|Angela Simmons Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||September 18, 1987|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Angela Simmons is an American actress, producer, and fashion designer who is known for being the daughter of Joseph Simmons, a rapper, producer, DJ, and TV personality. She has also appeared on shows like The Real, Daddy’s Girls, Run’s House, Growing Up Hip Hop: New York, and Growing Up Hip Hop: Atlanta.
Queens, New York, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Angela studied at the Fashion Institute of Technology, however, she dropped out to pursue her passion for being an entrepreneur.
Actress, Producer, Fashion Designer
- Father – Joseph Simmons (Rapper, DJ, and Producer)
- Mother – Valerie Vaughn
- Siblings – Vanessa Simmons (Older Sister) (TV Personality), Joseph “JoJo” Simmons Jr. (Younger Brother) (Rapper)
- Others – Diggy Simmons (Younger Stepbrother) (Rapper), Russell Simmons II (Younger Stepbrother), Miley Justine Simmons (Younger Stepsister), Victoria Anne Simmons (Younger Stepsister) (Died – September 26, 2006), Evelyn Simmons (Paternal Grandmother), Daniel Simmons (Paternal Grandfather), Russell Simmons (Paternal Uncle) (Entrepreneur), Daniel Simmons Jr. (Paternal Uncle) (Painter), Ava Marie Jean Wayans (Niece)
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Angela Simmons has dated –
- Delano Brown
- Ace Hood – She has previously been romantically linked with rapper Ace Hood.
- Morgan O’Connor
- Allen Crabbe
- Larry Johnson
- Lloyd Polite (2007-2008)
- Terry Kennedy (2008) – Skateboarder Terry Kennedy dated Angela in 2008 for a short while. It was reported that the two decided to call it off because Terry was caught cheating on Angela, who went vocal about it on her MySpace account.
- Skillz (2009-2010) – Rapper Skillz dated Angela from 2009 to 2010, for nearly a year. The two were formerly engaged before they decided to break up in 2010.
- Rob Kardashian (2010) – In the year 2010, she went out with television personality and businessman Rob Kardashian who has also appeared in Keeping Up with the Kardashians.
- Julius Peppers (2010) – American footballer Julius Peppers was briefly dating Angela in 2010.
- Lance Gross (2010-2011) – Actor Lance Gross was dating Angela in 2010. The two were regularly spotted together having lunches together. The two broke off their relationship in 2011.
- Cam Newton (2011) – Angela had a fling with footballer Cam Newton in 2011.
- Shad Moss (May 2006-April 2012) – After infamously dating on and off for several years from May 2006, Bow Wow aka Shad Moss finally popped the question and announced his engagement in 2012 to Angela. However, they decided to call it off for good. They officially separated in 2014.
- Ricky Hil (2011-2012) – It was speculated that she was romantically involved with rapper Ricky Hil between 2011 and 2012.
- Brandon Jennings (March 2013-May 2013) – Basketball player Brandon Jennings briefly dated Angela for 2 months from March 2013 to May 2013.
- Sutton Tennyson (2016-2017) – Sutton Tennyson started dating Angela in 2016. They got engaged, and Angela announced it in April 2016. Simmons gave birth to their first child in September 2016. On September 29, 2017, they announced the birth of their son Sutton Joseph. Later the couple broke up. Their breakup news was confirmed by Angela in an Instagram post.
- Serge Ibaka (2017-2018) – In 2017, she started dating Congolese-Spanish professional basketball player Serge Ibaka but the duo parted ways the following year.
- Khalil Mack (2018)
- London on da Track (2018) – She had a fling with London on da Track, record producer, rapper, and songwriter, in 2018.
- Romeo Miller – Rapper Romeo Miller and Angela have been childhood friends. They both belong to musical families, hence everyone expected the two to have some history. They first dated for some time in 2012. After Angela announced her breakup with Sutton, sparks flew between Romeo and her, on the series Growing Up Hip Hop, and their romance blossomed.
- Daniel Jacobs – She is in a relationship with professional boxer Daniel Jacobs and the couple often posts their pictures on social media.
Race / Ethnicity
Angela has African American ancestry.
Her luscious black long hair.
Angela Simmons has endorsed the following brands –
- Teami™ Blends
- CURLS – Organic Hair Products
- Sneaky Vaunt
- Chef Delliz K. Hazell
- FLAT TUMMY CO
- Kandi Cares Foundation
- The Queen Pegasus
Best Known For
- Appearing from 2005 to 2009, in the family reality TV series Run’s House on MTV.
- Being the daughter of the former Run-DMC rapper Rev Run (Joseph Simmons).
Angela made her theatrical film debut in the 2016 drama film Supermodel and played a supporting role of a model called Tracy.
First TV Show
Angela made her television show debut on the reality series Run’s House along with her family in 2005.
Angela loves her workouts and trains at Force Fitness Inc. along with coach Nelson. She does a mixture of boxing and weights and takes spinning lessons too. On other days, she incorporates work out by running up the stairs or on the treadmill. She focuses on a full-body workout, however, dislikes doing squats.
Angela resumed her workout in just 2 weeks after giving birth to her son Sutton. She managed to stay in shape during pregnancy by practicing yoga with her friend and trainer Latham Thomas. However, she emphasized that it was merely for staying healthy and not in shape.
Angela also follows veganism and is a vegetarian and hence her diet consists of fruits and vegetables. She consumes supplements and lentils, beans, almonds, and spinach for Vitamin B12. She also includes nuts and fruit smoothies in her diet.
Simmons has several small meals during the day to keep her sugar levels in control and fill her appetite.
Angela Simmons Favorite Things
- Designers – Chanel, Roberto Cavalli, YSL
- Fragrance – Juicy Couture by Juicy Couture
- Makeup – Lancome Definicils mascara
- Shoe Brands – Saint Laurent, Chanel, Valentino
Source – FashionBombDaily.com, Glamour
Angela Simmons Facts
- Angela co-founded a shoe brand along with her sister called Pastry under Run Athletics which is her family’s line of footwear.
- She was the editor for a monthly teenage mini-magazine called Angela’s Rundown.
- She made her solo debut as a designer with her own line of faux fur called Foofi and Bella in 2015.
- Her inspiration to go vegetarian was her uncle, Russell.
Featured Image by Beautiful Planning Marketing & PR / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0