|Russell Simmons Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||October 4, 1957|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Russell Simmons is an American entrepreneur, record executive, writer, and film producer who is best known as the co-founder of the iconic hip-hop record label Def Jam Recordings. He has also created the clothing/fashion lines Phat Farm, Argyleculture, and Tantris. In 2017 and 2018, he was accused of s*xual misconduct by several women after which he was forced to step down from his position at Def Jam Recordings.
Russell Wendell Simmons
Hollis, Queens, New York City, New York, United States
He splits his time between Bali, Lesser Sunda Islands, Indonesia, and Los Angeles, California, United States.
Russell had graduated, in 1975, from the August Martin High School, a public school in South Jamaica, Queens. He had then briefly attended the City College of New York, a public college in Harlem, Manhattan.
Entrepreneur, Record Executive, Writer, Film Producer
- Father – Daniel Simmons Sr. (Public School Administrator, History Professor, Poet)
- Mother – Evelyn Simmons (Teacher, Painter, Park Administrator)
- Siblings – Joseph Ward Simmons aka Rev. Run (Younger Brother) (DJ, Rapper, Actor, Music Producer, Practicing Christian Minister, Co-Founder of the influential Hip Hop group Run–D.M.C.), Daniel ‘Danny’ Simmons Jr. (Older Brother) (Artist, Painter)
- Others – Jamel Simmons (Nephew) (Rapper, Actor, Designer), Mia Kaylee Simmons (Grand Niece), Ava Marie Jean Wayans (Grand Niece), Sutton Joseph Tennyson (Grand Nephew), Valerie Vaughn (Ex-Sister-in-Law) (Teacher, Educationist), Vanessa Jean Simmons (Niece) (TV Personality), Angela Simmons (Niece) (Actress, Producer, Fashion/Shoe Designer), Joseph ‘JoJo’ Ward Simmons, Jr. (Nephew) (Rapper), Justine Simmons (Sister-in-Law) (Actress), Daniel Dwayne ‘Diggy’ Simmons III (Nephew) (Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, Actor, Model), Russell ‘Russy’ Simmons II (Nephew), Victoria Anne Simmons (Niece) (Deceased), Miley Justine Simmons (Niece), Vernon Whitlock Jr. (Ex-Father-in-Law) (Former Federal Marshal), Joanne Perkins aka Joanne Kyoko Syng (Ex-Mother-in-Law) (Former Social Security Administrator)
In 2020, Russell Simmons’s net worth was $340 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Russell has dated –
- Karin Taylor
- Donna D’Errico
- Cynthia Bailey (1988-1989)
- Troy Byer (1990)
- Marita Stavrou (1990-1991)
- Kimora Lee (1992–2006) – Russell had first met model, fashion designer, actress, producer, TV personality, author, philanthropist, and entrepreneur Kimora Lee in November 1992 and the couple had started dating soon after. They got married on December 20, 1998, on the island of Saint Barthélemy in the Caribbean. The wedding ceremony was conducted by Russell’s brother, Joseph Simmons. They have 2 daughters together named Ming Lee Simmons (b. January 21, 2000) and Aoki Lee Simmons (b. August 16, 2002). In March 2006, Russell had announced that the pair had ended their relationship. Their divorce was finalized 2 years later.
- Veronica Webb (1994)
- Kara Young (1994) – Rumor
- Amber Smith (1996)
- Karrine Steffans (2004)
- Porschla Coleman (2007-2008)
- Katie Rost (2007-2008)
- Julie Henderson (2009)
- Noémie Lenoir (2009)
- Jaslene Gonzalez (2010)
- Heidi Allende (2010)
- Paige Butcher (2010-2011)
- Angela Martini (2011)
- Angela Bellotte (2011)
- Melissa George (2011-2012)
- Sasha Volkova (2012)
- Hana Nitsche (2012-2013)
- Shannon Elizabeth (2014)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Toned physique
- Clean-shaven look
Russell Simmons Facts
- He had co-founded RushCard in 2003, a prepaid debit card provider.
- In 2014, Claremont Lincoln University, a private online university in California, had conferred upon him an honorary doctorate.
- American TV personality, supermodel, businesswoman, actress, and writer Tyra Banks is the godmother of his daughter Ming.
- He had turned vegan in 1999 and practices Jivamukti Yoga, a proprietary style of yoga that encourages vegetarianism and social/environmental activism. He also practices transcendental meditation.
- PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) had awarded him their ‘Humanitarian Award’ in 2001.
- In June 2023, Russell’s ex-wife Kimora Lee Simmons and their two daughters Aoki Lee Simmons and Ming Lee Simmons accused him of verbal abuse and erratic behavior.
Featured Image by Russell Simmons / Instagram