|Grayson Allen Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||October 8, 1995|
Grayson Allen is an American professional basketball player who has represented the Utah Jazz (2018-2019), the Memphis Grizzlies (2019-2021), and the Milwaukee Bucks (2021-Present), as a small forward/shooting guard, in the National Basketball Association (NBA). Grayson was picked 21st overall in the 1st round, by the Utah Jazz, at the 2018 NBA Draft.
Grayson James Allen
Jacksonville, Duval County, Florida, United States
Grayson had attended the Providence School, a private, college preparatory Christian school in his hometown of Jacksonville.
After his high school graduation, he joined Duke University, a private research university in Durham, North Carolina. There, he represented the Duke Blue Devils men’s basketball team from the 2014-15 season until the 2017-18 season.
Professional Basketball Player
- Father – William Allen (Government Contractor)
- Mother – Sherry Allen (HR Manager)
- Others – Tonan Ferrell (Adopted Brother), Brian Reid (Father-in-Law) (Former University-Level Wrestler), Cheryl Reid (Mother-in-Law) (Former Basketball Player), Justin Reid (Brother-in-Law) (Basketball Player), Jake Reid (Brother-in-Law) (Basketball Player), Jason Reid (Brother-in-Law) (Basketball Player), Madison Reid (Sister-in-Law) (Soccer Player), George Reid (Grandfather-in-Law) (Wrestling Coach, Former Wrestler, ‘National Wrestling Hall of Fame’ Inductee)
Small Forward, Shooting Guard
- 3 – Duke Blue Devils
- 24 – Utah Jazz
- 3 – Memphis Grizzlies
- 7, 12 – Milwaukee Bucks
Grayson Allen’s net worth had been $2 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Grayson has dated –
- Morgan Reid (2016-Present) – Grayson began dating American former professional soccer player Morgan Reid in 2016 while both of them were students at Duke University. They got engaged in February 2022 and married on July 23, 2022. They share a pet dog named Teddy, a mini bernedoodle (a hybrid dog breed that is a cross between a Bernese mountain dog and a miniature poodle).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Toned physique
- Towering frame
- Short-cropped, side-parted hair
- Clean-shaven look
- Affable smile
Grayson Allen Facts
- In 2014, Grayson was selected as a ‘McDonald’s All-American’ for his high school performances. He had won a state championship in the previous year.
- During his freshman season at Duke University, he averaged 4.4 points per game and was included in the ‘ACC (All-Atlantic Coast Conference) All-Academic Team’. ACC, headquartered in Greensboro, North Carolina, is a collegiate athletic conference in the eastern United States. Its 15 member universities compete in Division I of the NCAA.
- In April 2015, Grayson helped Duke University win the NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) Championship Game, scoring a vital 16 points. It was the university’s 5th such title which made it the joint 4th-most successful team in the competition at that time.
- In February 2016, he was reprimanded by the ACC after his involvement in 2 tripping incidents within a month. During the 2015-16 season, Grayson was one of the best offensive players in the ACC, averaging 21 points per game. He was also included in the ‘First-Team All-ACC‘.
- He also earned ‘All-American’ and ‘Academic All-American’ honors in 2016, becoming just the 6th Duke Blue Devil to receive both those honors in the same season.
- The Irish future professional golfer Leona Maguire was one of his classmates at Duke University.
- In December 2016, after another tripping incident, Grayson was suspended from Duke University’s team indefinitely. At the end of the month, he also lost the team’s captaincy. He returned to the team in January 2017.
- In April 2017, he confirmed that he would play out his senior season with Duke University and the Duke Blue Devils team voted to restore him as their captain for the 2017-18 season.
- During his four seasons with Duke University, Grayson averaged 14.1 points, 3.2 rebounds, and 3.0 assists per game. He also earned ‘All-ACC Academic’ honors 4 times. He finished his college career with 1,996 points, ranking 12th on the Duke Blue Devils‘ career scoring list at that time. Grayson has often been regarded as one of the university’s best players of the 2010s.
- In January 2022, while representing the Milwaukee Bucks, during a game against the Chicago Bulls, his history of dangerous plays raised its ugly head once again. Grayson fouled opposing guard Alex Caruso and was ejected from the game. Alex suffered a fractured right wrist and was ruled out for 6-8 weeks. Grayson was suspended for one game by the NBA.
Featured Image by Grayson Allen / Instagram