|Diggy Simmons Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8½ in|
|Date of Birth||March 21, 1995|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Diggy Simmons is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, model, actor, and producer who is known for having been a part of the MTV reality television show titled Run’s House, alongside his family members, as well as for having released several albums, tracks, and mixtapes which include the likes of Unexpected Arrival, Past, Present(s), Future, The First Flight, Do It Like You, It Is What It Is, and Text Me. Moreover, Diggy Simmons has also garnered an impressive fan base on social media with more than 2.5 million followers on Instagram, more than 2 million followers on Twitter, and more than 500k subscribers on YouTube.
Daniel Dwayne Simmons III
Diggy, Diggy Simmons, Digg
Queens, New York City, New York, United States
Rapper, Singer, Songwriter, Model, Actor, Producer
- Father – Joseph Simmons (Musician, Rapper, Actor) (One of the founding members of the hip hop group Run–D.M.C.)
- Mother – Justine Jones (TV Personality)
- Siblings – Russell “Russy” Simmons II (Younger Brother) (TV Personality), Victoria Anne Simmons (Late Younger Sister) (Died due to omphalocele)
- Others – Russell Simmons (Uncle) (Producer), Daniel J. Simmons (Uncle), Vanessa Simmons (Paternal Older Half-Sister) (TV Personality), Angela Simmons (Paternal Older Half-Sister) (Fashion Designer), Joseph “JoJo” Ward Simmons, Jr. (Paternal Older Half-Brother) (Rapper), Daniel “Danny” Dwayne Simmons, Sr. (Paternal Grandfather), Alfred Lewis Simmons, Sr. (Paternal Great Grandfather), Loveleen Arvin (Paternal Great Grandmother), Evelyn Penn (Paternal Grandmother), Joseph Penn (Paternal Great Grandfather), Bertha Ward (Paternal Great Grandmother), Willie Lee Jones, Jr. (Maternal Great Grandfather), Willie Lee Jones (Maternal Great Great Grandfather), Mattie L (Maternal Great Grandmother)
Hip Hop, R&B
Atlantic Records, EMPIRE Born Art Music Group
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Diggy Simmons has dated –
- Young Lyric – It was rumored that he had a short-termed romance with rapper Young Lyric in the past.
- Destiny Thompson (2010) – In 2010, he went out with Destiny Thompson.
- Jessica Jarrell (2011) – Diggy Simmons dated singer-songwriter Jessica Jarrell in the year 2011.
Race / Ethnicity
Diggy Simmons is of African-American descent.
- Toned physique
- Often sports a mustache
He has either endorsed or promoted a couple of brands through social media which include the likes of CALVIN KLEIN, Dries Van Noten, BODE, and Salvatore Ferragamo.
Diggy Simmons Facts
- ‘Chivalrous Culture’ is the name of his line of urban sneakers which was launched in 2010.
- Diggy Simmons released his debut album, Unexpected Arrival, on March 20, 2012, via Atlantic Records and it comprised of songs like Hello World, I Need to Know, Unforgivable Blackness, Glow in the Dark, and Do It Like You. Also, the album was ranked at number #2 in the US Rap Albums (Billboard) weekly chart and at number #3 in the US R&B /Hip-Hop Albums (Billboard) weekly chart.
- His influences include artists like Jay Z, Nas, Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco, A Tribe Called Quest, and Wu-Tang Clan.
- Diggy Simmons has starred as Douglas Frederick “Doug” Edwards in the teen comedy-drama sitcom, Grown-ish.
- He has also done a couple more acting projects like The Start Up, About The People, The Plug, etc.
Featured Image by Diggy Simmons / Instagram