|Amanda Abbington Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||February 28, 1974|
Amanda Abbington is an English actor, voice actor, and theatre artist who is known for playing Mary Watson (née Morstan) in the mystery crime drama series Sherlock, Josie Mardle in the period drama series Mr Selfridge, Siobhan in the comedy show After You’ve Gone, Sophie Mason in the drama series Safe, Marilyn Harwood in the sports drama series Dream Team, Babs in the drama series Married Single Other, D.S. Jo Moffat in the crime drama series Cuffs, D.I. Louise Munroe in the crime drama series Case Histories, Polly in the comedy series The Robinsons, Maude in the period drama series Plotlands, Sonia in children’s drama series Bernard’s Watch, and Dot in the police procedural drama series Wolfe. She has also appeared in movies like The Good Night, Swinging with the Finkels, The All Together, The Queen and I, Another Mother’s Son, Crooked House, Make Me Famous, Six Days of Sistine, Saving Grace, The Booze Cruise II: The Treasure Hunt, The Debt, Three Pints and a Rabbi, and We the Kings.
Amanda Jane Smith
London, England, United Kingdom
Actor, Voice Actor, Theatre Artist
- Father – John Smith
- Mother – Patsy Smith
- Siblings – She is an only child.
Amanda Abbington has been repped by –
- Conway Van Gelder Grant Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
- Hobson’s International, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Amanda Abbington has dated –
- Martin Freeman (2000-2016) – In 2000, she met British actor Martin Freeman on the set of the film Men Only and the duo eventually started dating. They worked together on projects such as The Debt, The Robinsons, The Good Night, and Sherlock. The couple parents 2 children – a son named Joe (b. 2006) and a daughter named Grace (b. 2008). It was reported on December 22, 2016, that Amanda and Martin had separated.
- Jonathan Goodwin (2020-Present) – Amanda Abbington started going out with Welsh retired escapologist and daredevil Jonathan Goodwin in the year 2020. The two had been social media friends for a decade but they met only after Amanda split from Freeman. During their first meeting in Vienna, Goodwin proposed to her within 30 minutes. The couple is engaged.
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair ‘light brown’.
She has been cast in TV commercials for –
- McDonald’s Restaurants “Route 66” (1994)
- PC World (1997)
- Maltesers Chocolates (2006-2010)
Amanda Abbington Favorite Things
- One Of Her Favorite Actors – Martin Freeman
Source – IMDb
Amanda Abbington Facts
- She was raised in Hertfordshire, England.
- Amanda made her first theatrical film appearance as Vivian Jesson in the 2007 fantasy comedy-drama film The Good Night, starring Martin Freeman, Penélope Cruz, Gwyneth Paltrow, Simon Pegg, and Danny DeVito.
- From 2014 to 2017, she brought to life the character of Mary Morstan in the mystery crime drama series Sherlock. For this role, she won the Crime Thriller Award for “Best Supporting Actress” as well as got nominated in the “Best Supporting Actor in a Movie/Miniseries” category at the Critics’ Choice Television Awards in 2014.
- Amanda Abbington co-starred as Ivy Forster in the 2017 war drama film Another Mother’s Son.
- Her theatre credits include having been cast in productions such as Love Me Tonight, The Safari Party, God Bless the Child, The Son, Abigail’s Party, God of Carnage, and A Little Princess.
Featured Image by Ibsan73 / Flickr / CC BY 2.0