|Damian Lillard Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||July 15, 1990|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Damian Lillard is an American professional basketball player who is best known for his career with the Portland Trail Blazers of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He used to play college basketball for the Weber State Wildcats. Damian has also released studio albums like The Letter O, Confirmed, Different On Levels The Lord Allowed, and singles such as Run It Up, Bigger Than Us, Reign Reign Go Away, Goat Spirit, and many more. During the course of his career, he has been the recipient of honors like NBA‘s “Teammate of the Year”, NBA‘s “Rising Star”, NBA‘s “Rookie of the Year”, NBA Bubble‘s “Most Valuable Player”, and Big Sky Conference‘s “Player of the Year”.
Damian Lamonte Ollie Lillard
Dame, Lillard, Sub-Zero, Iceman
Oakland, California, United States
In his sophomore year, Lillard joined St. Joseph Notre Dame High School in Alameda, California, a school where the former NBA superstar Jason Kidd played in the past. However, because of his playing time deficiency, Damian shifted to Oakland High School where he stayed for his last two high school years.
After he graduated from high school, Lillard went to Weber State Wildcats where he played until the end of his junior year, when he decided not to attend his senior year so he can enter the 2012 NBA Draft. Eventually, Damian came back to Weber State and completed his degree in professional sales in May 2015.
Professional Basketball Player
- Father – Houston Lillard Sr.
- Mother – Gina Johnson
- Siblings – Houston Lillard Jr. (Older Brother) (Rugby Player), LaNae Lillard (Younger Sister) (Basketball Player)
- Others – Keljin Blevins (Cousin) (Basketball Player)
Damian is signed with Aaron Goodwin.
Lillard picked the number 0 to symbolize his life journey (Oakland, Ogden, Oregon).
6 ft 3 in or 191 cm
88 kg or 194 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Damian Lillard dated –
- Kay’La Hanson – In the past, Damian got engaged to Kay’La Hanson. In January 2021, the couple welcomed twins – a daughter named Kali and a son named Kalii. They later tied the knot in September 2021.
NOTE – He also has a son named Damian Jr. (b. March 29, 2018).
Race / Ethnicity
- Towering height
Lillard has signed a sponsorship contract with the sportswear brand Adidas.
He has also appeared in TV commercials for Foot Locker, State Farm Insurance, NBA, JBL, Spalding, EA Sports, Moda Health, Biofreeze, etc.
Best Known For
Being named as the 2012-2013 Rookie of the Year and for becoming one of the best scoring point guards in the NBA league.
First Basketball Match
Lillard had his debut for the Portland Trail Blazers on October 31, 2012 in the first game of the 2012-2013 season against Los Angeles Lakers.
The Blazers clinched the 116-106 victory with Lillard scoring 23 points and dishing 11 assists for a total time of 35 minutes spent on the court.
- Vertical Jump
- Ball Handling
The player has no significant weaknesses.
In July 2015, Lillard officially presented his first single called Soldier in the Game.
First TV Show
In 2014, Damian appeared in the comedy series Portlandia as himself in just one episode “Trailblazers.”
However, as an actor, he made his debut in 2016 where he did a voiceover for the character of Dame in the episode “Charlie Ball” in the animated family comedy series We Bare Bears.
There are a lot of videos on YouTube about Damian’s basketball workouts and those can be seen on the following links –
Damian Lillard Favorite Things
- Rap Artist – J Cole
- Favorite Player While Growing Up – Allen Iverson
- Restaurant – Benihana
- Non Basketball Athlete – Floyd Mayweather
- Movie – Paid in Full (2002)
- Thing About The City of Portland – The love in the city
Source – CSNNW.com
Damian Lillard Facts
- In the summer of 2007, Damian competed for Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) basketball team called Oakland Rebels.
- According to Rivals.com, Lillard was considered as a two-star prospect during his time at high school. At the same time, ESPN.com listed Damian as the 48th point guard in the country in 2008.
- In his freshman year, Damian was chosen as the conference Freshman of the Year and listed in the first-team All-Big Sky.
- At the end of his sophomore year, Lillard was titled Big Sky Player of the Year and was mentioned as an All-American by the multinational nonprofit news agency Associated Press (AP).
- In the 2012 NBA Draft, Damian was drafted as the sixth overall pick by the Portland Trail Blazers.
- Lillard scored his first game-winning shot on December 16, 2012, in a 95-92 victory against New Orleans Hornets.
- He won the 2013 NBA All-Star Taco Bell Skills Challenge.
- Damian competed in the five events during the 2014 NBA All-Star Weekend. He participated in the Rising Stars Challenge, Three-Point Contest, Dunk Contest, Skills Challenge, and also in the All-Star game.
- He appeared in the 2015 NBA All-Star weekend after he took the place of the injured Blake Griffin.
- In 2020, he became the co-owner of a Toyota dealership called Damian Lillard Toyota along with his longtime friend Brian Sanders.
- Damian is a hip-hop rap addict.