|John C. Reilly Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||May 24, 1965|
John C. Reilly is a multi-talented American actor, comedian, singer, screenwriter, and producer known for his roles in Casualties of War, Days of Thunder, What’s Eating Gilbert Grape, The River Wild, Hard Eight, Gangs of New York, Step Brothers, Wreck-It Ralph, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Kong: Skull Island. He has collaborated with many musicians and has performed as John Reilly & Friends in clubs.
John Christopher Reilly
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Southern California, United States
John C. Reilly studied at Brother Rice High School in Chicago. Later, he attended DePaul University’s Goodman School of Drama in Chicago and graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts in 1987.
Actor, Comedian, Singer, Screenwriter, Producer
- Father – He managed an industrial linen supply company.
- Siblings – He has 4 older siblings and 1 younger sibling.
- Others – Clemens Petronis (Maternal Grandfather), Veronica Strelciunas (Maternal Grandmother), Thomas J. Reilly (Paternal Grandfather), Cecilia MacLean (Paternal Grandmother)
John C. Reilly is managed by Framework Entertainment, Talent Management Company, West Hollywood, California, United States.
Country, Bluegrass, Folk
Third Man Records
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
89 kg or 196 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
John C. Reilly has dated –
- Alison Dickey – In 1989, John met independent film producer Alison Dickey on the set of Casualties of War (1989) in Thailand. Back then, Alison was working as an assistant of actor Sean Penn during the making of the film. After dating briefly, the couple tied the knot in 1992. They are blessed with 2 sons (b. 1998 and 2001).
Race / Ethnicity
He has half Lithuanian and some Irish, German, French-Canadian, and Scottish ancestry.
- Curly hair
- Often wears a hat
John C. Reilly has done endorsement work for TiVo.
He was raised as a Roman Catholic.
Best Known For
His versatile roles in films and televisions including Casualties of War (1989), Days of Thunder (1990), What’s Eating Gilbert Grape (1993), The River Wild (1994), Hard Eight (1996), Boogie Nights (1997), Magnolia (1999), Chicago (2002), Gangs of New York (2002), The Aviator (2004), Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story (2007), Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (2006), Step Brothers (2008), Wreck-It Ralph (2012), Guardians of the Galaxy (2014), Kong: Skull Island (2017), and Check It Out! with Dr. Steve Brule (2010-2016)
As a Singer
John C. Reilly has collaborated with musicians like Tom Brosseau and Becky Stark and has performed numerous songs like It’s Never Too Late, Wayward Traveler, Rock Of Ages, and Blues Stay Away From Me as a member of the band, John Reilly & Friends.
In 1989, he made his theatrical film debut in the war crime drama film Casualties of War as PFC Herbert Hatcher.
In 2009, he made his theatrical film debut as a voice actor by lending his voice for the character #5 in the animated adventure action film 9.
First TV Show
In 1993, he made his first TV show appearance in the neo-noir anthology series Fallen Angels as Martin Lonsdale.
In 2006, he made his TV show debut as a voice actor in the animated comedy series Tom Goes to the Mayor as John.
John C. Reilly Favorite Things
- Musician Of All Time – Elton John
Source – Noisey
John C. Reilly Facts
- Raised in the Chicago Lawn neighborhood, John describes himself as a very mischievous child.
- When he was 12 years old, he along with few of his friends stole 500 boxes of Sugar Corn Pops from a freight train.
- Growing up, he was the lead singer in his brother’s band called Shark Fighter.
- John practices Transcendental Meditation.
- In April 2004, he left the filming of Manderlay (2005) to protest against the killing of a donkey during production.
- For the audition of his role in Chicago (2002), he sent a video of him singing in a bow tie and suit for director Rob Marshall.
- He had starred in 3 films (Chicago (2002), Gangs of New York (2002), and The Hours (2002)) out of the 5 films nominated for “Best Picture” at the Oscars in 2003.
- John has frequently been called “his generation’s Gene Hackman” for his curly hair and tall figure.
- In 2005, he was selected as one of the dramatic juries at the Sundance Film Festival.
- He is a fan of the Chicago White Sox team.
- His first ever plane ride was to Thailand, to shoot the film Casualties of War (1989).
- John has worked with Sean Penn in films such as Casualties of War (1989), We’re No Angels (1989), State of Grace (1990), and The Thin Red Line (1998).
- In real life, he is very good friends with Will Ferrell.
- He has contributed as a writer in films like Bagboy (2015), Wreck-It Ralph (2012), and Step Brothers (2008).
- His project as a producer includes The Sisters Brothers (2018), Check It Out! with Dr. Steve Brule (2010-2016), Stone Quackers (2014-2015), and Bagboy (2015), among others.
- He likes to roller skate once a week.
- John likes collecting amateur clown paintings.
- He is not active on social media.
Featured Image by John Bauld / Flickr / CC BY-2.0