|Melissa George Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7½ in|
|Date of Birth||August 6, 1976|
Melissa George is an Australian-American actress and entrepreneur who is best known for portraying roles such as Angel Parrish in Home and Away, Kathy Lutz in The Amityville Horror, Clara Musso in Lie to Me, Margot in The Mosquito Coast, Lauren Reed in Alias, Sadie Harris in Grey’s Anatomy, and Marilyn Garbanza in The Good Wife. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as The Limey, Sugar & Spice, Down with Love, 30 Days of Night, Swinging with the Finkels, A Lonely Place to Die, The Butterfly Tree, Silk Stalkings, L.A. Confidential, Charmed, Friends, Bag of Bones, Star Trek: Discovery, and many more. For her acting skills, Melissa has been honored with numerous awards such as the Logie Award and Equity Ensemble Award.
Melissa Suzanne George
Mel, Gorgeous George, Roo
Perth, Western Australia
New York City, New York, U.S.
Melissa George attended Warwick Senior High School in Perth, Australia. However, she dropped out of high school at the age of 16 to pursue a career in modeling and acting.
- Father – Glenn George (Construction Worker)
- Mother – Pamela George (Nurse)
- Siblings – Marnie George (Sister), Kate George (Sister), Brett George (Brother)
- Others – Glee (Bulldog)
5 ft 7½ in or 171 cm
123½ lbs or 56 kg
Boyfriend / Spouse
Melissa George has been romantically linked with –
- Steve Bastoni – The Italian-Australian actor, Steve Bastoni was in a brief relationship with George in the past.
- Claudio Dabed (1998-2008) – The Chilean furniture designer and film director Claudio Dabed met the actress in 1998 in Bali. The couple got married in the year 2000. The relationship was terminated about a decade later in 2008, and they announced their divorce in 2011.
- Russell Simmons (2011-2012)
- Jean David Blanc (2011-2016) – The French entrepreneur, the founder of AlloCiné, film producer, writer, and jazz musician, Jean David Blanc met the actress at BAFTA after-party in 2011. They started dating since then. The couple has a son Raphaël who was born in 2014. The actress was expecting a second baby with Blanc in 2015. They welcomed a baby boy named Solal in 2015. The couple separated in September 2016 after the allegations of domestic abuse that reportedly occurred at their home in Paris.
Race / Ethnicity
- Hourglass body
- Gorgeous appearance
- Blue eyes
36-24-36 in or 91.5-61-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU) or 10 (UK)
8 (US) or 6 (UK)
Melissa George has endorsed the brands like Napoleon Perdis and Linneys in the past.
Best Known For
Melissa George is best known for her appearance in successful TV shows that have been aired in UK and US. Among these, the most prominent are Hunted (2012), Friends (2003), Alias (2003-2004), In Treatment (2008), Grey’s Anatomy (2008-2009) and Lie To Me (2010).
She is also known to her Australian fans as Rosie in The Australian TV series The Slap (2011).
Melissa George first appeared as Rex Fable in a TV movie in 1997 titled Fable.
Her first role on the big screen was as May in the 1998 release Dark City.
First TV Show
Melissa George first appeared as Angel Parrish in the Australian television soap opera Home and Away from 1993-1996.
Melissa George underwent training in New York for her role in 2012 series ‘Hunted.’ It was reported that her personal trainer is also her real estate agent in New York and a champion basketball player.
However, the actress insists on a healthy diet that keeps her fit rather than various workouts. She prefers a no-grain diet. Fruits and veggies are an intrinsic part of the actress’ daily intake.
George is also known to walk for about ten miles and do Pilates. She does Tracy Anderson training twice a week to maintain her figure.
Melissa George Favorite Things
- Designer – Balmain
- Clothing Articles – Balmain leather pants, a knee-high ripped suede boots from Louboutin, Jimmy Choo black stilettos in suede and a Balmain velvet tuxedo jacket.
- Stop – Dakarma in Marrakesh, a hotel.
- Place – Buenos Aires, Corsica
- Drink – Dirty Martini
- Director – David Lynch, Steven Soderbergh, Rodrigo Garcia
- Movie – Belle de Jour, Sex and Lucia, It’s a Wonderful Life
- Actresses – Jessica Lange, Cate Blanchett, Kate Winslet, Marion Cotillard and Catherine Deneuve
- Dream Guests – Karl Lagerfeld, Valentino, and Oprah
- Line/ Quote – “When I saw you I fell in love and you smiled because you knew.” By William Shakespeare.
Source – Hydrogen-Mag.com
Melissa George Facts
- She was a national champion in roller-skating in Australia during her teens. She had won two bronze medals in the National Championships in 1989 and 1990. She also won a silver medal at the Junior World Championship in 1991.
- She had been modeling since the age of 16. George was awarded the title, Western Australia’s teenage model of the year in 1992.
- Melissa George gave birth to her first baby in 2014 when she was shooting for ‘The Good Wife.’ The producers of the show were impressed by her guest roles and wanted her to stay on the show even during her pregnancy. The role and cast was adjusted to the actress’ changing body shape.
- Melissa George was given a natural US citizenship since she is the cousin of opera singer Taryn Fiebig.
- Not only acting, but the actress also has other talents as well, which includes the credit of inventing ‘Style Snaps,’ a device which allows change of pant hem length without sewing. The actress claims that it has been so successful in the market that it provides her with more income than her acting career.
- The actress quit the TV series ‘Home and Away’ and made a health and fitness video “Mind, Body and Soul” in 1996. She also created a sleepwear line which is known as “An Angel at My Bedside.”