|Boyd Holbrook Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||September 1, 1981|
Boyd Holbrook is an American actor, producer, fashion model, and writer who is known for his television roles such as playing Mike Ferro in the action thriller series The Fugitive, DEA agent Steve Murphy in the crime drama series Narcos, William “Cap” Hatfield in the 3-part Western miniseries Hatfields & McCoys, Mykail in the dramedy The Big C, and The Corinthian in the fantasy drama series The Sandman. In addition to that, he has also been cast in a variety of films including Gone Girl, Higher Ground, The Reunion, The Host, Out of the Furnace, Little Accidents, The Skeleton Twins, A Walk Among the Tombstones, Song to Song, Run All Night, The Free World, Logan, Jane Got a Gun, The Predator, The Cursed, We Can Be Heroes, In the Shadow of the Moon, and Beckett.
Robert Boyd Holbrook
Prestonsburg, Kentucky, United States
New York, United States
He pursued a two-year Meisner Acting Program from William Esper Studio in Manhattan, New York.
He also undertook a two-year Voice and Speech Program at the performing arts theater Shane Ann Younts‘ in New York.
Boyd also got the School of Professional Studies Certificate (SPSC) in the 16mm film program from New York University.
Film and TV Actor, Fashion Model, Writer, Producer
- Father – Don Holbrook (Bulldozer Driver)
- Mother – Ellen Holbrook (Worked in Real Estate)
- Others – Lynn Boyd Holbrook, Jr. (Paternal Grandfather), Deloris/Delores/Dolores Dotson (Paternal Grandmother), Robert Eugene Harris (Maternal Grandfather), Dorothy E. Burchett (Maternal Grandmother)
His career has been managed by –
- LBI Entertainment
- Imprint PR, Public Relations Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
86 kg or 189.5 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Boyd Holbrook has dated –
- Omahyra Mota (2002-2005) – Boyd was in a relationship with Dominican model Omahyra Mota. The couple posed together for many editorials including Slash Magazine and were the subjects of photographer Ellen Von Unwerth’s exhibition in Paris titled Omahyra & Boyd. The couple posed n*de for his book by the same name in 2005.
- Julia Dunstall (2007-2009) – He dated Canadian Model Julia Dunstall for about two years until 2009.
- Elizabeth Olsen (2012-2015) – Boyd and actress Elizabeth Olsen started dating in September 2012. The couple got engaged in March 2014 but called it off after 10 months in January 2015.
- Laure de Clermont-Tonnerre (2015) – The actor was RUMORed to be dating French actress and producer Laure de Clermont-Tonnerre after the two were seen together at the Dior Homme Menswear Spring/Summer 2016 show at the Paris Fashion Week in June 2015. The couple remained shut on their relationship status.
- Maika Monroe (2016) – Boyd started dating model Maika Monroe in January 2016 and they split in March 2016.
- Tatiana Pajkovic (2016-Present) – He married Tatiana Pajkovic in the year 2016 and the duo has been blessed with a son.
Race / Ethnicity
Boyd Holbrook is of English, Scottish, Irish, distant German, French, and Welsh descent.
- Enigmatic Personality
- Blue Eyes
As a model, Holbrook has worked for designer labels and brands including:
- Jean-Paul Gaultier
- Hugo Boss
- Bill Blass
- Calvin Klein
- Marc Jacobs
Best Known For
- His notable work in movies like A Walk Among the Tombstones (2014), Run All Night (2015), and superhero movie Logan (2017) in which he played the role of villain Donald Pierce.
- He is well-known on television for the Netflix series Narcos in which he portrays the role of DEA agent Steve Murphy.
His debut film was the biopic Milk (2008) as Denton Smith, a friend of Harvey Milk.
First TV Show
Boyd debuted on television with ABC’s The Unusuals in 2009 in the role of ‘punk’ in episode 42 of the series.
For his role in Logan, he trained like a machine. According to an interview with Men’s Fitness, Boyd trained for 45 minutes in the morning and 1.5 hours after finishing his filming schedule daily. He put up a pull-up and dip structure and a bench in his bedroom for training. The actor also ran with his dog in Colombia and did burst sprints.
As part of his diet, he ate 4,000 calories daily and put a full stop to carbs and sugar. He also quit smoking and drinking and put on 25 pounds of muscle.
During the Logan filming, he trained with Hugh Jackman sometimes. They did circuits with heavy weights and CrossFit workouts. For the warm-up, they started with a 1,000 m row, 50 box jumps (3 sets), a 2,000 m row, and 20 wall balls. While in New Orleans, they hit the gym together, and while in New Mexico, the two would run to the set.
Boyd Holbrook Favorite Things
- Book – Swimming with Bridgeport Girls: A Novel by Anthony Tambakis
- Perfume – Bad by Diesel
- Sport – Basketball
- Actor – Sean Penn
- Accessories – Hats, Vests
- Style Icon – Jack White
- Clothing Store – Mr. Porter
Source – Instagram, Instagram, IMDb, AskMen
Boyd Holbrook Facts
- He worked part-time as a carpenter at the Jenny Wiley Theater in Kentucky. He got his first break while at the theater.
- If not an actor, Boyd aspired to become an architect.
- Before his acting career actually started, Boyd submitted around 200 tapes at various auditions.
- He unloaded planes for UPS in Louisville, Kentucky to pay for his college tuition.
- The actor is also a poet. His compilation of short series of poems was released with illustrations by Jamie Strachan through Model-Max.com.
- Boyd has worked with Terry Knickerbocker, an acting coach.
- The actor is also a sculptor. His work was exhibited at the Iscariot art show at the Rare Gallery in Chelsea, New York. The exhibition was held in 2008 from April 19 to May 17.
- The man is a photographer as well, having worked with David Bradley Armstrong.
- He brought to life the character of Kyle in the 2013 romantic science fiction thriller film The Host, starring Saoirse Ronan, Jake Abel, Max Irons, Frances Fisher, Chandler Canterbury, Diane Kruger, and William Hurt. For this role, Boyd Holbrook received the award for “Breakthrough Performer” at the Hamptons International Film Festival in 2012.
- Alongside Elizabeth Banks, Chloë Sevigny, and others, Boyd co-starred as Amos Jenkins in the 2014 drama film Little Accidents. This performance got him nominated for a Milano International Film Festival Award in the “Best Actor” category.