|Rachael Leigh Cook Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||October 4, 1979|
Rachael Leigh Cook started her acting career by appearing in a PSA for foster care at the age of 7. She then earned nationwide recognition for her work in PSA for This Is Your Brain on Drugs, which is still considered as one of the few effective adverts regarding drug abuse. In 1999, her breakthrough movie, She’s All That, was released. This romantic comedy went on to become a classic hit and helped her earn a cult following. Over the years, she has appeared in several critically acclaimed and successful movies and TV shows but for many, She’s All That remains her best work.
Rachael Leigh Cook
Cook, The Indie Queen
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Rachael Leigh Cook lives in a stately Tudor style mansion in Studio City, Los Angeles, which she and her husband bought for $2,450,000 in August 2017.
Rachael Leigh Cook went to the Clara Barton Open School. She also attended Laurel Springs School, which is a school for young actors struggling with regular attendance because of their work commitments. She later got enrolled at the Minneapolis South High School.
- Father – Thomas H. Cook (Social Worker and former Standup Comedian)
- Mother – JoAnn Cook (Weaver and Cooking Instructor)
- Siblings – Ben Cook (Brother)
Rachael Leigh Cook is represented by Randy James Management.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Rachael Leigh Cook has dated –
- Christopher Masterson – Rachael is rumored to have dated actor Christopher Masterson in the past.
- Shane West (1997-1999) – Rachael started going out with actor Shane West towards the end of the summer of 1997. They made their relationship public in September 1997 by attending the premiere of The House of Yes in Los Angeles as a couple. The last event they attended together as a couple was The World is Not Enough premiere. Although they were spotted together at a couple of events later as well, they were in attendance solely as friends.
- Colin Hanks (1998) – Cook had a short-lived affair with actor Colin Hanks in 1998. However, it seems that their separation was on good terms as they came together for the indie black comedy movie, 11:14, in 2003.
- Vincent Kartheiser (1998) – Rachael Leigh Cook went out with actor Vincent Kartheiser for around 4 months in 1998. They had met on the sets of the Strike! All I Wanna Do and had started dating soon after.
- Ryan Alosio (1998-1999) – In the summer of 1998, she started going out with actor and visual artist, Ryan Alosio. They had met after being cast in the romantic movie, Sally. They dated for about a year before reportedly ending their relationship in May 1999.
- Shawn Hatosy (1999) – In 1999, she was also linked with actor Shawn Hatosy. It was claimed that they had met after they were cast in the movie, Tangled, and started dating while working on the movie.
- Rider Strong (1999) – In the summer of 1999, Cook was rumored to be going out with actor Rider Strong. It was claimed that they had been keeping their relationship a secret to give it a better shot at survival.
- Antonio Sabàto, Jr. (1999) – Towards the end of 1999 summer, she was in a relationship with actor and model, Antonio Sabàto, Jr. They were spotted together at a number of events such as the premiere of Princess Mononoke. However, their relationship didn’t last beyond the end of the year.
- Jacob Young (1999-2000) – Cook started dating actor Jacob Young towards the end of 1999. They made their relationship public in January the following year by walking the red carpet of the Teen People party as a couple. However, their relationship hardly lasted for a couple of months after their first appearance as a couple.
- Devon Sawa (2000-2001) – In 2000, she started her relationship with actor Devon Sawa. They decided to pull curtains on their relationship by the following year.
- Brandon Davis (2000) – According to the reports, Cook had a sexual encounter with actor Brandon Davis in May 2000 after having met him at the Tommy Hilfiger Party.
- Gabriel Mann (2001) – Cook was rumored to be going out with actor Gabriel Mann in 2000. It was claimed that their romance had blossomed on the sets of the musical comedy movie, Josie and the Pussycats.
- Ryan Reynolds (2001) – Rachael Cook met actor Ryan Reynolds in the early months of 2001. They hit it off instantly but she had to leave for England for the shooting of her movie, Blow Dry, shortly after. Reynolds surprised her by dropping out of his shooting schedule and following her all the way to London. She was smitten by his act and they dated for about a year.
- Daniel Gillies (2003-Present) – In 2003, Cook started going out with the actor, Daniel Gillies, whom she had met at a bar in Los Angeles. She would later confess in her interview with Popsugar that she was, in fact, checking him out. After having dated for just 5 months, they got engaged in 2004 and eventually got married in August 2004 in an intimate and romantic wedding. In 2012, they came together for the movie, Broken Kingdom. She was the star of the project, while he served as the director. In September 2013, she gave birth to their daughter, Charlotte Easton Gillies. Their son, Theodore Vigo Sullivan Gillies, was born in April 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
She has English ancestry on her father’s side and Italian ancestry on her mother’s side.
Dark Brown (Natural)
She has endorsed various brands like –
- Milk-Bone Dog Biscuits
- Old Navy Eyelet Dresses
She has also appeared in a number of public service announcements.
Her religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Starring in the romantic comedy movie, She’s All That, a modern adaptation of George Bernard Shaw’s play Pygmalion, alongside Paul Walker
- Having played the role of Clara Wheeler in the drama miniseries, Into the West
- Being cast in the lead role in the crime drama TV series, Perception
In 1995, she made her theatrical film debut in the comedy-drama movie, The Baby-Sitters Club.
First TV Show
In 1997, Rachael Leigh Cook made her first TV show appearance on the CBS miniseries, True Women.
Her workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Rachael Leigh Cook Favorite Things
- Dream Role – Kate Nolan from A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
Source – IMDb
Rachael Leigh Cook Facts
- She has established her own production company called Ben’s Sister Productions.
- She was under serious consideration for the role of Roque in the X-Men movie series. But, she decided to turn the role down as she was reluctant to work with CGI costumes and effects.
- It has been reported that author Stephenie Meyer created the character of Alice Cullen in her Twilight book series while keeping Rachael in her mind.
- Rachael started her acting career by appearing in a public service announcement for foster care when she was just 7 years old.
- At the age of 10, she started working as a print model.
- At the age of 14, she started auditioning for various acting assignments.
- In 2002, the Stuff Magazine placed her on the 26th spot in their list featuring 102 Sexiest Women in the World.
- In 2011, the Obama administration selected Rachael as a Champion of Change for Arts Education.
- In June 2012, she started giving away a small scholarship to students, aged between 14 and 19, which took care of mentoring programs, career classes, and other school fees.
- Follow Rachael Leigh Cook on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Rachael Leigh Cook / Instagram