Algermissen, Lower Saxony, Germany
She had attended a Roman Catholic school.
Actress, former fashion model
- Father – Hans-Heinrich Heidkrüger (Computer specialist)
- Mother – Maria-Theresa (Bank employee)
- Siblings – Stefan (Younger Brother)
As a model, she was managed by Option Model Agency of Zurich.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
57 kg or 126 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kruger dated –
- Guillaume Canet (1999-2006) – French actor and director, Canet commenced dating in 1999. They married on September 1, 2001. They together have an on-screen appearance in Joyeux Noël in 2005. Due to their busy careers, their marriage was not successful and divorced in 2006.
- Joshua Jackson (2006-2016) – Canadian actor, Joshua dated with the former model, Diane from April 2006 to July 2016.
- Garrett Hedlund (2016) – In September 2016, American actor Garrett Hedlund and Kruger dated each other.
- Norman Reedus (2016-Present) – In March 2017, Diane made her relationship with American actor Norman Reedus public. They had met in 2015 while filming for the movie Sky. They are presumed to have started dating in 2016. The couple has a child together, a girl who was born in November 2018. They got engaged in August 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
33-23-35 in or 84-59-89 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
8 (US) or 38.5 (EU) or 5.5 (UK)
As a model, she has worked with many fashion designers and brands, which include Alberto Biani, Anteprima, Armand Basi, Ava Tricot, Bergdorf Goodman, Bruno Manetti, Burberry, Chanel, Chanel ‘Allure’ fragrance, Christian Dior, D&G perfume, Daniel Swarovski, Dim bras, Dooney & Bourke, El Corte Inglés, Emanuel Ungaro, Emporio Armani, Express, Fashion Targets Breast Cancer, Folli Follie, French Connection, Giorgio Armani ‘Acqua di Giò’ fragrance, Harstadt, iBlues, Jil Sander, Kenneth Cole, La Perla, Les Copains, L’Oréal, Louis Vuitton, Mango, Paule Ka, Romeo Gigli, Saks Fifth Avenue, Salvatore Ferragamo, Tocca, Vestebene, Yves Saint Laurent.
She has also endorsed Swiss watchmaker Jaeger-LeCoultre.
In May 2010, Diane was made the face of Calvin Klein’s fragrance line, Beauty.
Best Known For
Playing roles such as Helen in Troy, Dr. Abigail Chase in National Treasure and its sequel, Bridget von Hammersmark in Inglourious Basterds, Anna in Mr. Nobody, and Gina in Unknown.
She debuted with a 2002 movie The Piano Player, a TV-movie by Jean-Pierre Roux Dennis. She acted opposite Dennis Hopper and Christopher Lambert.
Kruger started with the fashion show Ready to wear – Autumn / Winter 1996 for D&G.
Diane does not like to hire any personal trainer and enjoys being outside. She does outdoor activities like hiking, canoeing, cycling, etc. She likes to stay active. She also does not keep a check on her diet on a regular basis. If she is gaining weight, she makes amendments in her diet, then. Read her workout routine and diet plan.
Diane Kruger Favorite Things
- Band – Lionel Richie
- Fashion Show – Chanel – for the fall 2011 couture show
- Perfume – Calvin Klein Beauty
- Designer – Phillip Lim
Diane Kruger Facts
- She likes ballet dancing. She had learned ballet dancing from the Royal Ballet in London and used to practices it a lot. But, somehow injured herself and as a result, she entered into modeling.
- Diane was raised as Roman Catholic.
- One of her grandmothers was from Poland.
- As a teenager, she had been sent to Student Exchange Programs to improve her English language skills.
- She took acting lessons from Cours Florent.
- She is good friends with fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld.
- Diane can speak German, English, and French fluently.
- She is an active supporter of UNICEF.
- During the 2012 Cannes Film Festival, she was chosen as a member of the jury for the Main Competition.
- She had hosted the opening and closing ceremony of the Cannes Film Festival in 2007.
- She likes to travel on foot, or on the bike. She actually loves being outside and does hiking, canoeing, etc.
- She loves men’s fashion and Rag & Bone is Joshua’s favorite brand.
- She enjoys cooking and cannot stop herself from buying at least one cookbook if she visits a bookstore.
- In June 2021, it was revealed that Diane and Norman Reedus had listed their Los Angeles-based 7,732 square feet chateau-style mansion for $9.25 million.