Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Daniel Gillies went to the prestigious Hamilton Boys’ High School.
To hone his acting skills, he went to the Unitec School of Performing Arts.
Actor, screenwriter, director, producer
- Father – Is a pediatrician.
- Mother – Is a nurse.
- Siblings – Unknown
- Others – Sir Harold Gillies (Great Great Great Grandfather) (Plastic Surgery Pioneer)
Daniel Gillies is represented by LINK Entertainment.
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
75 kg or 165 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Daniel Gillies has dated –
- Rachael Leigh Cook (2003-Present) – Daniel started dating actress Rachael Leigh Cook in 2003. Eventually, they got married in August 2004 in a low-key ceremony. They had been dating for less than a year. In 2013, she gave birth to a daughter, Charlotte Easton Gillies. In 2014, they revealed that they were expecting another child. The second pregnancy was a big surprise for them. In April 2015, she gave birth to Theodore Vigo Sullivan Gillies in Los Angeles hospital.
Race / Ethnicity
- Strong jawline
- Light stubble beard
Before he became a successful actor, Daniel Gillies appeared in a TV commercial for Lotto Instant Kiwi.
Best Known For
- Playing the role of Elijah Mikaelson on the teen drama series, The Vampire Diaries.
- Being cast as Dr. Joel Goran in the Canadian medical series, Saving Hope in 2012.
In 1998, Daniel made his first film appearance in a minor role in the drama war movie, A Soldier’s Sweetheart.
First TV Show
In 1999, Daniel appeared in a single episode of the action-adventure series Young Hercules for his role as Antos.
Daniel Gillies regularly hits the gym to keep his shredded physique in tip-top shape by doing high-intensity lifting exercises, interval training cardio, and solid core work.
Daniel Gillies Favorite Things
- Vacation Destinations – Tahiti and Moorea
- Untapped Vacation Destination – Montreal
- Fantasy Trip Destination – Sardinia, Naples or anywhere in coastal Italy
- Countries for Food – Italy, Japan
- Weekend Getaways – Montreal, New York City
- Cities – Barcelona, Tokyo, Bangkok, New York City
Source – Chicago Tribune
Daniel Gillies Facts
- Before he moved to Los Angeles for better acting opportunities, he did a couple of miscellaneous jobs, including working as dishwasher and waiter in Canada, where he had stayed for two months.
- When he was just 5 years old, his family moved back to native New Zealand from Canada.
- Due to lack of opportunities in New Zealand, he moved to Australia where he stayed for mere 6 weeks before moving to Canada.
- He wasn’t slated to play a big role in The Vampire Diaries but after the audience response, the producers decided to expand his role. He was killed in the first episode of the TV series.
- While shooting for Broken Kingdom, which was also his debut as a producer and director, he faced dire financial problems. They ran out of money for about four times while shooting.
- Follow Daniel on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.