|Kimora Lee Simmons Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||May 4, 1975|
Kimora Lee Simmons is an American model, businesswoman, and television personality who is best known for having served as the CEO/creative director of the clothing brand, Baby Phat. She also has her reality shows such as Kimora: House of Fab as well as Kimora: Life in the Fab Lane and has made appearances in films and TV shows like Beauty Shop, Brown Sugar, Waist Deep, For Your Love, America’s Next Top Model, and many more. As a model, Kimora has done modeling work for brands like Chanel, Fendi, Christian Dior, Roberto Cavalli, Valentino, Emanuel Ungaro, and Yves Saint Laurent. She has also been featured in the music videos of songs such as Usher‘s Nice & Slow and Jay-Z‘s Change Clothes.
Kimora Lee Perkins
Kimora, Miss Fabulosity, American Dream, First Lady of Hip Hop
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Beverly Hills, California, U.S.
But, she also spends a lot of time in New York and owns a condominium there.
She graduated from Lutheran North High School in St Louis, Missouri with the help of an academic coach after which she immersed herself in the modeling profession full time.
Kimora enrolled in college-level courses at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) when she moved in with Russell Simmons before they got married.
Model, Fashion Designer, Actress, Producer, Entrepreneur
- Father – Vernon Whitlock Jr. (Former Federal Marshal, a Bail Bondsman who later became a full-time Barber)
- Mother – Joanne Perkins aka Joanne Kyoko Syng (Former Social Security Administrator)
- Paul Fisher
- McCue, Sussmane & Zapfel, New York (Entertainment Law Firm)
6 ft or 183 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
- Russell Simmons (1992-2006) – A thirty-five-year-old Russell who had a reputation for being a womanizer particularly after his hip-hop label, Def Jam’s success, first spotted Kimora on the runway when she was 17 years old. Kimora developed a reputation for being a brat in the modeling industry herself and the two had a highly volatile on again, off again relationship. They got married on the Caribbean island of Bart’s in 1998 after Russell got more grounded and took to Yoga and Veganism that radically reduced his popularity among other women in Los Angeles. The marriage ceremony was conducted by Russell’s brother, Joseph Simmons. The former couple has two daughters together; Ming (b. January 2000) and Aoki (b. August 2002). As a couple, they separated in 2006, filed for divorce in 2008 and were officially divorced in January 2009. Russell, however, not only continues to remain close to Kimora spending time with her on holidays but also maintains an amicable relationship with her other partners and is godfather to the sons she had with them.
- Martin Kendu Isaacs (2001) – There was a talk of a brief RUMORed encounter between Kendu and Kimora in 2001, but the possibility seems unlikely considering both were in a committed relationship with other people during that year.
- Djimon Hounsou (2007-2012) – After dating for a year, Kimora visited critically acclaimed actor and former model, Djimon’s native country Benin in Africa to participate in a commitment ceremony with him in 2008. Together they have a son, Kenzo Lee Hounsou (b. May 2009) named after the Japanese designer, Kenzo Takada. They never got legally married in US and announced their amicable separation in 2012.
- Malik “King” Scott (2012) (Rumor) – Kimora was then linked with the professional boxer Malik, but she denied any involvement with him.
- Marc Leder (2013) – Kimora was RUMORed to be associated with the founder of Sun Capital particularly after he purchased Kellwood (The company that owned Baby Phat and Phat Farm). Gossip heated up further when the two were witnessed hanging out together during a vacation in St. Bart’s. Their relationship was eventually touted to be nothing more than a friendship since they knew each other well as business associates since 2008.
- Bryan Williams (aka Birdman aka Baby) (1999-2014) – Of all the dating rumors, this one lasted the longest, triggered by Birdman himself when he posted on social media claiming Kimora to be the ‘luv of his life’ at one point. Kimora was not pleased to be a part of any unwanted drama and the alleged dating rumors with Birdman were finally put to rest when her ex-husband, Russell Simmons made a public statement that Kimora is happily married to an investment banker, Tim Leissner.
- Tim Leissner (2013–Present) – Kimora and Tim made their first public appearance as a couple in 2014. The German national, former chairman of Goldman Sachs in South-East Asia had a stellar career before getting embroiled in a Malaysian embezzlement scandal. However, he was not charged with any offense. Amid various professional allegations, Tim quit his job of 18 years at Goldman Sachs and is happily settled looking after Kimora’s large brood. The couple has a son together Wolfe Lee Leisner (b. April 2015).
NOTE – Kimora adopted a 10-year-old boy named Gary Lee in January 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Asian & Black)
She has African American father and a Korean-Japanese mother.
- Extremely tall
- Unique, multiracial facial features
38-29-37 in or 96.5-74-94 cm
8 (US) or 12 (UK) or 38 (EU)
10.5 (US) or 8 (UK) or 41 (EU)
- As a model and designer, Kimora has advertised for various brands such as Chanel, Baby Phat ‘Goddess’ fragrance, Baby Phat ‘Golden Goddess’ fragrance, Kimora ‘Baby Phat Fabulosity’ fragrance, JustFab (Personalized Shopping Website), Style network commercial, etc.
- Kimora actively promoted Baby Phat clothing line as over the top and unapologetic apparel while she was President and Creative Director of the label until August 2010.
- From 2005 to 2011, she launched six different perfumes and promoted them through a variety of platforms. Their names were:
- Golden Goddess
- Seductive Goddess
- Baby Phat Fabulosity
- Love Me
- Dare Me
- Kimora invested in ex-husband, Russell Simmons’ venture to launch her own line of purple Rushcards and was a part of its TV advertisement as well.
- In 2015, she relaunched her KLS label that represents sophisticated high-end clothing which is sold online and at her boutique in Beverly Hills, California. She exhibits the collection on all her social media accounts, particularly Instagram on models and other celebrities wearing her label at red-carpet events.
- Other brands that Kimora promotes on Instagram are:
Best Known For
- Being a Fashion Designer, Owner of the KLS brand.
- Former President and Creative Director of Phat Fashions.
- The former wife of entrepreneur and producer, Russell Simmons, co-founder of Def Jam Recordings.
First Fashion Show
She debuted with Ready to Wear – Spring / Summer 1991 Fashion Week where she walked the ramp for Geoffrey Beene.
Brief appearance as a model in the Michael J. Fox movie For Love or Money in 1993.
First TV Show
Kimora hosted the music show One World Music Beat in 1998.
- Running her clothing empire that is marked by frequent travel and events and four kids to look after at the same time, Kimora does not have the time to exercise as frequently as some of the other celebrities in Los Angeles do.
- She describes her ‘Fabulosity Diet’ as “a little workout, a good diet.”
- To consume a diet, high in nutrition and low in calories, Kimora often takes the help of celebrity nutritionists such as Oz Garcia and others.
- She also consumes vegetable juices to battle fatigue.
- She eats organic. Sticks to complex carbohydrates, fresh fruits, vegetables, and legumes.
- Kimora also avoids dairy and uses rice milk or almond milk as a substitute.
- However, Kimora admits that indulgences like chocolates, baked desserts, burgers, and pizza are her favorite too and she has to make a conscious effort to minimize their consumption.
- In terms of workout, if she has the time, she hires the services of celebrity trainers such as Andrea Orbeck or Jeanette Jenkins.
- She is particular about walking 10,000 steps a day and uses Garmin Vivofit 3 to keep a track of her daily activity levels.
- She purchased the LPG Endermologie Machine in St Barts from a doctor. The gadget with the help of a suction-type motion stimulates collagen production and targets stubborn fat.
Kimora Lee Simmons Favorite Things
- Secret Obsession – Organizational Products (Boxes, Crates & Bins that help in cleaning and separating)
- Guilty Pleasure – Making Lists
- Clothing Style – Contrasting Elements (Color Blocking, Embellishing-Paneling, etc.)
- Salon for Blow Dry and Hair Styling – Dessange, Paris
- Shampoo and Conditioner – Shu Uemura Art of Hair Ultimate Remedy Extreme Restoration
- Brow Pencil – M.A.C.
- Mascara – Estée Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Waterproof Mascara
- Serums – Chanel Le Jour, La Nuit and Le Weekend
- Body Lotion – Laura Mercier Crème Brulee Souffle Body Cream
- Drink – Green Tea, Celsius Energy Drink
- Restaurant for Decadent Food – Amy Ruth’s at Harlem Street, NYC, Red Lobster Restaurants
- Food Item – Sushi
- Dermatologist – Jessica Wu in LA
- Designers – Chanel, Versace, Cavalli
- Places to Shop – LA Boutiques like Kitson and Fred Segal
- Accessories – Shoes and Handbags
Kimora Lee Simmons Facts
- Kimora was 5 feet 10 inches tall by the age of 10. Her height and facial features made her an easy target for schoolyard bullying. Due to this, other kids nicknamed her, ‘Chinky Giraffe’.
- Though Kimora’s mother wanted her to save the money she made via modeling, for college; at 15 she bought herself a Rolex and a BMW even before getting a driver’s license. An accident landed her with 40 stitches on her face.
- She is a close friend of Tyra Banks and appeared on America’s Next Top Model (Cycle one) as a judge.
- Tyra Banks is the godmother to Kimora’s oldest child, Ming.
- Kimora is a compulsive hoarder when it comes to expensive bags, shoes, and jewelry. A major portion of the collection is from all the photoshoots and ad campaigns she was a part of and hopes to pass on the collection as a legacy to her daughters.
- If not a designer, then Kimora confessed she might have been an attorney, pharmacist or vet. She says it was highly likely she would have successfully juggled all the 3 professions at the same time.
- After giving birth, Kimora got the placenta of her child encapsulated into pill form because she thinks consuming it gives her energy when she breastfeeds.
- In 2006, Kimora published a self-help book, Fabulosity: What It Is and How to Get It. She describes it as a lifestyle manual to get everything in life.
- Although she has a rich dating history, Kimora claims dating was difficult, even for her as most men found her intimidating due to her large business empire and her height considering she easily touches six feet five inches in heels.
- She established a scholarship fund in her name for academically successful girls with financial needs graduating from her hometown high school and is an active member of several other charity organizations.
- She signed a modeling contract with Chanel at the age of 14. Hence, she had to do a lot of traveling between Paris and St. Louis (in the U.S.).