|Elizabeth Banks Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||February 10, 1974|
Elizabeth Banks is an American actress, producer, and director who is best known for portraying roles such as Effie Trinket in The Hunger Games film series and Gail Abernathy-McKadden in the Pitch Perfect film series. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Spider-Man 2, Catch Me If You Can, The Sisters, The Uninvited, Man on a Ledge, Magic Mike XXL, The Happytime Murders, Charlie’s Angels, S*x and the City, American Dad!, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Modern Family, and Press Your Luck. She has won numerous awards such as the Women in Film Crystal + Lucy Awards, BTVA People’s Choice Awards, and MTV Movie Awards.
Elizabeth Irene Mitchell
Pittsfield, Massachusetts, United States
In 1992, she graduated from Pittsfield High School. Soon after that, she attended the University of Pennsylvania from where she graduated magna cum laude (means “with great honor”) in 1996. In 1998, she earned her Master of Fine Arts degree from American Conservatory Theater.
Actress, producer, director
- Father – Mark P. Mitchell (worked at General Electric)
- Mother – Ann (née Wallace) (Worked at a bank)
- Siblings – Geoff Mitchell (Younger Brother)
She has a total of three siblings (including Geoff) and she is the eldest among them.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
55 kg or 121 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Elizabeth married the sportswriter and producer, Max Handelman in 2003. She first met him on the first day of the University on September 6, 1992. In March 2011, she gave birth to their first child, son Felix (born via a surrogate). In November 2012, the family welcomed another child, son Magnus Mitchell (again born via surrogacy).
Race / Ethnicity
She has English, Irish, Scottish, and distant Dutch ancestry.
34-26-35 in or 86-66-89 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
7 (US) or 37.5 (EU)
She has appeared in commercials for L’Oreal Paris, Realtor.com, Old Navy, etc.
Best Known For
Her recurring role as Avery Jessup on the sitcom 30 Rock from 2010 to 2012.
She debuted with the 1998 independent film Surrender Dorothy as Vicki. She was credited as Elizabeth Casey.
First TV Show
In 1999, she had a cameo appearance in the American TV soap opera All My Children (or AMC) as a waitress.
She takes help from personal trainer Joselynne Boschen. She has been working with Boschen for five years. When Elizabeth is in LA, she exercises three days a week for about an hour and concentrates on cardiovascular exercises, weight training, plyometrics, medicine balls, and TRX training. Read her full workout routine and diet plan.
Elizabeth Banks Favorite Things
- Shoes – Frye Boots
Source – TheListCollective.com
Elizabeth Banks Facts
- She used to play a lot of baseball as a kid and used to ride horses.
- To avoid confusion with another American actress of the same name, i.e., Elizabeth Mitchell, she changed her name to Elizabeth Banks.
- She was a member of Delta Delta Delta Sorority at the University of Pennsylvania.
- She is college friends with producer Todd Lieberman.
- In 2014, Elizabeth was honored by Elle magazine during “The Women in Hollywood Awards.”
- She has done voiceover work in video games for characters like Betty Brant in Spider-Man 2 and Spider-Man 3.
- Elizabeth was ranked at the 39th spot in FHM UK‘s “100 Sexiest Women in the World” list in 2010.
- Banks has a celebrity crush on German-Irish actor Michael Fassbender.
- She can’t stop herself from eating cupcakes. She has a weakness for them.
- She supported Hillary Clinton during the 2016 presidential campaign.
- One of her biggest mistakes in life was acting in the independent film Surrender Dorothy. She revealed it in an interview with Slate in 2012.
- She is a great fan of David Letterman.