Michael Carlyle Hall
Michael C Hall
Raleigh, North Carolina, U.S.
In 1989, he graduated from Ravenscroft School in Raleigh.
Then, in 1993, Michael graduated from liberal arts college Earlham College in Richmond, Indiana.
Finally, in 1996 he graduated from New York University’s Graduate Acting Program at Tisch School of the Arts.
Actor, executive producer
- Father – William Carlyle Hall (Worked for IBM) (Died at 39 due to prostate cancer)
- Mother – Janice (Styons) Hall (Guidance counselor at Lees-McRae College)
- Siblings – None
Michael had one older sister, who died in infancy before his birth.
He is signed to Authentic Talent and Literary Management.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
79 kg or 174 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Michael C Hall dated –
- Amy Spanger (2001-2006) – The actors Amy Spanger and Michael Hall started dating in 2001. On May 1, 2002, the duo got married. The marriage went for three years. They split in 2005 and filed for divorce in 2006.
- Jennifer Carpenter (2007-2011) – Dexter‘s co-stars Jennifer Carpenter and Michael Hall started dating in November 2007. They, however, both met on the set in 2006. After dating for over a year, the couple married in a secret ceremony on December 31, 2008. The duo made their debut as a married couple at Golden Globes in 2009. They split in December 2010, after two years of marriage. Their divorce was finalised on December 2, 2011. They reportedly got back together in 2012.
- Julia Stiles (2010-2011) – In 2010, actress Julia Stiles played the role as Lumen Pierce in TV series Dexter in 10 episodes. During that time, she was RUMORed to be dating Michael C. Hall. Their RUMORed relationship ended in 2011.
- Vanessa Abrue (2011) – In 2011, he was RUMORed to be dating Showtime employee Vanessa Abrue. They both met on the set of Dexter and was rumored to be dating from March 2011 to December 2011.
- Morgan Macgregor (2012-Present) – Since September 2012, he is dating Canadian writer Morgan Macgregor. She was an associate editor at the Los Angeles Review of Books.
Race / Ethnicity
- Great body
- Has dated actresses, writer and non-show business people like Vanessa Abrue.
In 2009, he appeared in a TV commercial for Dodge (It was a voiceover). He also appeared in the commercial in 2011 and later.
In 2013, Michael appeared in the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society TV commercial.
Best Known For
Playing the lead title role as Dexter Morgan in the Showtime’s drama television series Dexter from 2006 to 2013. He appeared in a total of 96 episodes. He won Golden Globe Award and a Screen Actors Guild Award in 2010 for his contribution in this show.
He appeared in the 2003 sci-fi thriller film Paycheck for his role as Agent Klein. He didn’t had a starring role in the film.
First TV Show
From 2001 to 2005, Michael appeared in the HBO’s drama television series Six Feet Under for his role as David Fisher. He appeared in a total of 63 episodes.
As per his interview with Details, he works out three or four times a week, but exercises hard. He generally follows a circuit, which includes a variety of exercises.
Michael Hall takes help from celebrity trainer Gregory Joujon-Roche.
Michael C Hall Favorite Things
Here, Michael Hall has shared his 7 favorite Dexter moments on today.com.
Michael C Hall Facts
- Michael’s father died in 1982 due to cancer, when he was 11 years old.
- Michael initially desired to become a lawyer.
- He shares his birthday with Clark Gable and Brandon Lee.
- His ex-wife Jennifer Carpenter played his sister in Dexter TV series.
- He underwent a treatment for a form of Hodgkin’s lymphoma on January 13, 2010.
- Hall is the face of Somalia Aid Society’s Feed The People campaign.
- He is not on social media.