|Archie Panjabi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||May 31, 1972|
Archie Panjabi is a British actress who is widely known for having had various roles in the UK as well as on US television, including those of Maya Roy in Life on Mars (2006–2007) and Kalinda Sharma in CBS Legal drama The Good Wife (2009–2015) respectively, her stellar performance in the latter having earned her many accolades like Primetime Emmy Award in 2010 thereby making her the first Asian actor to bag a Primetime Emmy for acting. Archie has starred in a number of films as well, such as This Little Life (2003). She has garnered more than 75K followers on Instagram.
Archana Govind Panjabi
Edgware, London, England, United Kingdom
She attended Brunel University London and acquired a degree in Management Studies in 1994.
- Father – Govind Panjabi (Schoolteacher)
- Mother – Padma Panjabi (Schoolteacher)
She has been represented by The Gersh Agency, Inc.
Her net worth was $3 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
52 kg or 114.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Matt Czuchry (2007) – Rumor
- Rajesh Nihalani (1998-Present) – She tied the knot with Rajesh in 1998.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Sindhi descent.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Large and expressive eyes
- Sharp features
- High cheekbones
Archie Panjabi Favorite Things
- Beauty Items She Has Always Carried With Herself – Lip gloss, Cream for sun protection, Mascara
Source – WebMD.com
Archie Panjabi Facts
- Her parents had both been Sindhi Hindu immigrants from India.
- Archie had spent part of her childhood in Mumbai which has led her to consider herself part Bombayite and part British.
- She has revealed that she knew what she wanted to do for her whole life, from nursery to university. She had always been geared towards wanting to act, had stuck with it, and dedicated time to it.
- Archie has stated that she has felt lucky that her parents were never against her ambition, and had always been very supportive. They had only been adamant that she went to university first.
- Panjabi has been classically trained in ballet.
- She has disclosed that she had a dialect coach in order to get an American accent, and then another one, to come off it a bit. She has found something deep and mysterious in the voice when it is not overly high-pitched American.
- Archie has stated that she has cherished roles where she has had to transform herself and has felt blessed that she could play them. She has believed that she landed the not-so-typical parts as a result of herself choosing them and also from working closely, and developing a bond with the writer as well as the director. She has always gone in with opinions and had discussions about how a part, if written in a stereotypical way, can be changed, or how she could add her unique voice to the character and alter it in an appealing manner.
- Panjabi has pointed out how, coming from India, her parents have had a big connection with herbs and spices in cooking and as well as in skincare. She has been delighted to learn from her mother the way to prepare a lot of her own beauty concoctions, like face packs, and then see the excellent results, after using them.
Featured Image by Archie Panjabi / Instagram