|Joseph Mazzello Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||September 21, 1983|
Joseph Mazzello is an American actor who started his acting career well before he had turned 10. He got his first big breakthrough after he was cast in Jurassic Park. Steven Spielberg was so impressed with his acting skills that he even changed the script of the movie to make sure that Mazzello was cast as Tim Murphy in it. His other notable roles include being cast as Dustin Moskovitz in The Social Network, Eugene Sledge in The Pacific, and John Deacon in Bohemian Rhapsody.
Joseph Francis Mazzello III
Rhinebeck, New York, United States
Joseph Mazzello studied at the Catholic school, Our Lady of Lourdes. Later, he got enrolled at the USC School of Cinematic Arts at the University of South California. For his admission, he had got a letter of recommendation from the iconic director, Steven Spielberg.
Actor, Director, and Screenwriter
- Father – Joseph Mazzello, Jr. (Owned a Performing Arts School)
- Mother – Virginia Mazzello
- Siblings – Mary Mazzello (Older Sister), John Mazzello (Younger Sister)
- Others – Joseph Francis Mazzello (Paternal Grandfather), Irene T. Callamari (Paternal Grandmother), Joseph F. Strong (Maternal Grandfather), Virginia Louise Mulry (Maternal Grandmother)
Joseph Mazzello is represented by Beverly Hills-based Agency for the Performing Arts.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Joseph Mazzello has dated –
- Alison – Mazzello has been previously rumored to have gone out with Hungarian p*rnstar, Alison. However, there is no concrete evidence available to support the claim.
- Arabella Ajar – Joseph was linked with actress Arabella Ajar in the past. It was reported that they had been dating for quite some time. However, Joseph left Arabella after he found that she had been cheating on him from over a year with one of their friends.
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he has Italian and German Jewish ancestry, while, on his mother’s side, he is of Irish, Dutch, and English descent.
Joseph Mazzello has appeared in a TV commercial for Post Alpha-Bits Cereal in the past.
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Queen bass player John Deacon in the Freddie Mercury biopic movie, Bohemian Rhapsody
- Having played the role of Dustin Moskovitz in the biographical drama movie, The Social Network
- Having portrayed Eugene Sledge in the HBO war miniseries, The Pacific
In 1990, he made his theatrical film debut as Wendell McGaffney in the legal drama movie, Presumed Innocent.
First TV Show
In March 1994, Joseph Mazzello made his first TV show appearance on the comedy family series, Live & Kicking.
Joseph Mazzello Favorite Things
- Movie – It’s a Wonderful Life (1946)
- Actor – James Stewart
- Music Genre – Oldies
- MLB Team – New York Yankees
Joseph Mazzello Facts
- He used the salary earned from his small appearance in Steven Spielberg’s The Lost World: Jurassic Park to pay for his course at the USC School of Cinematic Arts.
- He was originally considered to play the role of Jack Banning, Robin Williams‘s son in the comedy movie, Hook. However, they had to look for some other actor as Joe was too young for the role.
- Steven Spielberg was so impressed with his talent that he changed the script of Jurassic Park to make sure that Joe could play the role of Tim in the movie.
- He was considered for “55 Faces of The Future” feature, which was published in Nylon Magazine‘s Young Hollywood Issue.
- In 2007, he made his directorial debut with the short movie, Matters of Life and Death, in which he worked along with established actors such as Daniel Gillies, David Strathairn, and Rachael Leigh Cook.
- Follow him on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Joseph Mazzello / Instagram