|Temuera Morrison Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7¾ in|
|Date of Birth||December 26, 1960|
Temuera Derek Morrison is a New Zealand actor and also the nephew of the renowned Kiwi performer Howard Morrison. Morrison divides his time for filming in the United States, Australia, and New Zealand. He has a son, James and a daughter Aiorangi. He started his career in the film industry with Rangi’s Catch. He is well-known for his roles in both the film industry and TV shows. He has also played roles in Star Wars II & III and also in comics film Aquaman. He is popular for voicing the character Boba Fett in the 2004 DVD release of Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back (1980), the father of title character in Disney’s Moana in 2016 named Chief Tui and for the role of Arthur Curry’s father in Aquaman in 2018.
Temuera Derek Morrison
Rotorua, Bay of Plenty, North Island of New Zealand
Temuera Morrison went to Wesley College, Auckland for his secondary education and then to Western Heights High School, Rotorua.
He went to the New Zealand Special performing Arts Training Scheme to learn drama.
- Father – Laurie Morrison (Musician)
- Mother – Hana Morrison (née Stafford)
- Siblings – Taini Morrison (Older Sister; Died) (Performer)
- Others – Howard Morrison (Paternal Uncle) (Musician), Atareta Maxwell (Paternal Aunt) (Kapa Haka Leader), Michael Ashton (Cousin) (Makeup Artist, Hair Stylist)
5 ft 7¾ in or 172 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Temuera Morrison has dated –
- Kim Willoughby (Late 1980s) – Temuera has a son with singer Kim Willoughby, named, James.
- Ashlee Howden-Sadlier – Tem and Ashlee dated for 7 years.
- Angela Marie Dotchin (1997-2002)
- Peata Melbourne – He has a daughter with Peata named, Aiorangi.
Race / Ethnicity
Morrison has Maori, Scottish and Irish roots.
With age, he lost his hair and turned bald.
Tough and angular facial feature
Temuera Morrison Facts
- Temuera did an eponymous role in Rangi’s Catch which was originally made for television and was re-edited and re-cut for the theatrical issue.
- In 1994, Temuera was appreciated for the role of brutal and rude Maori husband Jake “The Muss” Heke in Once Were Warriors.
- In 2005, he presented the talk show The Tem Show on New Zealand television.
- In 2009, he commenced writing an autobiography to motivate others.
- In 2010, he claimed that his role “Jake the Muss” was a burden around his neck.
- His debut album named Tem was released in November 2014 through Sony Music Entertainment NZ. The album had the cover songs of his father and uncle Howard Morrison.
- He gained attention for his role in Star Wars II as the bounty hunter Jango Fett. In Star Wars III, he reappeared to play a bunch of clones of Jango Fett.
- After the Star Wars, he returned to the opera Shortland Street for 6 weeks to reinterpret the role of Dr. Hone Ropata in 2008.
- He was the best man at Jay Laga’aia’s marriage.
- Morrison has revealed that he stood on a box, while getting featured together with the actress Nicole Kidman in Aquaman, because of her towering height.
Featured Image by Star Wars / Flickr / CC BY 2.0