|Jacob Fortune-Lloyd Quick Info
|5 ft 9 in
Jacob Fortune-Lloyd is an English actor and theatre artist who is known for having been cast as D.L. Townes in The Queen’s Gambit, Francis Weston in Wolf Hall, and Francesco Salviati in Medici.
Jacob Fortune Lloyd
Hillingdon, Greater London, England, United Kingdom
Jacob Fortune-Lloyd attended Oxford University and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English literature. Then, in 2014, he graduated from the Guildhall School of Music and Drama.
Actor, Theatre Artist
Jacob Fortune-Lloyd is represented by Markham, Froggatt & Irwin, Talent Management Company, London, England, United Kingdom.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Jacob Fortune-Lloyd Facts
- In 2015, he made his first TV show appearance by portraying the character of Francis Weston, a gentleman of the Privy Chamber at the court of King Henry VIII of England, on the BBC Two historical drama, Wolf Hall.
- Jacob Fortune-Lloyd made his first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Brent in the British-American mystery film, Crooked House, in 2017. It starred Glenn Close, Terence Stamp, Max Irons, Stefanie Martini, Julian Sands, Honor Kneafsey, Christian McKay, Amanda Abbington, Gillian Anderson, and Christina Hendricks.
- He appeared as Sith Fleet Officer in the 2019 American epic space opera film, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker.
- He has also been a part of live streaming theatre and has been cast in roles like Bassanio in Royal Shakespeare Company: The Merchant of Venice and John Worthing in Oscar Wilde Season: The Importance of Being Earnest.
- In 2020, Jacob Fortune-Lloyd was cast as D.L. Townes, a fellow chess player for whom Beth develops an unrequited love, in The Queen’s Gambit, an American streaming television drama miniseries in which he co-starred alongside the likes of Anya Taylor-Joy, Bill Camp, Moses Ingram, Isla Johnston, Christiane Seidel, Rebecca Root, Chloe Pirrie, Thomas Brodie-Sangster, and Marcin Dorociński.
Featured Image by Jacob Fortune-Lloyd / Instagram