New York City, New York, United States
He is based in New York City, and, often travels to Los Angeles for work-related commitments.
Ken Leung went to the high school in Old Bridge, New Jersey.
After graduating from high school, he got enrolled at the New York University (NYU) as a University Scholar. He graduated from NYU with a major in pre-physical therapy.
- Father – Wang-Gang Leung
- Mother – Kim- Chong Lui
- Siblings – He has a younger brother.
Ken Leung is represented by PH Entertainment Group.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
65 kg or 143 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ken Leung is a type of man, who doesn’t like to discuss his personal life with media. He is a fiercely private man, who shuns exposure of his private life in any form and due to this very reason, he doesn’t have social media accounts, which makes it difficult to scrape information about his love life and dating history.
All we know is that he is a married man, which we learned from his interview with Asia Society, in which he made passing remarks about his wife.
Race / Ethnicity
On both his parents’ side, he is of Chinese origin.
- Round face
- Wiry body build
Best Known For
- Having played the role of Admiral Statura in the epic action movie, Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Having portrayed one of the leading roles of Detective Stephen King in the horror thriller movie, Saw.
- Being cast in the role of Karnak in the action drama TV series, Inhumans, which is set in Marvel Cinematic Universe.
In 1995, he made his first film appearance in a minor role in the romance drama movie, Pictures of Baby Jane Doe.
First TV Show
In 1995, Ken made his TV show debut in an episode of the legal drama series, Law & Order. He later appeared in more episodes in 2000 and 2002.
Ken Leung Facts
- He started performing at the age of around three or four. At that age, he used to perform fake news shows for his father. He also performed improvised skits for his grandma.
- He seriously got into acting at the New York University after someone asked him to take an acting class as an elective in junior year.
- Due to his Asian heritage, he was often mistaken for a martial artist from Hong Kong while on the sets of the movie, Rush Hour.
- He briefly studied acting at the HB Studio along with stage and screen actress Anne Jackson.
- The Sopranos producer Damon Lindelof was so impressed by his work in a guest appearance that he specially created the role of Miles Straume in the TV series, Lost for Leung.
- In his early days as an actor, he worked with STAR, which is a group of traveling actors cum educators that work at Mount Sinai Hospital.
- Before finding his feet as an actor, he worked with theatre groups such as Ma-Yi Theater Company and New Perspectives.
- He got his big breakthrough after being cast in the dark comedy movie, Welcome to the Dollhouse (1995).
- His Broadway debut came in the Tony Award winning musical play, Thoroughly Modern Millie in 2002.
- He doesn’t have any social media account.
Featured Image by Chris Jackson / Flickr / CC BY 2.0