment.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Noor Tagouri has dated –
- Adam Khafif (2016-Present) – Noor first met clothing designer Adam Khafif at an event where he was selling t-shirts from his brand, Lisn Up Clothing. Noor was a fan of his designs and was already wearing one of his products. They became good friends after the event. A couple of years later, Khafif got in touch with her over collaboration for #TheNoorEffect project, a line created to tackle s*x trafficking. The project also marked the start of their relationship. In November 2016, they got engaged. They got married in an elegant and intimate wedding ceremony held at the Palms Hotel in Miami in May 2017. The actual wedding ceremony was held on the sand at the beach.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Libyan ancestry. Both her parents had immigrated from Libya to the United States.
- Wears a hijab
- Beautiful eyes
Noor Tagouri has used her social media presence to promote a number of products and brands such as –
- The Modist (Fashion Brand)
- Randy’s Donuts
- Lisn Up Clothing
- Milk Bar Store
Best Known For
- Being the first hijab-wearing Muslim woman to be featured in the iconic Playboy magazine. She was featured in magazine’s Renegades issue that focused on 8 men and women, who rewrote rules for the good.
- Being featured in the established publications and channels such as Forbes, CNN, Time, New York Times, Fox News, and Washington Post
In 2015, she made her theatrical film debut in the comedy-drama movie, American Sharia.
First TV Show
In May 2015, Noor Tagouri made her first TV show appearance on the French talk show, Le grand journal de Canal+.
Noor Tagouri Favorite Things
- Inspirations – Anderson Cooper, Lisa Ling, Christiane Amanpour, and Soledad O’Brien
Noor Tagouri Facts
- She holds the distinction of being the youngest graduate (18 years old) to be selected as the ‘Student Commencement Speaker’ at Commencement Exercises of Prince George’s Community College.
- While studying in college, she was president of the Muslim Student Association. She also served as the association’s public relations representative.
- In college, she founded the Green N’ Fit club. She also served as the president of the club.
- She had a membership of the Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society while she was studying at the Prince George’s Community College.
- While in college, she used to work as a writer for The Owl student newspaper. She also worked as a math tutor.
- In 2014, she reportedly got in a tussle with Lou Ann Zelenik, a Republican Party candidate for Congress in 2010, at the Tennessee courtroom. Zelenik and her supporters had accused former Islamic Center board member of promoting terrorism and opposed the construction of Islamic Centre in the city.
- She got an opportunity to kickstart her journalism career with an internship at CBS radio, which helped her get bigger and better gigs in radio and TV.
- Noor has produced a short documentary, The Trouble They’ve Seen: The Forest Haven Story, which focuses on the mistreatment of people suffering from mental disabilities.
- She got widespread critical acclaim with her work in investigative documentary, Sold in America, which focussed on the s*x trade in the US. The documentary was made available on Hulu, Amazon, and Facebook Watch.
- She has revealed in her interviews that she had to endure a case of s*xual violence at the age of 12.
- In April 2015, she gave a speech at the TEDxFoggyBottom event held at the George Washington University.
- She has done extensive activism work for Cash and Rocket, which aims to raise funds for the charities all over the world. They especially focus on battling women-related causes.
- Visit her official website @ noortagouri.com.
- Follow her on Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Noor Tagouri / Instagram